Halloween 2014: Friday The 13th Part 6 Jason Lives Costume

skull splitt3r

Hey guys whats going on. This is my first thread on this site and would love it if you would show some support. Now to get back on topic, as you may know by the title of this thread I have decided to create a Jason Lives Jason Voorhees costume for Halloween. I have already gotten most of the materials for the costume already but with less and less days till Halloween the costume won't be movie accurate like Sirbrad's. I will post pictures of the items soon! Lets get started!

OK I took pictures or the clothes and acessories so far. Here you go! The Hoodie is there to bulk me up like Jason Voorhees, if i don't use it the shirt is WAY to big.
IMG_20141017_213237_908.jpgIMG_20141017_212858_899.jpgIMG_20141017_212911_056.jpgIMG_20141017_212749_635.jpgIMG_20141017_213031_777.jpgIMG_20141017_213129_924.jpgIMG_20141017_213154_732.jpgIMG_20141017_213310_519.jpgIMG_20141017_213354_692.jpgIMG_20141017_213423_253.jpgIMG_20141017_213448_972.jpgIMG_20141017_213503_645.jpg

Last edited:
Also if you guys would like to know what the shirt and pants are I will put links to them here.
Ok, starting of with the shirt, I got a Large Tall Eddie Bauer Departure Long Sleeve Shirt http://www.eddiebauer.com/product/d...ToCat=Shirts&previousPage=&tab=men&dcolor=707
But I only payed $4.00 for it at Goodwill.
And Now the Pants, which I also got at Goodwill, they are Dockers Slim Fit Khaki Pants http://us.dockers.com/product/index...62313&sr=1&origkw=khaki&parentPage=family&ab=
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
And thats it as far a clothes go. I'll be back to post more.:)

I'm using the hoodie to bulk myself up to voorhees standards. Because my chest needs to be filled out more.:)

Ah ok that makes sense. That is going to get hot fast. I know I bake in my Jason costume and I only wear a t-shirt under the green shirt.

Are you going with a full-face undermask, a "hood" style or something else?

Sorry for the late reply, but yes I will go for a full undermask style because I like the part 6 hood as a whole and don't like how for the hood you chop up a perfectly awesome looking mask, but thats my opinion. I will get one possibly after Halloween but not now due to money restrictions. I was planning on buying a "Wormfood" mask by http://darksidestudio.com. The mask looks awesome in my opinion and is only $90.50, that's a steal. Please check it out and tell me what you think of it, they also have masks from all movies from part 2-X. I also forgot for now I'm using a winter mask (the gray hood looking thing in the pictures). In other news i will be ordering the Hockey mask from Amazon and the ammo pouch for his throwing darts which is also on Amazon. I also may take up making a part 7 Hockey mask which also is coming from Amazon. Here are a few links. I will customize the masks as well as the Survival Knife handle.

Wormfood Undermask- http://www.darksidestudio.com/

Hockey Mask Part 6 - http://www.amazon.com/Renineic-Frid...m_sbs_a_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0QGQEP9E2ZTCHT6A576K

Part 7 Hockey Mask- http://www.amazon.com/Renineic-Frid...413767883&sr=8-1&keywords=jason+voorhees+mask

Ammo Pouch- http://www.amazon.com/Generic-Thomp...-4&keywords=WWII+Thompson+3+Cell+canvas+pouch

New Belt- http://www.amazon.com/Large-Issue-S...850149&sr=8-3&keywords=U.S.+ARMY+Utility+belt

15 inch Survival Knife- http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Jungle..._sbs_sg_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=0CPP297A9AWP9R4T77ZX

Check them all out tell me what you think of them. Thanks guys I'll be back with more updates.

I actually like the part 6 mask(the one on the left) from darkside better than the wormfood, but that is just me. Also keep in mind that while you aren't wrong about the benefits of a full mask vs a hood, the hockey mask covers 90% of the face so all that cool detail no one will see. Even in the movie most of the time they used a hood. Plus wearing a hood is WAY more comfortable. But if you plan to take off the hockey at all then the full face mask makes sense.
As for the hockey...I am not a fan of the amazon mask. It just doesn't have the detail that most of the fan made masks do. Also the part 6 mask has the ax mark in the forehead and different triangles. If you have a little bit of time and a little bit of skill you could paint one your self.
http://jdfstudios.com/shop/hockey-mask-kits/part-6-hockey-mask-kit/
His kits are cast off original screen used masks and have accurate straps etc. Painting the mask is pretty easy and can be done with simple acrylic paints you can get from any hobby or fabric store for less than a dollar. There are tons of tutorials on youtube that show how to paint one, I even have step by step photos of how I painted mine on my facebook using that exact kit.

- - - Updated - - -

Also if you want a neat tip I just found, if you want to make those gross looking stab wounds he has in his chest and make them look wet all the time without actually being wet I found that some clear silicon caulk applied very thin with your hands (wear gloves) will do the trick and stay flexible. Something like this http://www.homedepot.com/p/Swan-Silicone-Caulk-in-Clear-SI01003-000/202508859

Thanks for the feedback. I actually decided for the time being I would try and recreate the part 6 mask but as a hood with liquid latex. As for the hockey mask I got one for $13.99 from jasonmasks on Ebay, it will be here on saturday or later, I bought a plain white version that looks pretty movie accurate, it's pure white with no decals so I can paint the forehead chevron and the mask along with cutting the axe cut into the mask. As I said before due to loss of time and other reasons I will be making a clean version of his costume without the stab wounds and all of the dirt he has when he gets out of the grave.

