HalloweenCostumes.com "Back to the Future 2 Light Up Shoes"

So what is happening here is that yellowing occurs right through the cross section, not just on the surface. This is kind of like comparing the electrolysis that effects aluminium to surface rust on steel.

Howdy all! Sorry to ask a question that's probably already been asked, but what is the best glue for sticking on the Nike mag letters to the HC shoe?! Most likely be a daily pair so don't want them coming off!!

Just use a cheap liquid superglue. Your letters won't fall off. Mine (I made myself, not the MP kit) have been glued with the exact glue and were put on later 2014,. so about a year ago now.

me too. i sent a complaint to angelus about the product and their respones basically implies the sole yellowing is my fault even before i explained the steps i took and how i used it.

Damn that sucks. I was really hoping you had found a better product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

me too. i sent a complaint to angelus about the product and their respones basically implies the sole yellowing is my fault even before i explained the steps i took and how i used it.

Typical. I just find it interesting how it changed the colour of the mid-sole. I am not surprised that the clears have returned back to yellow.

Hey all, one of my shoes doesn't light up unless plugged in to the charger. I've already opened up the insole to get to the electronics, so I can't return/exchange them (plus I bought them a while ago). I don't have the skill to replace the electronics, so I was thinking of just buying a portable usb charger and plugging it in to the charging port while wearing them. Does anyone know if any charger will work? I don't want to blow up my shoes..

EDIT: The lowest amp portable charger I've found is 1800 mA. Would that blow up the shoe?
The battery in the shoe says "200 mAh" on it
My computer has USB3 ports, which output "Up to 900 mA (milliamps) at 5 V (Volts)"

Last edited:
Rubber letters and swoosh are done. Mark is sending me the wiring diagram and then I'll start the strap mod. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442789977.673375.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey all, one of my shoes doesn't light up unless plugged in to the charger. I've already opened up the insole to get to the electronics, so I can't return/exchange them (plus I bought them a while ago). I don't have the skill to replace the electronics, so I was thinking of just buying a portable usb charger and plugging it in to the charging port while wearing them. Does anyone know if any charger will work? I don't want to blow up my shoes..

EDIT: The lowest amp portable charger I've found is 1800 mA. Would that blow up the shoe?
The battery in the shoe says "200 mAh" on it
My computer has USB3 ports, which output "Up to 900 mA (milliamps) at 5 V (Volts)"

Update: I found one that's 5 volts, 1 amp, which is close to the 5 volts, 900 mA from my computer's USB. It's used to charge phones, so hopefully it'll last a long time with these small LEDs.

Hey guys. I'm kind of a noob with the mags. I picked up a pair on eBay with broken lights for 40$ (HC) and I got the right side shoe to work by spamming the on button. But they won't charge. Any ideas on a fix?

Hey guys. I'm kind of a noob with the mags. I picked up a pair on eBay with broken lights for 40$ (HC) and I got the right side shoe to work by spamming the on button. But they won't charge. Any ideas on a fix?

Yep, tear it down and replace everything.

i used a portable charger and it doesn't stay on very long has to have a constant power source I am thinking of using a usb cord into a 9volt battery and see if that works

Last edited:
i used a portable charger and it doesn't stay on very long has to have a constant power source I am thing of using a usb cord into a 9volt battery and see if that works

What is the capacity of your portable charger?
How long is "not very long"?
And is this one shoe or both shoes connected to the battery pack?

Yeah. Problem is the stock cord is only long enough to get down the pant legs so you gotta get a male-to-female extension to get it to wherever you keep the battery pack.

Well, I'm 5'4". So the factory cords will go down the pant legs with an inseam of about 28-30 inches. And have enough slack so there isn't any tension problems. The top of the factory cord sits at groin-level, so thats when the extension cord is utilized.

The cords don't catch on anything. I set the strap on the velcro in such a way that the buckle is is suspended off the rear of the shoe about half inch. Just enough space so the plugs aren't mashed. And you can tuck the plugs and some cord-slack between the shoe and the buckle so it acts like a shield.

And if you remember me mentioning tight-rolls. The rolls tension keeps the charging cord pinned to the inner side of the ankle where the charging plug is.

Actually, I should just post a tutorial or something.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back