Han Solo ANH Blaster From RIA, Prev on Pawn Stars

I think the issue is that we here, especially in this and the Mega DL44 discussion thread have spent SO long trying to sort out the truth and details about the ANH blaster that when the PS blaster finally surfaces with the real scope and rear rings +-, but the rest of blaster so obviously not original we are disappointed. We are annoyed that they put it forward ( at first) as the real "blaster" in total. Not as "some parts are original"

The BIG deal to us is that now, after years of study and research, pulling out every accurate detail we can - there is a pretender on the block that CAN and WILL confuse and confound the public and member/visitors here when looking for the truth about the ANH dl44. That is one reason it is important (to us) to have the record clear and honest as to what is original and what is newly fabricated replica. The issue here, especially for newbies is that if they see the PS version and believe IT is the definitive actual screen used prop, then those details will be believed over the true details we know to be true.

As Davy Jones said, big money collectors have different agendas then we do.

For this RPF and other prop interest communities looking to accurately replicate or document the ANH dl44, only the PS scope and upper rings are original and unchanged or unaltered in any significant way from the screen used prop.

Everything else is either newly fabricated parts or rebuilt and altered portions from parts intended for screen use but never on screen IMO.

Unfortunately it seems from Tony and KCarls words that the originals were in fact disassembled and taken down to their PRE SW condition right after filming in 1977. ( again, a nice full interview with KCarl could clear up a lot of speculation and potentially give us some build details about the mounting lugs, MD, barrel, restrictor, previous film history (NR) etc.

If true and the ANH blaster was taken apart after filming then sadly the film version does not exist anymore.

The good news is that we do finally have very good reference images of the actual scope and rings. We also have much better reference images (thanks to Carson) of the original 2813 cast Mausers in the form of the MerrSonn castings and Luke Stunt blaster. It would be great to get better and more various angled photos of the MerrSonn blaster castings. KCarl may be able to give insight as to the time table of the build. The MerrSonn show no sign of the right side lugs but may have lugs on the left side.

Now that we know KCarl actually did braze and remove lugs and refinish the guns, it makes more sense that the scope mount side could be changed more easily.

We also know thanks to Carson exactly what the greeblies are. The Mystery disk unfortunately (or fortunately ;) ) remains a mystery.
The Mount is fairly well known and accurately replicated at this point especially from the first steel run from DEC, but I for one would love to question KCarl about its origins and fabrication for ST.

Maybe there are better images out there somewhere. Maybe more will come to light. I hope so.

I would need to take another look when I am there again but as far as I recall there are about 13 ROTJ blasters - almost all of them casts. Three of them are all black while the rest have silver bell painted and one of them is the real deal. The total number can be misleading though because items are often removed for exhibits around the US and around the world.
Will be great to hear more if you are able.

I would also like to hear more about the MerrSonn castings if you can. The fact that they do not have mounting lugs on the right side is interesting. Suggesting that the base ANH c96 was given to the art dept "first" without the right side mount. Very curious.

Will be great to hear more if you are able.

I would also like to hear more about the MerrSonn castings if you can. The fact that they do not have mounting lugs on the right side is interesting. Suggesting that the base ANH c96 was given to the art dept "first" without the right side mount. Very curious.

I don't recall ALL of what I've seen... but I can tell you they have at least three Mersonn casts with tomtit sides, two MGC ROTJ, the Hoth MGC, labeled as LUKE and HAN's ESB, two Leia ROTJ Margolin casts, a TON of biker scout blasters, a few Jabba Guard blasters at least 3-4, 3 or more muppet/dagbobah casts with broken scope mounts that have the pistons and square block dressed similar to the ROTJ MGCs and silver painted flash hiders (Like Mark describes), maybe to be holster props...

There's just so much there and it moves around a lot like Mark said.

I would need to take another look when I am there again but as far as I recall there are about 13 ROTJ blasters - almost all of them casts. Three of them are all black while the rest have silver bell painted and one of them is the real deal. The total number can be misleading though because items are often removed for exhibits around the US and around the world.

Thanks KS! Around 13 Solo DL-44 blasters?? Wow. Obviously there is no way we will ever see what they look like but I’m am curious to know what castings we are talking about. I wonder if they are mostly the stunt versions that we are already familiar with.

