HalloweenCostumes.com “Back to the Future Hoverboard”

I working on my hoverboard right now and the lenticular is seriously so tedious to cut and apply. How long did it take ya'll to finish this step?

I working on my hoverboard right now and the lenticular is seriously so tedious to cut and apply. How long did it take ya'll to finish this step?

I used a template to help me cut the lenticular the exact shape I wanted.
That's not easy, for sure... I cut myself with the exacto knife while doing it!

Are these accurately sized and shaped? Thinking of using one as a base to build one from.

They're close. The width seems good, and the length feels sliiightly too short. I think 28.5" is the perfect length and this one is 28". Might not seem like much, but it makes a difference. For all intents and purposes though it works. Also, the graphics should extend slightly past the ridge that's on the plastic. The one big difference seems to be the placement of the footpad. On the Halloween Costumes HB, it looks about half an inch too far forward. If you really wanted to move it, it might be best to just fill in that area and place a foam footpad on top in the correct place unless you plan on welding plastic together to move the hole. Probably not worth the trouble though. I'm debating about doing it with my board now.

Was there a screen used wooden board with lenticular and handlebar hole (and without wheels)? This was the style I was planning on replicating but I can't find evidence of such a board!

Hey guys any tips on how to replace the foot strap with the furry pink one? I already have the pink furry strip just need some advice on how to apply it.

Hey guys any tips on how to replace the foot strap with the furry pink one? I already have the pink furry strip just need some advice on how to apply it.

If you don't want to disassemble the board, you should sew the pink fur on the old strap. Maybe shorten the old strap before by cutting it in the middle and join it back.

Thought i would post some pics of my board after applying the Vormz Upgrade kits to it.

Looks soooo much better now, as screen accurate as I think I'm going to get it.

Are there any other mods I could do?(aside from the lenticular/main decal)

Just need to come up with a cool way of displaying it now along with my mags, hat , etc

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447437236.027553.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1447437248.236856.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1447437257.694911.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1447437271.379326.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great! Here's mine, used Vormz kit, Sommer's lenticular-which was a huge pain cutting and getting it to stick down on the board! Overall i'm pretty happy with it! Also put silver tape along the sides which I think looks pretty cool.:D

Last edited:
Looks great! Here's mine, used Vormz kit, Sommer's lenticular-which was a huge pain cutting and getting it to stick down on the board! Overall i'm pretty happy with it! Also put silver tape along the sides which I think looks pretty cool.:D
Thanks!

Pics don't seem to show up. Can you try again, wanna see!!

Thanks!

Sure, let me give it another try!
IMG_0382.jpgIMG_0386.jpgIMG_0390.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!

IMG_0382.jpgIMG_0386.jpgIMG_0390.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Bah, sorry for the double post! At least the pics appear to be showing up:rolleyes

I'm hoping Vormz has those battery packs back soon...

My plan is to put lenticular on the top and bottom - one giant sheet per side - then stick the bits on top (obviously with a hole for the foot plate). But I'm in two minds about the bottom side. Should I bother putting lenticular there?

Also, do you think the darker green stripes on the bottom should be dark green or should they be Velcro in the same colour as on top? I just think that the darker colour and less detail was purely due to the film's need not to have a high quality finish on the bottom (less screen time). In other words:

If the 2015 reality in BTTF2 was real, would the Hover Board have lenticular on the top and bottom? Would the stripes be the same colour and material on the top and bottom? Any thoughts?

masshysteria your board totally rocks!
gbrandwood if you go with lenticular, you should do top and bottom and about the stripes I would do a screen accurate thing but you're free to do your own or your vision of the hoverboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 555063View attachment 555065View attachment 555066

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 555063View attachment 555065View attachment 555066

- - - Updated - - -

Bah, sorry for the double post! At least the pics appear to be showing up:rolleyes

Wow, that HB Looks amazing! Love the lenticular decals. And the silver tape definitely sets it off. I might do that myself.

Also debating the Velcro on the top, but need to get the right width and colour.

@masshysteria your board totally rocks!
@gbrandwood if you go with lenticular, you should do top and bottom and about the stripes I would do a screen accurate thing but you're free to do your own or your vision of the hoverboard.

Thanks Vormz, excited to see yours with the sommers lenticular on it!:D

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, that HB Looks amazing! Love the lenticular decals. And the silver tape definitely sets it off. I might do that myself.

Also debating the Velcro on the top, but need to get the right width and colour.

Thanks, much appreciated! Definitely go with the silver tape on the sides, it holds well and I think looks great! I wanted to do lenticular on the sides, but it became to difficult. Here's a link to what I used, really cheap too!

http://www.amazon.com/TapeCase-Meta...F8&qid=1447626441&sr=8-1&keywords=silver+tape

25mm width luminous green velcro should make your board even better!

Thanks Vormz, excited to see yours with the sommers lenticular on it!:D

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, much appreciated! Definitely go with the silver tape on the sides, it holds well and I think looks great! I wanted to do lenticular on the sides, but it became to difficult. Here's a link to what I used, really cheap too!

http://www.amazon.com/TapeCase-Meta...F8&qid=1447626441&sr=8-1&keywords=silver+tape

Thanks, found one on eBay in the uk which looks pretty much the same

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447627429.815767.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447627429.815767.jpg

25mm width luminous green velcro should make your board even better!
Thanks, I've had a look and the fluorescent greens look different each one i see.

Also, not sure how much I would need (and to do top and bottom of board or just top)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447635814.117752.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1447635946.464694.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447636138.197844.jpg

Thanks, I've had a look and the fluorescent greens look different each one i see.

Also, not sure how much I would need (and to do top and bottom of board or just top)
View attachment 555386View attachment 555387
View attachment 555388

The color of the last one is the best but it's 20mm width which is too thin, you need 25mm to cover the existing green stripes.
You should check ebay seller ladesigner2012, they have really good prices and I always purchase from them.
1 yard hook is enough for the top of the board, but if you want to do the bottom too, buy 2 yards.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back