.'. Halloween Block Party 2009 & (2010 page 2)

SithLord66

.'. First I would like to thank everyone here that helped in the making of my suit (The Hunters Lair ROCKS!). So I went to my towns 22nd annual Halloween Block Party for the revealing of my suit. Let me tell you I had a ball of a good time. :D There where thousands of people there and I couldn't go a few feet without hearing "Can I take a picture with you?", "WOW!", "Awesome!", "That's so Cool!" B) , "Where did you get that?" and "how much did that cost?" I loved every minute of it, kinda felt like a movie star with people surrounding me snapping photos, it was great. :rolleyes: I musta took hundreds of pictures with people, had a TV interview too (my helper did the talking I told him before hand to make sure to tell about The Hunters Lair.com) also had two newspapers take pics. I let anyone that wanted take there photo with me except one person that yanked on my dreads from behind I turned around and said a big NO. There where some crazy's out too, women can say the craziest of things (can't comment here gotta keep it clean ;) ) I was laughing inside the mask :lol: . My suit all came together with me working right up till the last minute literally (pulled another all nighter o_O ). I decided to also include the sound system I got a few days before too. I whipped me up a pouch to carry the speaker and sound board with batteries in to my belt. It was a last minute cool extra that people liked. With that and my cannon and bomb gauntlet it really made me stand out. Not that I didn't already with the feet and mask I was around 7 feet tall. I made a few kids cry :cry: (sorry :D ) I stayed in costume for over 4 hours I know and loved every minute of it. I think the best part of the night was when my daughter showed up after her practice. To see the look in her eyes and the grin on her face made me swell with pride. She had know idea that people would react the way they did to the Predator. She did all the picture taking for me too.Anyway here are some photo's from the 2009 Halloween Block Party. .'.
BlockPartyHalloween2009pp.jpg

Block_Party_Halloween_2009_mm.jpg

Block_Party_Halloween_2009_v.jpg

Block_Party_Halloween_2009_y.jpg

Block_Party_Halloween_2009_s.jpg

Block_Party_Halloween_2009_r.jpg

Block_Party_Halloween_2009_p.jpg

Block_Party_Halloween_2009_j.jpg

Block_Party_Halloween_2009_kk.jpg

Block_Party_Halloween_2009_g.jpg

Block_Party_Halloween_2009_k.jpg

Block_Party_Halloween_2009_cc.jpg

Block_Party_Halloween_2009_h.jpg

PA310273.JPG

PA310271.JPG

PA310266.JPG

Block_Party_Halloween_2009_i.jpg

Block_Party_Halloween_2009_x.jpg

PA310237.JPG

Block_Party_Halloween_2009_n.jpg

Block_Party_Halloween_2009_bb.jpg

Block_Party_Halloween_2009_gg.jpg

Block_Party_Halloween_2009_b.jpg

Block_Party_Halloween_2009_ll.jpg

Block_Party_Halloween_2009_oo.jpg

Block_Party_Halloween_2009_dd.jpg

Block_Party_Halloween_2009.jpg

Block_Party_Halloween_2009_q.jpg

PA310205.JPG

BlockPartyHalloween2009pp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like all the effort paid off and glad you got through the nigbt with just the one yanking.
I can see why some of the kids cried, you're one ugly mother ....
Great to feel famous for a day.

Looks like all the effort paid off and glad you got through the nigbt with just the one yanking.
I can see why some of the kids cried, you're one ugly mother ....
Great to feel famous for a day.
Thanks. Yea I expected more yankings but I had 3 helpers with me and I told them to make sure to watch out for that and they did. Couldnt have had a smooth of a night without there help. I took them out to eat later that night to thank them. Yea I was famous for a day it was pretty cool. .'.

Forgot to mention that the costume also attracts scantily clad women, unfortunately inside the suit you can't do anything about it. :D

Forgot to mention that the costume also attracts scantily clad women, unfortunately inside the suit you can't do anything about it.
:D Well good thing they didnt bring out the Predator in me then huh :rolleyes: ? o_O .'.

That's awesome man. Great job on the suit, that looked like a hell of a lot of fun. Gonna do my first Predator halloween suit next year. My boy was born on Oct 29th so had to skip Halloween this year :D

That's awesome man. Great job on the suit, that looked like a hell of a lot of fun. Gonna do my first Predator halloween suit next year. My boy was born on Oct 29th so had to skip Halloween this year :D
Thanks, yea I had a lot of fun that night. I had worked very hard to finish my suit and put in lots of late nights getting it together. Cograts on the birth of your son. o_O Next year you can take him out for his first hunt too. .'.

Awesome man, just awesome! Its inspiring to see you in your suit, makes me regret not being a Pred this year.
Was it chilly out there? Any heat problems in your suit? Must be worth the heat from the pics o_O

p/s PM me the comments of what the women said :D

Awesome man, just awesome! Its inspiring to see you in your suit, makes me regret not being a Pred this year.
Was it chilly out there? Any heat problems in your suit? Must be worth the heat from the pics o_O

p/s PM me the comments of what the women said :D
Hey Mike, The temp was great it was around 55 I was really comfortable. My hands got a little cold but nothing to complain about. Around toward the end of the night my feet started to ach and my neck started feeling stiff. Nothing a soak in the hot tub couldn't fix,lol. ok I'll pm you and tell you what they said. Its just weird what turns someone on. lol .'.

very sweet indeed! Fantastic job on the suit...and the arm is pretty dang sweet too!!!!! :lol:
Thanks Keith. Yea that arm is sweet too, I wonder who made that for me? lol It went great with my cannon too. I just drilled 2 holes through the arm base into the back pack and attached it with two 5inch bolts with hot glue for added backup support. Then attatched the servo from the cannon also with smaller bolts and glue also. The cannon got alot of ewws and awws too. People couldn't figure out how it was moving on its own. The led's I installed really got alot of attention too. I couldn't have done it without your AVP arm. It just wouldn't have looked real had I used something else, thanks again Keith. .'.

MZ congrats on the suit. looks like you had a blast.

and the suit looks really good on you

AM
Thanks Andrew I feel like a real Predator in it too. The skin feels like it was made for me too, doesnt buckle either. Very good fit. I just need to add some velcro to the top inside of the neck ring so the neck doesnt slip out and add some more black face paint above the eye. But for the first time out it went pretty well. Theres always room for improvement I say. Im hard on myself. I dont want to let the Lair down. .'.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back