Done / Completed Han In Carbonite (HIC) ABS plugs/pockets

Hey guys,
Got a word back from the vac former .. he couldn't create a pull of my buck, his (industrial) equipment has too much suction and the MDF was keeping the plastic stuck to it due to its porous nature even though the walls were at an angle!

He suggested I either machine my buck in aluminium or create then in epoxy but that would mean that I need at least one good vac of the bucks.

I'm not giving up though, I will try to find an alternative but if you were waiting on this for payment on any other run, you shouldn't .. that might take a while!

Yeah, it's the part about sanding smooth that would probably take ages on this though! I'm currently checking into another venue on this .. everything is not lost! :D

One thing for sure, I'm not redoing those plugs .. I spent enough time as it is, if I can't use them to get that one good pull, that'll be it.
I like the Ultra Cal idea though .. Never thought of it!

To be honest, that part of the project has been put on the side until I completely finish the greeblies .. waiting to hear from someone on this and will update when I do!

Hey guys, we've made some great progress on the HIC cavity boxes. Thanks to Zenix for providing the measurements for the bucks and to Bigturc for working with us to make sure we are making these the most accurate we can. Bigturc has been sent a set for testing fitment, and they've worked out perfect here so we'll be offering these up for sale in the Junkyard shortly.

Photo%20May%2023,%2011%2002%2034%20AM.jpg

Here's a pic of the real HIC for reference.
LFLHan.jpg

Last edited:
My thunder just got stolen! :D

As soon as I receive these, they'll be fitted on the box and pictured taken .. then all hell will break lose!!!

:thumbsup

I received my plugs from bluerealm today and quickly test fitted them in the slot .. looks like a perfect fit!
I will try to install them tonight or tomorrow night .. they should be done by the week end!!

More to come ...

Installation of the plugs has started, they are now fitted in and trimmed, I'm waiting for the liquid nail to stabilize then will start putty work on these. Very nice fit for the Zenix box. I'll have pictures up as soon as the putty work is done!

Last edited:
These have been offered by Blurealm for a while now .. but I'm not sure if he does them again. You would have to check with him.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back