Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by Shade88, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Shade88

Shade88 Well-Known Member

Ok, who else is going to be playing one of the best FPS remakes of all time? And to all of you Halo fans: Are you going to play the Campaign first or the Anniversary Multiplayer?

I am so excited!!! :behave Ok I am calm now. :lol

2. Talisen

Talisen Sr Member

I want to get it, but I have 3 games already queued to be played first. Mind you it'll be campaign (and co-op) only. I don't get involved in the Multiplayer stuff.

3. Solo4114

Solo4114 Master Member

I preordered it for myself and a friend of mine who is a HUGE HALO fan. It'll be my first time playing any HALO game for longer than 15 min.

4. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I have it preordered it for my friend as soon as i get some cash I'm getting a copy. I like that they added storyline stuff.

5. Shade88

@Talisen: I agree, while I do play Multiplayer, Halo should always be mainly about the Campaign.

@Solo4114: It'll be worth it, one of the best campaigns of all time. (In my opinion.):)

@Wes R: I know right? The terminals are going to be so fun to find, I am so glad I decided not to look those up on youtube, I need to go in and have a new experience, much like I did when I first played Halo: Combat Evolved for the first time. :D

6. XxN3BUL4xX

XxN3BUL4xX Member

I have mine it has been dispatched for arrival tomorrow

7. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I wasn't that big a halo fan, i mostly follow it because my friend is nuts about it but for 40.00 you can't argue.

8. The Wook

The Wook Master Member

I hadn't heard of this. I LOVED playing CE when it came out years ago. Completed the Campaign (solo) on Normal, Heroic, and Legendary.

What's this "Anniversary" version all about? I'm guessing it's formatted for my 360, but is there anything new about the game? Mainly I'm interested in the Campaign, as I don't play Multiplayer much. And when's it gonna be in stores?

Thanks,

The Wook

9. BoozeBeGood

BoozeBeGood Sr Member

Hey Wook-

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Trailer (E3 2011) - YouTube

I pre-ordered mine when I heard it was releasing. Kinda forgot about it until last week. I've been busy playing Skyrim but I love me some Halo so can't wait to play it tomorrow :) Definitely will go through the Campaign before I go online, same as I always do

10. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I doubt mine will have all the preorder goodies but that's okay as i got the 10.00 discount towards another purchase and my friend gets her Master Chief avatar suit lol

11. The Wook

The Wook Master Member

Thanks, but that didn't mention if there was anything *new* in the Campaign. I don't know what "Completely Remastered" means, but I'm guessing it simply means that the graphics look better.

I'm not gonna bother replaying the game just because it looks better. It looked fine 8 years ago when I played it the first time. But if there's something *new* in there...

...then I'm interested.

Any new baddies? New weapons? New vehicles? New abilities (e.g. running)? New challenges in Campaign offered by new buildings or landscape features? Does Cortana get naked? What enticements are there to replay the Campaign?

The Wook

12. Shade88

It's the same gameplay from ten years ago with better graphics, reorchastrated soundtrack by Skywalker sound, New terminals that will have hints about some of the things we'll face in Halo 4, skulls to change up some of the gameplay in the campaign.

There is also some kinect functions, such as analyze mode which allows you to learn more about the covenant, weapons, and vehicles, you can also reload or throw a grenade by saying those phrases...

There is also six new multiplayer remakes and one new firefight map for playing in Halo: Reach, five of them from Halo: Combat Evolved, One from Halo: PC, and the Final one is from Halo 2. The firefight map is a reimagined spot from Halo: CE's second level "Halo".

Not bad for $40.00 :love

13. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

The terminals isn't really enough of a new storyline to get me hooked, i was hoping for new characters and storyline in the game.

14. Shade88

Well considering the fact they are trying to stay as faithful to the original gameplay/story as possible, I ruled out new characters/story a looooong time ago... So when I found out about terminals, I was actually impressed. :D

15. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

Actually I'm kind of impressed too since Bungie has nothing to do with Halo 4 I'm amazed they even agreed to putting them in.

16. Shade88

Bungie didn't have to agree to anything, 343i is in charge of the Halo universe now.

I am thankful for Bungie making the best video game series of all time, but I was kind of annoyed how they seemed to have abandoned Reach after releasing it. I understand they had to move on, but they didn't even acknowledge the problems in the game.

At least 343i is trying to gain the communities' support. And they are succeeding. :thumbsup

17. The Wook

The Wook Master Member

Gotcha. Guess I'll pass. I played through the CE campaign on all diffuculty levels (minus beginner) so many times, there'd have to be something more than just Terminals and Skulls to make me wanna play it again.

