Halo UNSC Army: Armour Refurb

Tatters

How do,

so this will be my first proper project log, refurbishing a set of Halo armour from the unfortunately aborted fan-film 'Operation: Chastity'. The aim is to make this the basis for a hybrid suit built for a LARP game I play in, so this is that log...

Unfortunately I don't know who made the original, but whoever you are, thank you.

Anyway, though brief that's enough chatter, everyone always prefer pictures.

So starting with the helmet for the costume I've spent the last two days sanding it down ready for its repaint.

My question however, is this.

I'm going for a battle damaged white colour scheme with blue/orange decals (The body armour with be a metallic blue colour primarily) So, to get the battle damaged look, do I go

Grey Primer>Black>Silver>White

or

Grey>Silver>Black>White?

so that when I sand back/weather the layers for damage, I get the layers showing through.

What do folks think?

Cheers,

Chris

Ok, so after some more wetsanding until I was happy, I got to start on the fun bit, applying paint. Theres not much to say realy, went with grey primer, black 'preshading' on any armour joins, silver basecoat followed by a feathering of white for the main colour. Pretty easy with no mishaps, as ad it was a boiling hot day, really quick between layers.

Next up, first bit of weathering and then decals...

So with the paint down, next up was to bring out the sandpaper again and start wetsanding gently through the layers to work my way back through the colours to the grey. I think the trick as in painting toy soldiers is knowing when to stop to avoid going too far, which hopefully people think I've managed.

Getting in some weathering first also got me a guide of sorts for when I put the decals on, being see through on white pits from the clear decal paper I used, it meant I could weather them into place. So after selecting appropriate decals, I printed them out, gave them and the helmet a coat of sation varnish and them put them in place.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back