HALO Master Chief Resin Armor

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

sax092

all in all it is a great costume and I would definetly buy it if wasn't so warped. the paint and the build is high quallity but those get over weighed by the amount of warping, was this a pep? if so what thickness of card stock did you use? maybe try less resin at once and use a thicker card stock.

sax092

wait no this is a cast build. maybe try suporting the mold with a stronger mother mold? and what did you make the mold from a peped model, foam, 3d print? this is the stuff people will want to know if they are going to buy it.

texnnyc

I don't know what Shawn used when he made it. I think he's OOB now as his old email bounces back. It can be easily shaped to give the best fit to the wearer with a heat gun.

texnnyc

all in all it is a great costume and I would definetly buy it if wasn't so warped. the paint and the build is high quallity but those get over weighed by the amount of warping, was this a pep? if so what thickness of card stock did you use? maybe try less resin at once and use a thicker card stock.
Not sure what Shaun used when he built it. Any warping can be adjusted/removed by a heat gun for a custom fit to the wearer.

sax092

Well, since I'm selling it, I want people to see the "current state" of the armor. I don't want to be accused of using incorrect pictures.
i didn't mean it in a bad way but if I where selling it then I would try and make it the least warped as possible

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.