HALO 2 Orbital Drop Shock Trooper

Looks great man! Haha! I saw the farm in the background and wondered where you were from. Always good to have a fellow Iowan producing a nice costume! What part of Iowa are you from?

I'm from up near Sioux City, just to the east of the loess hills. Which area are you from?

Finally have a pic of all the parts I have finished together. Few things to do yet, like some padding, and the shins and the bayonet, but this is good enough for this weekend.

A little update. Got enough of the costume done to wear it at Anime Detour last weekend. No one seemed to notice that it wasn't finished, but people kept calling me "Master Chief" when they wanted a picture,:lol At least they knew the armor was from Halo.....

I'm from up near Sioux City, just to the east of the loess hills. Which area are you from?

I was living in Ames and going to ISU, but I recently transferred to UNI. So I'm back in the Cedar Falls area where I have lived most of my life!

I was living in Ames and going to ISU, but I recently transferred to UNI. So I'm back in the Cedar Falls area where I have lived most of my life!

Ah, cool! I graduated from ISU a couple years back.

Thanks for all the comments, guys. If the weather will cooperate, I'm hoping to do a quick photoshoot of this sometime soon... so I have more than one pic of me in the hotel room to show off.

Eeep, double post...

But to make up for it, here's a huge pile-o-pics. Please ignore the missing shins, and the totally incorrect toy M-16....

Even hard-asses who jump out of space ships like kitties.

Back from the depths of the costuming forum, it's my long-neglected ODST build thread!

I've wasted way too much build time these last five months, but I'm nearing the end of this tunnel. (the bright light is scary, I'll need to find another ridiculously involved project soon)

Finished building and 'glassing the legs.

Applied and sanded the bondo.

Got the details that need to be layered on sketched out on the leg.

Got an expensive package from Smooth-On.

And covered the helm in pink goo.

Soon, (remember, at my build speed I can just barely outrun a glacier) I'll have those shins finished, and the helm back out of the pink goo.

I'm actually trying to finish this up this week. I have to be ready to drop on 9-22-09.:love

Last edited:
The weather last weekend was nice, so my fiancé and I were able to get out to a local prairie remnant to take some photos.

These are all taken in Five Ridge Prairie, in the Loess Hills of north-west Iowa. My summer job back in college was taking care of places like this, I miss that job.... :cry

And now, Pic dump!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back