Han Solo ANH Blaster From RIA, Prev on Pawn Stars

In retrospect I wish I had archived Bapty's original website, as their current interface looks entirely different from how it did earlier this year. The idea just didn't occur to me. I suppose somebody here could always email Bapty with this image and ask them what it is supposed to be, though like NASA I would not exactly be holding my breath for a straight answer.

It's not a casting. It's the real scope.
I think they re-blackened it which makes it so the scratches and finish don't align anymore.

RIA is basically putting everything on the 3 Mausers idea which Bapty has put forward. Was there ever a mention of this before this gun showed up? Supposedly a period photo confirms the serial number on this particular gun to be "one of the 3 used".
Bapty retains the only copy of the photo and RIA are not allowed to use it in the auction - supposedly due to Disney.
I'm really curious what is in this photo - just the gun? converted? someone from production holding it? No idea.
Thanks for the input Chris.!

Do you know it's the real HERO scope or just another HW scope? Looks like a casting in that image. Have you seen this weird blaster anywhere else?

Judging by the design of the blaster, FH and mount it must be post ANH. ESB or RotJ timeframe. That would mean the ANH blaster was in fact disassembled after ANH wrapped as Tony said. They used the scope for this "test" design" and maybe opted for a smaller scope. The scope and (mount) also shows up in the bunker we believe.

The most important scratches and gouges on the PS scope are still there thankfully. Guess it didn't rust out as bad as the mount. The RIA images are nice to see.

When there is only one copy of a "secret" image that would confirm the claims BUT we are not allowed to show anyone... hmmm

Disney has nothing to do with this item. If they did, Tony couldn't sell it. Why would they care if a photo validated the prop?

AND wouldn't that make it MORE valuable. PROOF!

I too would love to see this photo proof. The pic they showed on PS was the same pre production image we have and is not the PS blaster.

It would have to be a stripped version, cut barrel with no scope or mount because Tony said they only had one. So only one blaster could be on screen at a time. The hero only appears on screen a handful of times and all the images we have of the dressed prop are the 2813 HERO. So the claim of "screen used" is not accurate.

Maybe they had the 3 cut barrel Mausers ( some maybe with lugs) in reserve in case they were needed but I don't believe they were ever dressed with greeblies.

In retrospect I wish I had archived Bapty's original website, as their current interface looks entirely different from how it did earlier this year. The idea just didn't occur to me. I suppose somebody here could always email Bapty with this image and ask them what it is supposed to be, though like NASA I would not exactly be holding my breath for a straight answer.

This is likely the closest we can get, unless they had a different domain name back when?

-Carson

Done. :D

I am REALLY not hoping for very much, but do note that I have sent a rather lengthy email detailing some of the broad specifics of this prop versus the to-be auctioned piece along with comparison images to a journalist with a history of making detailed expose pieces (specifically regarding fraud and deception in certain marketplaces). Even if this topic does not capture their interest I think it important to try and spread the truth about this piece before it comes up to auction next month, regardless of whether or not there is any real difference. I can't personally stomach all the articles written by "journalists" popping up everywere regarding this ""original"" Han Solo blaster coming up for sale soon, particularly when they all seem to have been written without any real integrity or research.

I wonder if there are any committed members here with 'contacts' that can slip some real info into the mix, publicity-wise?
I wouldn't doubt that where there's a will there's a way, especially considering how easily, and now common, political things tend to sort of leak their way onto television these days.

-Carson

The ROTJ bunker blaster has the scope mounted very high up. Could the mount have been hacked up in the years between ANH and ROTJ, if indeed the bunker gun is a reappearance of it?

Rotj was filmed in California with Stembridge supplying the live fire weapons and static prop weapons. For an item in baptys inventory to make its way to California would be a task. Even more so when an entirely different company has the project. It also wouldn't make sense when the props themselves were visually recreated. Then again stranger things have happened.

I mean… it’s a good question. I think our old assumption was that those scenes were shot in London and that’s all they had to work with.

Rotj was filmed in California with Stembridge supplying the live fire weapons and static prop weapons. For an item in baptys inventory to make its way to California would be a task. Even more so when an entirely different company has the project. It also wouldn't make sense when the props themselves were visually recreated. Then again stranger things have happened.
If that is the case then as you say, the bunker mount is not AS probable.

But the scope shape looks to be a reversed HW so maybe a casting or different HW. ?

I wonder if there are any committed members here with 'contacts' that can slip some real info into the mix, publicity-wise?
[DELETED]
On reflection, I've decided to remove this post - just a mid-frustration gripe about a failed attempt at encouraging a news site to amend their story. Apologies.

Last edited:
These comments are on the YouTube video? Can someone link me to the dicusssion?

[DELETED]
On reflection, I've decided to remove this post - just a mid-frustration gripe about a failed attempt at encouraging a news site to amend their story. Apologies.

Last edited:
Those scenes INSIDE the bunker were filmed on the sound stage in the Uk… hence why we see the bapty blizzaro blaster with ANH Hensoldt.

