Han Solo ANH Blaster From RIA, Prev on Pawn Stars

Another set from our Anonymous hero, to help get things back on track..with approval of course..:D

See anything?..maybe a Round/Tube center greeblie between the antennas?..as per the Greedo Blaster, instead of the T-Track we all thought was there for so many years ;)

-Carson

MS1.jpeg
MS2.jpeg
MS2-1.jpeg
MS2-2.jpeg

Thanks again for the new sharp clear image Carson!

I have studied the new images Deadbolt graciously posted again and found details on the HERO, MerrSonn, Power 5 and stunt blasters that all match up. They must be the same base gun and cast BEFORE the right side mounts were brazed on.

The mold seems to have been made of the 2813 upper and lower with left side mount. Possibly the Sweeney.

The mold had to have been made of the base 2813 gun without the FH attached (as we can tell by the details of the barrels of the MerrSonn images) and only the left side disc mounts clayed up.

The Merrsonn's/Stunt do not yet have the right side mounts and since the details match, the timeline I suggested must be pretty close.

For some reason the Protectors gun was not available or broken?

At some point they decided they needed it to be right side scoped so Carl flipped the discs and used the ST mount and scope.

I have zero doubt the castings are the 2813 HERO upper and lower.

The casting of the stunt also shows the grip and screw match.

What do you all think?

blaster right side proof hero-merrsonnfor post.jpg

blaster left side hero-merrsonn proof for post.jpg

Thanks again for the new sharp clear image Carson!

I have studied the new images Deadbolt graciously posted again and found details on the HERO, MerrSonn, Power 5 and stunt blasters that all match up. They must be the same base gun and cast BEFORE the right side mounts were brazed on.

The mold seems to have been made of the 2813 upper and lower with left side mount. Possibly the Sweeney.

The mold had to have been made of the base 2813 gun without the FH attached (as we can tell by the details of the barrels of the MerrSonn images) and only the left side disc mounts clayed up.

The Merrsonn's/Stunt do not yet have the right side mounts and since the details match, the timeline I suggested must be pretty close.

For some reason the Protectors gun was not available or broken?

At some point they decided they needed it to be right side scoped so Carl flipped the discs and used the ST mount and scope.

I have zero doubt the castings are the 2813 HERO upper and lower.

The casting of the stunt also shows the grip and screw match.

What do you all think?

View attachment 1537450
View attachment 1537451
I agree heavily. I found in the ANH blaster thread the rear "disc" with saw marks changes orientation from one resin blaster to another.
ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found
So that may be some extra piece glued to the resin gun (no idea why)

Another set from our Anonymous hero, to help get things back on track..with approval of course..:D

See anything?..maybe a Round/Tube center greeblie between the antennas?..as per the Greedo Blaster, instead of the T-Track we all thought was there for so many years ;)

-Carson

Yes! The center greeblie does not look like T Track in these images. Looks much rounder and paint chips on top showing whitish under?
Also, these sharp images seem to show the "antenna" sitting directly on the barrel as I always suspected. No track base to be seen. This must be true especially if it's not T Track.!

It could very well be the same part used on the Greedo blaster! Good eye Carson!

Note the shape and shadows on the Greedo blaster sight part. Looks the same to me!

Not T track in my book.

blaster T track vs greedo sight for post.jpg

Basing on my models, I too am certain that the Antenna(s) are placed and glued directly to the barrel, both on the Hero and the Merr Sonn blasters.
kpax was the first to notice this fact. The models and angles only helped prove it.

Excellent observations, Pat!!..especially soo far beforehand years ago :oops:

-Carson

It is round, not T-track.
It's not too nice in the castings but looks like maybe a round part with clay in the undercuts for casting?
These guns are more beat up in present day so I think that tells us these photos are pre-filming or at least close to that vintage.
Well, this is revelatory. Clearest pictures I've seen yet of these two. I wouldn't say clay. It looks like glue squished out to the sides when whatever that round thing is got glued on. I feel like it's just a length of white plastic tubing, rather than an entire found part. It's different lengths on the two versions of blaster photographed. Not a huge difference, but a difference. And, because of the "shadow" where the one pushrod fell off the "Model 44", all the greeblies were likely stuck on before the whole assemblage was spraypainted black. And it doesn't look quite the same shade as the bolt (under the "catamaran" Tomtit part, where paint missed) or the aluminum Michell pulley on the magazine.

Clearer, but still no idea what the three pieces on the right side and two on the left side of the "Power 5" magazine are... *sigh*

Last edited:
Looking at the new image of the “44”.

The center part and missing antenna/ pushrod.
I always thought that the center part was broken off like the barrel leaving an angled break and highlight triangle . The images were always a little too blurry to tell exactly.

But now it looks as if the center part is actually ground at an angle to allow the antenna head to fit against it! The center part may be showing the “white” material it’s made of and a ground angle.

What do you think?

I don't think so. Looks like the original material color, obscured by the "antenna" piece that fell off. It looks like overspray, and I'm pretty sure I see the curvature of the piece from the camera angle (slight leftward curve).

Attachments

• not-t-track.jpg
    not-t-track.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 57
I don't think so. Looks like the original material color, obscured by the "antenna" piece that fell off. It looks like overspray, and I'm pretty sure I see the curvature of the piece from the camera angle (slight leftward curve).
Could be. Very hard to tell.
But the antenna rod looks fairly consistently flat against the center tube. Even depth? Parallel to the center tube?

If it is ground to fit the antenna head it would look something like below...

power 5 antenna.jpg

blaster merrsonn 44 short antenna copy.jpg

If just that bit toward the end were filed flat to make room for the pushrods, it'd likely leave a triangular face like that, and still leave the curvature above and below. The material itself is so featureless, though, we have no way to tell. Why I hate priming anything in white -- can't see any detail when you're checking for defects.

If it is ground away there, that means it's more likely a solid bit of material, rather than hollow...

Well, this is revelatory. Clearest pictures I've seen yet of these two. I wouldn't say clay. It looks like glue squished out to the sides when whatever that round thing is got glued on. I feel like it's just a length of white plastic tubing, rather than an entire found part. It's different lengths on the two versions of blaster photographed. Not a huge difference, but a difference. And, because of the "shadow" where the one pushrod fell off the "Model 44", all the greeblies were likely stuck on before the whole assemblage was spraypainted black. And it doesn't look quite the same shade as the bolt (under the "catamaran" Tomtit part, where paint missed) or the aluminum Michell pulley on the magazine.

Clearer, but still no idea what the three pieces on the right side and two on the left side of the "Power 5" magazine are... *sigh*
The center piece does look to be cut to size. Not a finished molded model part.
Shorter on the Greedo for sure

blaster T track vs greedo sight fshort.jpg

these look a little conical. Very flat base.

Could they be some sort of rubber button type thing. The flat part would be under a hard plastic with a hold for the rubber bubble button?

Is that the one from the Pawn Stars episode? If so it has a couple screen used components, but is mostly just a rebuild from Bapty.

4ae8-931c-8248e5d12700__Han-Solo-Star-Wars-Blaster.jpg

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    795.4 KB · Views: 60

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back