Han Gun Belt Cylinder Discovery/Jawa Torch Metal or Plastic confirmed????????

Tom1971

Sr Member
I have no idea if this is already known or if I am right but the only info I have found anywhere on the Han Gun Belt Cylinder is that it's probably off the Micro Torch the Jawas and Luke use and it needs to be painted a blueish/grey.

That always seemed like an odd color for a Han belt item until I saw this.

IMG_3988.jpg

My guess is they had this lying around and threw it in the belt, decided it looked good as is and did not paint it. It just seemed odd to paint something this color that was going on his belt.

Well in searching for my Jawa torch I found one that was not the correct torch but had a blueish/grey and red cylinder. Two of each actually. So I snagged them.

The torch Luke and the Jawas use is the Gold metal one and not the plastic one. See pics.(Sorry, can't do screen shots), but the cylinders they use are silver. On Parts of Star Wars and other sites it shows the correct torch but some places have the white plastic ones listed. If you watch the two scenes you can't miss the gold top and base in the Jawa scene and the gold base again in the Luke scene. Sorry for the bad pics

IMG_3971.jpg

IMG_3972.jpg

IMG_3970.jpg

IMG_3968.jpg

Thoughts?????

The metal torch is the correct one. That's been known for awhile and that's why we have it pictured on The Parts of Star Wars. The plastic one is a more modern alternative that likely wasn't around at the time. Some people have the plastic ones just because they're easier to find.

The Han belt cylinder actually isn't related to the Jawa torch besides being the same size. The belt cylinder is a Sparklet cartridge for a soda syphon. It's a CO2 cartridge. The vintage Sparklets cartridges (sometimes called 'bulbs') are the correct greenish color. The Sparklet bulb holders were later used on the AT-AT driver helmets. Other Sparklets pieces were also used as set dressing etc.

No wonder I was so excited Chris. Your site says it's from the torch.

Thanks again for the info. There seems to be some Sparklet cartridges on Ebay but it's much more green and there is a bunch.

Really just need one.

No wonder I was so excited Chris. Your site says it's from the torch.

Thanks again for the info. There seems to be some Sparklet cartridges on Ebay but it's much more green and there is a bunch.

Really just need one.

The green is the correct color (hard to tell from still frames but in ANH publicity photos it's pretty clear.)
They are easy to find in the UK but a little tough to get here in the US. Most UK sellers won't ship here. I don't think shipping compressed gases is allowed in normal packages.

I bought a full box years ago and I've been meaning to sell a few off.

PS - I guess these are one more thing on a LONG list of updates needed on the site. Most stuff there is correct, just a lot of details and new discoveries missing.

Hi Tom,

I'll let you in on a sneak preview of my latest acquisitions.

VintageSparklets03.jpg

Original Vintage CO2 Sparklets/Soda Chargers for Syphons!

-Chaim

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back