If those bunker scenes were filmed in England then a whole new batch of prop weapons would be involved not just with Hans blaster but everyone's blaster that's a live fire and/or not a rental from the states with Stembridge. Meaning all new creations. Did the imperial officers fire a Mauser based pistol, and if so, is it possible it had a bull barrel?... If so, is it possible the Mauser in question is from Rotj and not ANH?

It's presumed to be at least one of the (two) factually known NR Masers, one of which possibly wasn't needed or used in NR which is the one that became the ANH Hero..and many other films/shows before it, haha. There's still no proven evidence that there were more than those two made with the same modifications. Although they claimed (3, or 4 now?) that were modified in the same manner, yet no proof of such claims. All of us here and the general public even have that we can factually state, is there were two Mausers proven to be made in that manner by Bapty, no photos or proof otherwise.

Until better, higher res images surface of the 'Bunker/Bizarro Blaster', we can't really know more than what we can see sadly. All we can see is that it's clearly a bull-barreled Mauser (only the Bapty NR/onward Mausers are currently known to have that), and the mount and HW scope was visibly present too, though reversed and mounted to an ROTJ style mount as noticed by OdiWan72 I think?

The Mauser has obviously been molded at least twice, first known is the Merr Sonn with the NR lower, the other for the ESB/ROTJ stunt blasters with the Hero ANH upper and lower. No proof or evidence as of yet suggesting that the mount and/or scope were ever molded and cast and used at all.

But the length of the Bunker blaster's barrel suggests the likelier possibility that it's not a stunt casting being used and modified with that ridiculous barrel and such. The real Mausers had threads in the bull-barrel to accommodate for the extension. Though, all of the known stunt casts from that Hero ANH Mauser were molded with the FH on it. Thus making the bunker blaster less likely to be a casting, since removing the section where the FH is cast in would shorten the visible Bizarro blaster's bull-barrel substantially, and noticeably.
I have absolutely no clue as to why they made that crazy blaster that way, it removes full continuity completely from Han's blaster throughout the film.

Maybe the scene was intended to show a blaster stolen from an imperial officer or something? But who knows.
Interesting when the scope and mount come in to play, they've only been seen in two films so far, ST and SW (but, possibly/likely on the bunker blaster in ROTJ too).

We have no solid evidence (or any implication even) of any known castings from the full ANH Hero at all in the first film, none. Only the Merr Sonn with the different lower. But our unknowing doesn't mean they didn't exist, it's possible that we just simply haven't seen them or didn't make it into the film(s). But as far as screen-used goes, all of the current evidence and reference seems to show that the ANH Hero appears to be the same odd, unique, swapped lower, lumped, Pat's patched Mauser throughout the entirety of ANH. The same Mauser that all of us here have been studying with extreme passion over all of the...well, decades now..

-Carson

Last edited:
It's presumed to be at least one of the (two) factually known NR Masers, one of which possibly wasn't needed or used in NR which is the one that became the ANH Hero..and many other films/shows before it, haha. There's still no proven evidence that there were more than those two made with the same modifications. Although they claimed (3, or 4 now?) that were modified in the same manner, yet no proof of such claims. All of us here and the general public even have that we can factually state, is there were two Mausers proven to be made in that manner by Bapty, no photos or proof otherwise.

Until better, higher res images surface of the 'Bunker/Bizarro Blaster', we can't really know more than what we can see sadly. All we can see is that it's clearly a bull-barreled Mauser (only the Bapty NR/onward Mausers are currently known to have that), and the mount and HW scope was visibly present too, though reversed and mounted to an ROTJ style mount as noticed by OdiWan72 I think?

The Mauser has obviously been molded at least twice, first known is the Merr Sonn with the NR lower, the other for the ESB/ROTJ stunt blasters with the Hero ANH upper and lower. No proof or evidence as of yet suggesting that the mount and/or scope were ever molded and cast and used at all.

But the length of the Bunker blaster's barrel suggests the likelier possibility that it's not a stunt casting being used and modified with that ridiculous barrel and such. The real Mausers had threads in the bull-barrel to accommodate for the extension. Though, all of the known stunt casts from that Hero ANH Mauser were molded with the FH on it. Thus making the bunker blaster less likely to be a casting, since removing the section where the FH is cast in would shorten the visible Bizarro blaster's bull-barrel substantially, and noticeably.
I have absolutely no clue as to why they made that crazy blaster that way, it removes full continuity completely from Han's blaster throughout the film.

Maybe the scene was intended to show a blaster stolen from an imperial officer or something? But who knows.
Interesting when the scope and mount come in to play, they've only been seen in two films so far, ST and SW (but, possibly/likely on the bunker blaster in ROTJ too).

We have no solid evidence (or any implication even) of any known castings from the full ANH Hero at all in the first film, none. Only the Merr Sonn with the different lower. But our unknowing doesn't mean they didn't exist, it's possible that we just simply haven't seen them or didn't make it into the film(s). But as far as screen-used goes, all of the current evidence and reference seems to show that the ANH Hero appears to be the same odd, unique, swapped lower, lumped, Pat's patched Mauser throughout the entirety of ANH. The same Mauser that all of us here have been studying with extreme passion over all of the...well, decades now..

