Halloween H20 KNB original mask needs repaint/rehair questions

H20Fan

Hey guys, I'm in need some advice for re-painting/ re-hairing my latex mask.

I've been searching through and reading some of the posts, but I thought it would be easier for me to reach out myself and ask the questions I need answers to.

Years ago I managed to get my hands on a Halloween H20 KNB mask pulled from the original film used mold. This is pretty rare and dated (1998).
Over the years, it's deteriorated extremely in colour, and it's become a mess (pic below is before it got worse).
I want to revive it and get it to look as close to the screen used mask as possible, which isn't too hard as it's mainly just white paint.

I have an airbrush machine, bought some white and brown acrylic paint and the camel hair.
I've never airbrushed or painted a mask before so could really use a few pointers...

I've been reading that doing a 50/50 of white acrylic paint and Pros Aide (following the PAX DIY guidelines) thinned out with some distilled water would do the trick;
  1. Is this route safe for the latex? Can it cause cracking?
  2. Does the Pros Aide need to be used on my second layer? I've heard that it can be sticky? I don't know if doing a second layer with just acrylic and water is a good idea? And if i do use Pros Aide acrylic mix on the second layer, how can i reduce the stickiness after it's dried?
  3. How would i clean my airbrush machine after?
I did read somewhere else that someone mixed liquid latex and acrylic paint - 30%paint %70 latex for a stronger bond.
Would this be better than the Pros Aide and acrylic mix? Just wanted to know which was the better route for the mask and airbrush machine.

And my last question is for sticking on hair, I've seen multiple sources use the following - Liquid Latex? Rubber Cement? or Tack (PVA) glue? E-6000? Glue gun for the hairline. There are so many and I still haven't figured out which is best and safest?

Sorry if some of these questions are a little dim, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

DSC_0215 copy.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back