By the same token, I'm glad they didn't add new baddies or weapons or storylines, etc., because the game is a classic and doesn't need to be changed in those ways.

So what's the deal on Halo 4? When's that coming out?

The Wook

18. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I'm sure it'll be down to 20.00 used in a couple of months.

19. clancampbell

clancampbell Sr Member

Yeah, i'll get it when it's cheap.......the original Halo was why i bought an xbox.....loved it to death apart from that last mission......found that as frustrating as hell......

Rich

20. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I'm usually good at FPS games but Halo always gave me issues and I'm not sure why. Well my friend's copy just shipped. I'm going to get it for sure just not for a while.

21. Shade88

@ The Wook: Halo 4 is slated for release Holiday 2012. :)

22. Sigma-LS

Sigma-LS Sr Member

I haven't wanted a Halo game this much since Halo 2 came out.

But I can wait, bide my time.

23. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

EA dropped the ball by not having Mass Effect 3 ready for the Christmas rush. Then again the new Metal gear won't be out until New Years eve.

24. Wakeem

Wakeem Well-Known Member

I love the soundtrack for Halo and picked up the CD. I'm not sure if I'll get the anniversary game. Overall, Halo felt too much like a PC shooter. I still think Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are far better games. Especially with the structure of the difficulty settings. But Halo does have its moments.

25. BoozeBeGood

BoozeBeGood Sr Member

Been playing this today and it is awesome! Great memories being brought back. Very glad I got this. Guess I'll be switching off between this and skyrim

26. Shade88

Same, except substitute skyrim for Assassin's Creed: Revelations. :thumbsup

27. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I've never tried assassin's creed yet. I do have halo on my list.

28. Shade88

AC is a good game, just frustrating at times.

29. BoozeBeGood

BoozeBeGood Sr Member

AC is also on my Christmas list. Thank goodness for that otherwise I'd have Gears 3 online, Halo, Skyrim, COD, and Assassins Creed to play :lol Now I just have to get my Halo fix before Christmas so I can concentrate on the other two titles I will most likely receive

30. Scareb

Scareb Sr Member

I can't justify buying this. I've been a fan of halo since day one, only game I don't own is wars but I'll skip on this.

I mean yeah it's cool. New graphics, online multiplayer, those terminal things, but it's still the same game that I played the hell out of way back in the day.

31. Shade88

And that is your right, I however am loving the HD goodness. :)

32. Solo4114

Solo4114 Master Member

I never played it before, really. Tried the version you could buy from the X-box store online, but it didn't let you play multiplayer unless you were in the same room or on a LAN. I want to play the campaign, co-op, with my buddy without dealing with split-screen.

33. The Terminator

The Terminator Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Most reviews/people forget to mention the game also supports 3DTV's :D
    Hopefully it's not crap like Gears of War 3's 3D.

Can't wait to get my hands on this.

34. BaronVonReicher

BaronVonReicher New Member

After playing a couple of levels, I feel like all they did was update the graphics and sound. The play isn't as smooth as the later games to me, if feels like I'm playing the old Halo. Heck, one press of the "back" button and I am playing the old Halo.

35. The Wook

The Wook Master Member

That's what I was afraid of.

At least it's got the added challenge of needing Health Packs. They never shoulda gotten rid of those. :thumbsdown

The Wook

36. Shade88

Because they didn't want to change the gameplay from the original, it's a remastering of the original, not a remake/new game overall. Think of it as watching Star Trek:TOS with the old special effects, then watching Star Trek: TOS with the new special effects, it's the same thing, it just looks better.

37. BoozeBeGood

BoozeBeGood Sr Member

Geez, I'd think after what Uncle George did to Star Wars, y'all would be used to this by now :lol

38. Shade88

Unlike Star Wars, 343i didn't ruin the original story by adding new dialogue that rewrote the story. :rolleyes

And this is the first remastered game, not the fourth/fifth. :lol

BoozeBeGood likes this.
  39. BoozeBeGood

BoozeBeGood Sr Member

All good points ;) :lol

40. ulto

ulto New Member

Cant wait to get this! This was my childhood!

41. Shade88

Halo 2 was my first Halo game, but this one still holds a special place in my heart.:)

42. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

My friend got hers today and is loving it, especially the extra maps. Turns out the Reach maps read your reach save data.

43. Shade88

Yeah, I found that heature a really nice way to say: "You're time in Halo: Reach was not useless." :behave