Suggestion Halo Universe Section on RPF

Xaqted

Just as the topic says, there should be a section on the RPF that just BS's about Halo attire, etc....

I hear about the 405th, but sometimes their website can be a bit 'unique' to navigate.

....just sayin'

Makes about as much sense as having a star trek or star wars section. In the end there'd be like 50 sub sections for each particular group.

I'm with Scareb.

And besides the order of popularity of stuff on here goes something like.

1. Star Wars
2. Star Trek
3. Dr. Who
4. BTTF
5. Aliens
comic book depth
video game depth
Halo
Fallout
Mass Effect
Portal

But I would give the 405th a shot. I don't hang out there much anymore since I don't make much new Halo gear but I met a lot of cool folks there. The place was the birthplace of pepakura armor on the internet and still one of the best resources for that kind of build.

As much as I love the 405th, (That's where I got into prop making.) It's been seriously neglected as of late. It would be nice if there was a place where I can see more Halo builds from more varying prop makers...

That's how I feel, half of the website looks off centered. Honestly, I wish the 405th ran like the RPF forum. Much more organized, easy to look at. But I keep checking back there every day for new stuff.

As much as I love the 405th, (That's where I got into prop making.) It's been seriously neglected as of late. It would be nice if there was a place where I can see more Halo builds from more varying prop makers...

"Neglected" or just a reflection of it's popularity?

Just sayin'...

;)

There's nothing really "wrong" with the 405th, it's more the fact that the majority of members are a younger generation, more or less lack the same level of experience in prop making/related, not to mention, maturity.

While I see alot of great builds going on, I feel that they sometimes are "lost" within the forums. It has ALOT of subforums, practically narrowing down categories that are specific, but still broad. Most of the good builds are buried beneath these subforums and hardly see the light of the main page. I thinks it's really just too congested...

There's nothing really "wrong" with the 405th, it's more the fact that the majority of members are a younger generation, more or less lack the same level of experience in prop making/related, not to mention, maturity.

While I see alot of great builds going on, I feel that they sometimes are "lost" within the forums. It has ALOT of subforums, practically narrowing down categories that are specific, but still broad. Most of the good builds are buried beneath these subforums and hardly see the light of the main page. I thinks it's really just too congested...

Well said my friend, that's how I feel everytime I try to look up something over there. Just gives me a head ache...

The 405th has lots of potential! Whenever the first Halo movie comes out there will be a flood of people looking for help on creating their very own Halo attire. Which means more traffic for the people over at the 405th.

However, knowing the movie industry, who knows when that Halo movie will ever be created!

Personally, I think the 405th is a great forum. sure there are things that could be changed to make it better, but that is with any forum. Yes the site is harder to navigate than others, but for one that is why there is a search, for two a lot of people have a "want it now" attitude and if they can't find it within the first 15 seconds of looking, they give up. At the end of the day, you get out something what you put into it.

The 405th is a very well established site and while the RPF would be very interested in partnering with it, we have no interest in directly competing with it for Halo content. Does anyone know who owns/runs the 405th?

The 405th is a very well established site and while the RPF would be very interested in partnering with it, we have no interest in directly competing with it for Halo content. Does anyone know who owns/runs the 405th?

Adam is the head administrator/creator, to my knowledge. He is a member here

Adam's username here is MjolnirArmor. That's because it was the original name of the forums before it became the 405th a few years back.

All the Admins and folks are members here.

I used to be a mod there. I just haven't built any Halo stuff in a long while so I haven't dropped by much in the last year.

I'm a member there with my own ODST suit. And man can I say that site can be frustrating to surf lol

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back