Halloween attractions

Darkindestod

So is anyone currently, or previously been, part of a halloween attraction with their Predator costume? Depending on the participation level, I would imagine it would be pretty hard on the costume and the person in it.

Since these "haunted houses" pop up all over where I'm at I was considering talking to an owner or two and seeing if they would want someone with a legit costume to be a part of their production....but I'd almost want them to create a portion of the walkthrough where the Predator is the focus instead of having them throw you at the morons standing in line.

It wouldn't be for the money either (it doesn't hurt) but rather for the exposure. Then again, if you were a bigger part of the show you'd probably have to be in costume on average three nights a week for about 5-6 hours each night. That would be brutal.

I have done a few and no matter what costume you use here are a few pointers

1. Never touch anyone!
2. Always stay at least an arms length or more from them ( from personal experience you do not want someone who you just scared to be able to hit you. my first time I went to a haunted house I broke a firemans nose when he came around the corner and scared me. I was 12 at the time.)
3. People will try and rush trough the haunt so be prepared to have the timing thrown off.
4. never break character, the second you do is when number 3 will happen! LOL

I have done a few and no matter what costume you use here are a few pointers

1. Never touch anyone!
2. Always stay at least an arms length or more from them ( from personal experience you do not want someone who you just scared to be able to hit you. my first time I went to a haunted house I broke a firemans nose when he came around the corner and scared me. I was 12 at the time.)
3. People will try and rush trough the haunt so be prepared to have the timing thrown off.
4. never break character, the second you do is when number 3 will happen! LOL

You know, as simple advice as you gave, it's amazing how many people don't think about this stuff going into it. Obviously, I've never done it, but I've been enamoured with it long enough that I pay close attention to know at least this much. Still, it's something I'd like to do at least once and I appreciate the tips. :D

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back