HamelinGraphix's Captain America TFA

HamelinGraphix

Here's the build thread for my newest suit, the Captain America: The first Avenger costume.
Because the budget is, once again, rather tight, I didn't go for big and fancy parts. I went with what I could afford.

That and CA isn't my favorite character by a long shot, but I really like the portrayal in the movie and that costume is awesome.

I just got pics from Jeremy at Malmey Studios of the helmet. For the budget, I'm impressed!
He's very quick on his turn around times, about a week from order to shipping. I like!

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

More pics as time progresses.

Here are the latest pics from the suit. About 5 hours of work went into it at that point, I'm around 6-7 hours into modifying it now.

DSCF1601_R.jpg
DSCF1600_R.jpg

And I got the helmet today, modded the chin strap to add the clip, but that's it.
Helmet_turnaround.jpg

Here are the gloves. These came with the suit from Hellocosplay.com

They are a bit big, but since I added a strap to the wrist, it's a lot better.

Not the best, but not to shabby.

DSCF1607.jpg

Irish, the suit he is wearing is a premade one from Hello Cosplay. PunisherNC (Mike) on these boards had the same one, but weathered it a bit more and made some more mods than Hamelin. You can see that suit now on CaptainSuperman's awesome TFA display, which there is a thread for on this board.

I've been considering this one myself and I think Hamelin's pics have totally sold me. I'd probably do the same mods as PunisherNC did, though.

Hamelin, saw this on LOH too. Great work! Thanks for really nice pics of the suit.

It's been a while since I added anything to this forum!

Since last time, I've added a resin star from Fourthwall design and remade the gloves so that they actually fit.

And, today, I've reworked the underlayer, the white part, and the red stripes. I've replaced them with a more fitting layer and some rugged canvas stripes.

I believe it looks more complete that way.
I've also worked a bit on the leather of my helmet, but it doesn't show that much.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back