Halo Mark 6 Custom build PIC intensive

jnjoker100

A co worker wanted a Halo Mark 6 helmet with custom paint job. 2 weeks, fiberglass, bondo, resin, spot filler and paint later a battle damaged (looks like it went through world war 3) helmet was born.

PS He wanted it to look like it was beat all to hell.

On a funny note though. The day after we fiberglassed i was talking to my coworker and mentioned how strong the resin and fiberglass was. He didnt believe me so we took the helmet outside and shot the visor with a 22 rifle. The visor had been fiberglassed and resined even though we were gonna cut it out because the original plan was to do a small run of them but because we shot it..... well long story short the slug imbedded into the visor part but never got through. He wants now to make the helmet into a snowboarding helmet with padding etc after seeing how much of a hit it could take.

Very nice build.

Yeah, if a 22 shell merely imbedded itself, yeah, I'd want to turn it into a snowboarding/skiing helmet too. It'll turn heads and get people talking to you too. :lol

Or, you could stick camo on it and go huntin'...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back