-Carson
I agree with most above but:

IMO the MerrSonn castings are casts of the ANH HERO upper AND lower as is the ESB Stunt.

I had done the comparisons a while back and there are many details and witness marks that show the same Upper and Lower.

THE GRIP WITNESS MARK COMPARISON IS NEW.

blaster right side proof hero-merrsonn copy - Copy.jpg

blaster left side hero-merrsonn proof copy.jpg

blaster pre hero merrsonn grip match 2.jpg

I posted a full history I believe to be accurate based on the evidence a while back.

These are my assumptions:

Based on these images it seems the ANH Mauser was first given to Lucas with the LEFT side lug mounts and scope from possibly Sweeney or NR or other Lower. This is NOT the R&H LOWER.

Note there are NO Right side lug mounts. The art dept. made a mold of it which we see in the MerrSonn castings.

Logically, the MerrSonn casting was either molded from a Mauser with the 2813 upper and a lower with NO mounts at all OR it had LEFT side lug mounts when first shown to Lucas... which makes sense since it seems the rear lug on the castings were cut off. The front covered by the pulley.

I have always assumed that Lucas tested the blaster with the left side mount and scope and realized Han needed a right side holster so they gave it back to KCarl to change to a right side mount. We now know that KCarl easily brazed on and off and refinished these Mausers many times so no problem. Lucas likely explained the holster use to KCarl and he changed the scope and mount to the ST to be a little more compact.

KCarl gave it back to Lucas which is the PreProduction HERO image. The art Dept. made another mold of the HERO with RIGHT side lug mounts which eventually became the ESB Stunt blaster castings.

So, the MerrSonn castings are of the 2813 HERO entirely but with the original LEFT side mount lugs. IMO.
For me, there are just too many "actual" witness marks that match exactly the HERO preproduction image.

These images also prove the HERO lower can not be the H&R. Possibly be the NR Lower or Sweeney if it was different or another Lower entirely since KCarl added Lugs as needed.

Wow Pat, I wish you shared this earlier! Now I think the Merr Sonn actually does share the same lower as the Hero..

I wonder why they molded it twice? With the Merr Sonns, the FH was much further outward, vs. the ESB/ROTJ stunt being almost right-on to the Hero FH position)

Thank you for sharing this buddy, I hadn't even noticed those identifying marks!!
..though I wonder now how they removed the spacers so cleanly?

Also on the Merr Sonns, if that 'possible' antenna post wasn't in the way of the slight radius cut in the Hero's frame right where the top of the Mystery Disk is, that would absolutely prove it for sure.
Though, we can't factually claim it's a pushrod stem there, it might be just part of that possible Bic Pen tube-like thing in the center of the Merr's barrel greeblie. :p

Great stuff, man. I think I know now what my favorite feeling is, a 'New Realization'..it feels good..

-Carson

Wow Pat, I wish you shared this earlier! Now I think the Merr Sonn actually does share the same lower as the Hero..

I wonder why they molded it twice? With the Merr Sonns, the FH was much further outward, vs. the ESB/ROTJ stunt being almost right-on to the Hero FH position)

Thank you for sharing this buddy, I hadn't even noticed those identifying marks!!
..though I wonder now how they removed the spacers so cleanly?

Also on the Merr Sonns, if that 'possible' antenna post wasn't in the way of the slight radius cut in the Hero's frame right where the top of the Mystery Disk is, that would absolutely prove it for sure.
Though, we can't factually claim it's a pushrod stem there, it might be just part of that possible Bic Pen tube-like thing in the center of the Merr's barrel greeblie. :p

Great stuff, man. I think I know now what my favorite feeling is, a 'New Realization'..it feels good..

-Carson
I did share these thoughts months ago. I know you were out of the loop a while. I speculated an entire history a while back.

The FIRST (MerrSonn) mold with Left side lugs and FH and longer barrel may have been molded just to be a "different" blaster type for their arsenal.

After the right side mounts were brazed on they seem to have made a second mold maybe to have a record of the HERO in case. These are the ESB Stunts.

It seems KCarl brazed on and off lugs and "sleeve" bull barrels according to Tony, and refinished the frames. Not too difficult really. Heavy duty soldiering really. A little cleaning and bluing.

Last edited:
So it looks like they turned off the comments for that video. Interesting as it’s another manipulative misdirect and narrative control..

Supposedly a period photo confirms the serial number on this particular gun to be "one of the 3 used".
Bapty retains the only copy of the photo and RIA are not allowed to use it in the auction - supposedly due to Disney.
I'm really curious what is in this photo..

That photo will never see the light of day. It’s all they have to authenticate this sale apparently. I’m sure the truth within that photo (what ever it might be) would be revealed within minutes. If you are going to use a photo to authenticate something it’s ultimately useless to the greater public if you are the only one looking at it don’t you think?

This is the only truth within that video.. just short of the purity line that is.

“The goal of the two men wasn’t to create the blaster exactly as it was..“

Unfortunately, sadly they are trying to sell it as if it where though.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back