Halo Wars Helmet

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by MitasTouch, Mar 26, 2012.

1. MitasTouch

MitasTouch Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I made this helmet a while ago, but now have the chance to share it. It's my first fully finished pepakura helmet so it didn't turn out nearly as good as some other people on this forum. Mainly from the lack of tools I had. It was originally a pepakura file by RUNDOWN. Then was covered in resin and bondo. I hardened the inside with rondo (a mix made of resin and bondo) and just sloshed it around. Sorry I don't have pictures of these because I didn't have a camera at the time. I do however, have pictures of the final product.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I installed vents on the sides and the front so there would be more air flow. It works really well. And as you can see, the bondo work isn't too good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let me know your thoughts. :)

2. MitasTouch

I also used cardboard for the details on the top because the file didn't have those details. They were all hand drawn and cut out.

3. ComedicHistory

ComedicHistory Active Member

I actually really like this. It's a bit rough around the edges but it looks pretty darn cool. Is it possible to take some clearer pictures? Thanks for posting!

4. MitasTouch

Actually yes. I can take pictures with my PSP with the camera attachment. Unfortunately, I lent my PSP to my girlfriend to play some PS1 games on it. I'll post some clearer pictures once I get it back.

5. MitasTouch

I have videos of the helmet. There's two of them. One where it's all hardened, but only had primer on it, and the second is what you see here. But I used hot glue on the inside so the top wouldn't sag.