Han Solo ANH Blaster From RIA, Prev on Pawn Stars

This is hilarious.

7188940D-94F3-4D84-8D3D-1C006F6DCB35.jpeg

…and so it was, at that very moment, that Chumlee—the wisest of the Pawn Stars crew—suddenly realized that Star Wars was, in fact, a movie and not “for real”…

Last edited:

Attachments

• final t-shirt preview.jpg
    final t-shirt preview.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 90
  • close up - light design.jpg
    close up - light design.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Nice work! I like that you went with the no-greablie version too, it seems to emphasize things more so..to any of us that actually follow the subject/auction as cAd mentioned a few posts back, PS vs. SW and such.
I'm in! Starting with Pat's post, your work and the meaning behind it, it's awesome.

P.S. chubsANDdoggers..just noticed that your initials are CAD on the RPF, and you do cad work..=b

-Carson

Nice work! I like that you went with the no-greablie version too, it seems to emphasize things more so..to any of us that actually follow the subject/auction as cAd mentioned a few posts back, PS vs. SW and such.
I'm in! Starting with Pat's post, your work and the meaning behind it, it's awesome.

P.S. chubsANDdoggers..just noticed that your initials are CAD on the RPF, and you do cad work..=b

-Carson

Never noticed that myself. Nice catch! Guess it was ment to be (y)
wicked nice, why not teespring so we can get it in black?
I like where ur going with this but not sure the scope will show up? Might lose an important detail with black on black :unsure:

Maybe someone from the RPF should make a video, being intentional of legal fair-use, and lay out all of the evidence against the PS blaster being false stating only the facts supported with evidence and absolutely no opinions or conjecture (and no name-calling) and hashtag the heck out of it and spread it around social media to 'get the word out'.
Just to give this a quick bump, while I’m not sure how much immediate impact it can have with the auction only a week away, I think it could still offer some longer-term value. If the lot sells, there’s a decent chance it will return to the market before too long. Or it may end up in an undiscerning museum, in which case a video could serve as a caution for the public.

A succinct summary of the RPF’s position would also just be handy as a resource, since it is a bit much to ask a layperson to wade through a 30-page thread. That’s a large part of why I wrote such a lengthy email for journalists – though granted even still, I’ve only received one positive response out of a dozen outlets (thank you Jedi News!!).

If nothing else, I hope the lot sells embarrassingly low. If this gun was truly what RIA claims, it ought to clear $500k easy; I’m dumbfounded that they set their estimate as low as $300k. So if it goes for less than the Julien’s ROTJ piece (which a real ANH blaster absolutely should not), that’ll be rather telling that a lot of bidders steered clear, and it’ll make it a bit harder for RIA to brag. Then again, not holding my breath...

Last edited:
As we have all seen with these questionable auctions, is that our messages/emails to these auction houses, or the press, are swept under the rug under the guise of: "Those are amateurs and hobbyists and they know nothing" kind of reaction.:(o_O(n)
Too bad; it's because of us, amateurs/hobbyists, that certain frauds and false statements have been uncovered!! Not only concerning movie props/models/costumes, but also in the Art world as a whole.

Not only is it because of communities like ours over the years that props are even sought after, but these communities are one of the reasons these props (if real) even have any monetary value. Without proof of said prop's authenticity, just like autographs and such, without people with knowledge of the subject and actually know what to look for, there is no value unless proven otherwise.

I wonder if asavage might be able to make this a bit more Public (being a fellow prop aficionado like us), before it's too late??

..Help us Adam Savage, you're our only Hope..

-Carson

Any links to more info on this?

Here’s one example: A Roger Christian prop which was withdrawn from auction after scrutiny.

And a Kurtz prop which ended up in the Ripley’s Believe It or Not museum.

wicked nice, why not teespring so we can get it in black?

T-shirt in dark-gray for optimal color-coordination (again, priced at-cost):

[Edit: I've tweaked this design a little to reduce the glow background and give it more defined edges. If anyone feels either design could use improvement, let me know; only two takers so far.]
[2nd Edit: I've removed the glow background from the RPF label, in case maybe that was off-putting.]

Attachments

• final t-shirt - dark - preview.jpg
    final t-shirt - dark - preview.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 32
  • final design - glow.jpg
    final design - glow.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
..looks like they reblued the scope, then kicked around the driveway for a bit and left it over-night. Wow..

Edit: Funny how they added/encouraged rust to the 'restored' vertical of the mount's lower too, hmm :unsure:

-Carson

Last edited:
That scope sure looks battle worn.
Nice weathering.
..looks like they reblued the scope, then kicked around the driveway for a bit and left it over-night. Wow..

Edit: Funny how they added/encouraged rust to the 'restored' vertical of the lower too, hmm :unsure:

Much as it pains me deeply to defend RIA, I'm suspecting that this photo may have been either enhanced (in sharpness, saturation, etc.) or taken using some special beautifying setting. The handle especially looks really odd to me. As I've said, I'm no DL-44 expert, so perhaps you guys are picking up on characteristics I'm missing, but I'd propose that we consider whether this photo is an accurate representation.

For reference, this is what it looked like in other footage yesterday:

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back