Halloween Ends (Discussion Thread)

I think the “can’t let it end”, means they left it open when Laurie types the line “I killed my boogeyman, but evil never dies… it just changes shape.” And there is a reason they used to call Michael Myers, “the shape” in the credits.

If you don’t think a studio would use something simple, as that line, as a springboard to carry something on, then you haven’t watched enough franchise horror films. :lol:

Think back to a dead Jason Vorhees, and during his autopsy, the coroner is overcome with evil and eats Jason’s heart, and becomes the new incarnation of Jason. If they choose to carry on, they will find some stupid solution like that, to have the new shape take form.
At this point they would have to make a Michael smoothie.

At this point they would have to make a Michael smoothie.
I wouldn’t put it past Hollywood. :lol:

I could see them going through route of something like Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers, where they explored the supernatural elements of Michael Myers, with backstories of rituals. So they could easily have someone perform a ritual, and Michael’s evil spirit takes a new shape, by inhabiting in a new body. Again… I wouldn’t put it past Hollywood.

I could see them going through route of something like Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers, where they explored the supernatural elements of Michael Myers, with backstories of rituals. So they could easily have someone perform a ritual, and Michael’s evil spirit takes a new shape, by inhabiting in a new body. Again… I wouldn’t put it past Hollywood.
Or he could become a Transhumanist and hang out with Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg in the film ?

I'll agree with the 7/10. I thought we were going with the old troupe of a new person taking on the mantel to make more movies (money). But that wasn't the case and I really enjoyed this movie more than I expected to. It was a fitting end. I look forward to the next Halloween reboot. I just hope they keep The Shape character but take the story in a direction we haven't seen before.

1666042192985.png

I'll agree with the 7/10. I thought we were going with the old troupe of a new person taking on the mantel to make more movies (money). But that wasn't the case and I really enjoyed this movie more than I expected to. It was a fitting end. I look forward to the next Halloween reboot. I just hope they keep The Shape character but take the story in a direction we haven't seen before.

View attachment 1628216
If it’s anything like jeepers creepers let it die

Some of what they borrowed for that film was taken from the original novelization of Halloween, which the author was trying to give an explanation behind Michael. You can read the original novelization here (as it is rare to find in actual print): Halloween (Novelization 1978) : Richards, Curtis : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Just saw it on disc. A train wreck! Boring as hell and dumb as you know what. It felt like a generic slasher film that was slightly tweaked to be a Halloween film. Honestly, after the last one I wasn't expecting much but got even less. How did this even get made? Oy!

I don't know how the original started a "franchise", it was scary when I was 8 or 10 but it doesn't hold up for me as a story.
I think it's just the shatner mask and nostalgia keeping this going.

I don't know how the original started a "franchise", it was scary when I was 8 or 10 but it doesn't hold up for me as a story.
I think it's just the shatner mask and nostalgia keeping this going.
Well, it went like this: John Carpenter wanted to do a horror anthology, but Universal wanted something to compete with Friday the 13th movies, and insisted Carpenter bring back Michael Myers. So Carpenter wrote a script on a six pack of Budweiser, went off and did The Thing, and then Universal demanded he come back to write a couple more scenes because they wanted the movie to be gorier.

Turns out money is a good motivator.

Well, it went like this: John Carpenter wanted to do a horror anthology, but Universal wanted something to compete with Friday the 13th movies, and insisted Carpenter bring back Michael Myers. So Carpenter wrote a script on a six pack of Budweiser, went off and did The Thing, and then Universal demanded he come back to write a couple more scenes because they wanted the movie to be gorier.

Turns out money is a good motivator.
They wanted him to direct the sequel and he wanted nothing to do with it but they threw to much money at him so he “Sold Out” and wrote the script.

The Fog and Escape From New York were his next films

Saw Ends at the theater and have never wanted to walk out of a movie more than this one.

I got a chuckle out of Michael Myers having a pal though

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back