halloween costumes nike air mag changing electrics

mattdarlington

Hi
New to the page, but have been reading it often to get help.

I got a pair of halloween costumes bbtf shoes and having problems with the electronics. I have contacted them but say as I have had them some time they can't replace, so having to look at a bit of DIY repair. Half the lights don't work. I have got to the main electronics under the cardboard sole and can see some of the cables are broken. Its really hard to get to them and can just see what I need to do.
Just need some help how to repair the wires in the shoes. Has any one got any photos that may help show how they got them apart.

Many thanks
Matt

Hi Matt,

If you need to pull these apart to access the wiring , you might as well do the toe slim at the same time. I found the easiest way to get these shoes apart is to start at the heel cup and work forward. They are glued really well at the toe, but the heel will come away with not much effort. Once you get the heel up, you can continue to heat under the upper and it peels off the mid-sole. Attacking these from the toe is much harder work.

attachment.php

Even if you don't remove the entire upper, once you get the heel up, you will have access to all the electronics. And don't destroy that pink card board unless you intend to replace it with something else.

Attachments

• 20150507_111523.jpg
    20150507_111523.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 1,705
Thanks for that, looks like a big job. What do you use to put them back togeather?
I did do a heat job to the toe that came out well. Here's a photo before the lights died

image.jpeg

Was so happy with them, I know there not perfect, but to wear them was great. I was wearing them at London comic con when the lights decided to die, worst time for it to happen

Last edited:
Yeah it is a bit of work, but I think well worth in the end.

attachment.php
Steam Vs a "sock toe" using my fold method. I do NOT cut the excess fabric off. It is folded and glued underneath.

I have not fixed them to the soles yet because I am in the process of modding the soles and I will probably mold and cast them once I am done.

Shoe Goo is probably the best stuff to use as it is made for shoes. You can use superglue, but you need to be careful not to get it on the grey fabric or it leaves a dark stain.

Attachments

• 20150507_121629.jpg
    20150507_121629.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 1,276
Thanks for that,have to wait for a day when I am completely free to do that.
I did get a reply from halloween costume offering me a voucher for half the price of the shoes, so may use it to get the jacket as a base to work on.

- - - Updated - - -

Also cavx I spotted in your photo you have the bag, is that some thing you have made?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that,have to wait for a day when I am completely free to do that.
I did get a reply from halloween costume offering me a voucher for half the price of the shoes, so may use it to get the jacket as a base to work on.

Good idea as it takes a few hours to pull them completely apart, mod and get them back together.

Also cavx I spotted in your photo you have the bag, is that some thing you have made?

Yes I did.

attachment.php

It was my first scratch built project when I came to these forums. My version 2 will be even better as soon as I finalize my (female tooled) vacuum form.

The HC jacket is a pretty decent base as the bellows on the sleeves actually contract and expand. And for the price, you really can't go wrong. I probably should go that route myself given 2015 will be well and truly over before I sort my rubber bellow molds out (at the rate I am going anyway).

I have the vest portion mastered.

attachment.jpg

Really proud of that achievement.

attachment.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jackets should be in stock, July 3rd. Gonna get one myself.

I'm actually going to a convention tomorrow in my unmodded HC stuff. Wish I had the jacket though.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back