Edit: just saw the above post

I don't recall ALL of what I've seen... but I can tell you they have at least three Mersonn casts with tomtit sides, two MGC ROTJ, the Hoth MGC, labeled as LUKE and HAN's ESB, two Leia ROTJ Margolin casts, a TON of biker scout blasters, a few Jabba Guard blasters at least 3-4, 3 or more muppet/dagbobah casts with broken scope mounts that have the pistons and square block dressed similar to the ROTJ MGCs and silver painted flash hiders (Like Mark describes), maybe to be holster props...

There's just so much there and it moves around a lot like Mark said.
Thank you both for this. Very insightful as always, so much was made (and I know some boxes of things that were made and never used) that it’s hard to keep track of everything. Sounds like the things that were purchased in multiples … MGC Mausers and the air pistols, casts of the real guns, were definitely kept. I think it’s cool that the Hoth one, made for filming in Norway stuck around. In some literature I read (?) or saw in a video that the hero ANH gun was sent back to Bapty because George didn’t quite like the first mock up, which might have been when the mounts were on the left side

Thank you both for this. Very insightful as always, so much was made (and I know some boxes of things that were made and never used) that it’s hard to keep track of everything. Sounds like the things that were purchased in multiples … MGC Mausers and the air pistols, casts of the real guns, were definitely kept. I think it’s cool that the Hoth one, made for filming in Norway stuck around. In some literature I read (?) or saw in a video that the hero ANH gun was sent back to Bapty because George didn’t quite like the first mock up, which might have been when the mounts were on the left side
More likely because those were firearms technically and were RENTED for production they HAD to be returned. Same with Stembridge in the US location shoots. Rented... not owned by LFL. The only ones LFL owns are casts and MGC replicas. The Bespins, ANH hero, etc belonged to the armories.

This morning randomly my wife told me to turn on KCRW here in LA because they were talking about this specific blaster. Here’s what I was able to record and share. I’m sure the rest can be found online somewhere as well. 500k ouch!

Edit: here’s the full clip online..

Last edited:
For this RPF and other prop interest communities looking to accurately replicate or document the ANH dl44, only the PS scope and upper rings are original and unchanged or unaltered in any significant way from the screen used prop.

The absolute best statement pertaining to this worldwide ruse. kpax (Pat)

Trying to fool the public with false facts (even on televised news!) and total lack of proof of such, as well as the ever-changing 'facts', simply isn't proof at all. It is against this hobby and everyone that has dedicated countless amounts of their time towards it for the effort of truth and realization, without monetary gain being the motivation. Not falsities throwing new prop fanatics interested in the subject into confusion as to what is real and what is not.

-Carson

We should put up a poll here to guess what it will hammer for.

I wouldn't doubt it will go much higher than the starting bid..sadly. Just due to deception, lack of doubt of the bidders and no noted understanding of the prop informing them (which would kill their sale if so). But, one day, that buyer will realize they made a million dollar mistake. ;)

I do think the scope and rings alone are worthy of 50 to 70 grand or so at least..if we had a little more documentation of the parts.
Hell, one of the Willy Wonka Everlasting Gobstoppers (a stunt, conveyor belt one) fetched over 30 despite no proof, or who it 'may' have been used by if at all, not much documentation.
Also a Hero blank firing M16 from Forrest Gump sold as well claiming it was the one Tom Hanks used (I think from Bapty as well?..but I can't remember, I have the catalog somewhere), even though I knew right away it wasn't the one Tom Hanks used basing on the details, type of muzzle etc.. Though it was likely used in the film, it wasn't the one on-screen in Tom's hands during filming.

Deception = Money, at the cost of the unknowing

-Carson

Last edited:
did he really just flat out lie about the serial number in the sinatra film!? well, I mean he also flat out said the gun itself was from production as well... damn.

I wonder if any of the Rock Island people saw the pictures from the Pawn Stars episode... they clearly doctored the flash hider between then and now to make it look 'vintage'.

Does anyone have a high-res of the autographed picture of Harrison Ford shown in the background? It almost looks like they photoshopped out the mystery disk for the video...

or this

Attachments

• CEEDA37D-ADFA-4734-A971-6F02737532BC.jpeg
    CEEDA37D-ADFA-4734-A971-6F02737532BC.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 80

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back