Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary

Shade88

Ok, who else is going to be playing one of the best FPS remakes of all time? And to all of you Halo fans: Are you going to play the Campaign first or the Anniversary Multiplayer?

I am so excited!!! :behave Ok I am calm now. :lol

Talisen

Sr Member
I want to get it, but I have 3 games already queued to be played first. Mind you it'll be campaign (and co-op) only. I don't get involved in the Multiplayer stuff.

Solo4114

Master Member
I preordered it for myself and a friend of mine who is a HUGE HALO fan. It'll be my first time playing any HALO game for longer than 15 min.

Wes R

Legendary Member
I have it preordered it for my friend as soon as i get some cash I'm getting a copy. I like that they added storyline stuff.

Shade88

@Talisen: I agree, while I do play Multiplayer, Halo should always be mainly about the Campaign.

@Solo4114: It'll be worth it, one of the best campaigns of all time. (In my opinion.):)

@Wes R: I know right? The terminals are going to be so fun to find, I am so glad I decided not to look those up on youtube, I need to go in and have a new experience, much like I did when I first played Halo: Combat Evolved for the first time. :D

Wes R

Legendary Member
I wasn't that big a halo fan, i mostly follow it because my friend is nuts about it but for 40.00 you can't argue.

The Wook

Master Member
Ok, who else is going to be playing one of the best FPS remakes of all time? And to all of you Halo fans: Are you going to play the Campaign first or the Anniversary Multiplayer?

I am so excited!!! :behave Ok I am calm now. :lol
I hadn't heard of this. I LOVED playing CE when it came out years ago. Completed the Campaign (solo) on Normal, Heroic, and Legendary.

What's this "Anniversary" version all about? I'm guessing it's formatted for my 360, but is there anything new about the game? Mainly I'm interested in the Campaign, as I don't play Multiplayer much. And when's it gonna be in stores?

Thanks,

The Wook

Wes R

Legendary Member
I doubt mine will have all the preorder goodies but that's okay as i got the 10.00 discount towards another purchase and my friend gets her Master Chief avatar suit lol

The Wook

Master Member
Hey Wook-

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Trailer (E3 2011) - YouTube

I pre-ordered mine when I heard it was releasing. Kinda forgot about it until last week. I've been busy playing Skyrim but I love me some Halo so can't wait to play it tomorrow :) Definitely will go through the Campaign before I go online, same as I always do
Thanks, but that didn't mention if there was anything *new* in the Campaign. I don't know what "Completely Remastered" means, but I'm guessing it simply means that the graphics look better.

I'm not gonna bother replaying the game just because it looks better. It looked fine 8 years ago when I played it the first time. But if there's something *new* in there...

...then I'm interested.

Any new baddies? New weapons? New vehicles? New abilities (e.g. running)? New challenges in Campaign offered by new buildings or landscape features? Does Cortana get naked? What enticements are there to replay the Campaign?

The Wook

Shade88

Thanks, but that didn't mention if there was anything *new* in the Campaign. I don't know what "Completely Remastered" means, but I'm guessing it simply means that the graphics look better.

I'm not gonna bother replaying the game just because it looks better. It looked fine 8 years ago when I played it the first time. But if there's something *new* in there...

...then I'm interested.

Any new baddies? New weapons? New vehicles? New abilities (e.g. running)? New challenges in Campaign offered by new buildings or landscape features? Does Cortana get naked? What enticements are there to replay the Campaign?

The Wook
It's the same gameplay from ten years ago with better graphics, reorchastrated soundtrack by Skywalker sound, New terminals that will have hints about some of the things we'll face in Halo 4, skulls to change up some of the gameplay in the campaign.

There is also some kinect functions, such as analyze mode which allows you to learn more about the covenant, weapons, and vehicles, you can also reload or throw a grenade by saying those phrases...

There is also six new multiplayer remakes and one new firefight map for playing in Halo: Reach, five of them from Halo: Combat Evolved, One from Halo: PC, and the Final one is from Halo 2. The firefight map is a reimagined spot from Halo: CE's second level "Halo".

Not bad for $40.00 :love

Wes R

Legendary Member
The terminals isn't really enough of a new storyline to get me hooked, i was hoping for new characters and storyline in the game.

Shade88

Well considering the fact they are trying to stay as faithful to the original gameplay/story as possible, I ruled out new characters/story a looooong time ago... So when I found out about terminals, I was actually impressed. :D

Wes R

Legendary Member
Actually I'm kind of impressed too since Bungie has nothing to do with Halo 4 I'm amazed they even agreed to putting them in.

Shade88

Actually I'm kind of impressed too since Bungie has nothing to do with Halo 4 I'm amazed they even agreed to putting them in.
Bungie didn't have to agree to anything, 343i is in charge of the Halo universe now.

I am thankful for Bungie making the best video game series of all time, but I was kind of annoyed how they seemed to have abandoned Reach after releasing it. I understand they had to move on, but they didn't even acknowledge the problems in the game.

At least 343i is trying to gain the communities' support. And they are succeeding. :thumbsup

The Wook

Master Member
It's the same gameplay from ten years ago with better graphics, reorchastrated soundtrack by Skywalker sound, New terminals that will have hints about some of the things we'll face in Halo 4, skulls to change up some of the gameplay in the campaign.

There is also some kinect functions, such as analyze mode which allows you to learn more about the covenant, weapons, and vehicles, you can also reload or throw a grenade by saying those phrases...

There is also six new multiplayer remakes and one new firefight map for playing in Halo: Reach, five of them from Halo: Combat Evolved, One from Halo: PC, and the Final one is from Halo 2. The firefight map is a reimagined spot from Halo: CE's second level "Halo".

Not bad for $40.00 :love
Gotcha. Guess I'll pass. I played through the CE campaign on all diffuculty levels (minus beginner) so many times, there'd have to be something more than just Terminals and Skulls to make me wanna play it again.

By the same token, I'm glad they didn't add new baddies or weapons or storylines, etc., because the game is a classic and doesn't need to be changed in those ways.

So what's the deal on Halo 4? When's that coming out?

The Wook

clancampbell

Sr Member
Yeah, i'll get it when it's cheap.......the original Halo was why i bought an xbox.....loved it to death apart from that last mission......found that as frustrating as hell......

Rich

Wes R

Legendary Member
I'm usually good at FPS games but Halo always gave me issues and I'm not sure why. Well my friend's copy just shipped. I'm going to get it for sure just not for a while.