Here's a pic of the mask I bought. From what I have seen he makes some pretty good masks, and they're durable too. Thanks for replying Predator.
$(KGrHqIOKjQE4nEyLNROBOR0wQBfIw~~0_12.JPG

Yea that looks like a much better base then that Amazon mask. I think you will be much happier with that. The only thing that isn't super accurate are the snaps on the lower part, on the part 6 mask they are just rivets. The part 3-5 masks all have snaps but in 6 they switch to silver rivets. It would be an easy switch if you wanted to do it but isn't a deal breaker. You might even be able to contact the guy you got that mask from and ask him if he can do it for you since he makes all the types. It would be less work on his end to do rivets rather than the snaps. And someday you may want to swap to leather straps.

Not to be a stickler for details but if not here at the RPF then where but he gets those stab wounds while he is still in the grave. Remember Tommy stabs him with the fence post a bunch of times and then leaves the fence post sticking out of his chest which then gets struck by lighting. He gets more damage as the movie goes on, things like the paintball splat, the shotgun blast, the bullet wounds etc, but the 4-6 stab wounds on his chest are there the moment he gets out of the grave.

Here is a pic of CJ Graham in costume (minus the hockey clearly) before he gets shot with the paintball splat and you can kind of see the spots on his chest.
part6_graham_BTS2.jpg
(link) http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-jhJBun0p1zA/TybZfyDRPEI/AAAAAAAADRg/KIVmzXO8rxk/s640/part6_graham_BTS2.jpg

And this is the same damage in the daylight right as he gets shot with the paintball, if you remember the movie up to this point nothing has happened to him except he got out of the grave and killed Tommy's friend and that guy with the machete and his friends. So again all the damage is done by Tommy in the grave.
Friday_6_paintball.jpg
(link) http://www.craveonline.com/images/s...ilm/The Series Project/Friday_6_paintball.jpg

That being said they are quick and easy to do, just take something sharp and poke a hole through the shirt and fray it up a bit. I used a serrated knife to do mine, and then like I said I took some silicon caulk in clear and very thinly put it on there to make it look wet. But you could always just put paint on it to look gross. You can use the same serrated knife to rough up the edges of the seams etc to weather the shirt so it doesn't just look like a brand new shirt covered in dirt.

I know what your saying about the wounds I meant to say while he was still in the grave right before tommy stabs him in the chest with the spike. I will go for details after halloween because of pay day is after. Afterwards I will put the wounds along with the paintball, but since money is way too tight right now I will have to go as is but with a customized mask. Quick question, couldn't I just sand down the snaps until it has a rounded top and edge? Thanks for the advice , I will get the rest of the details on Nov.1st. I will post pics of me customizing the mask.

I don't think you could sand them down, the snaps are about 2 times as big around as the rivets are. Also as you sand it, it will likely heat up and melt the plastic around it. Your best bet is to take a drill and drill out the center of the snap and replace it with a rivet. Will take all of 2 mintues. Just go slow use a bit meant for metal and it will be done before you know it. If you don't have the time/money you can always do it after you paint your mask, you will just have to touch up the paint around where the snap was. You want to put the rivets in after you paint it though as they are silver on the mask.

1414796150115.jpg

Here you go guys a pic of the finished costume. Like I said there will be improvements in the future but for now this is is. I will post more when I have time. I will keep this thread open and I will add more to the costume when I can. Stay tuned for more. Also tell me what you think.:)

Hey guys its been a while since I last updated this thread. To start off remember how I said I was going to work on an under mask? I actually went and attempted one with cheap latex caulking and a little acrylic paint added in. I will post pictures of the materials used. Also I didn't take any progress pictures while I was doing this. I'll be back with more.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Here are a few attached photos of some of the materials that I ended up using on the hockey mask and under mask. The under mask isn't permanent, but it will do for now.

How I made the under mask was I took a Walmart bag, cut breathing holes in, then I took scotch tape and reinforced areas and morphed them to my head as good as possible, then I used modge podge wixed with water and sprayed it on my head. When that was done I cut a slit on the back of the neck to the bottom of the skull. When that was all done I filled it with a few shirts and mixed up some caulking and a little bit of paint and when I thought the color was right I proceeded to paint. I reinforced some areas with paper towels to get it as smooth as possible. Once the caulking dried I then took some more paint and made some of the black wrinkles on the mask and added the axe mark and machete mark by outlining them with a thin layer of caulking, let them dry then painted them with paint when they were dry. Afterwards I painted the part of the skull that was exposed on the back and painted the dried blood in the cut marks.

I also added a pair of boots that I am currently using.

If you have any questions or remarks towards yhis , don't hesitate to post a reply.

Now next up on the list is a Jason Takes Manhattan Costume. Hopefully I will have a thread up on that soon. And remember, Reply. I love seeing what people have to say good or bad. Thanks for viewing.

uploadfromtaptalk1417920560392.jpguploadfromtaptalk1417920560392.jpguploadfromtaptalk1417920560392.jpguploadfromtaptalk1417920560392.jpguploadfromtaptalk1417920560392.jpguploadfromtaptalk1417920560392.jpguploadfromtaptalk1417920560392.jpguploadfromtaptalk1417920560392.jpguploadfromtaptalk1417920560392.jpguploadfromtaptalk1417920560392.jpg

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417920603439.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417920603439.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 192
  • uploadfromtaptalk1417920649345.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417920649345.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 165
  • uploadfromtaptalk1417920782324.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417920782324.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 204
  • uploadfromtaptalk1417920821503.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417920821503.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 237
  • uploadfromtaptalk1417920869435.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417920869435.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 215
  • uploadfromtaptalk1417920910539.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417920910539.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 168
  • uploadfromtaptalk1417920991374.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417920991374.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 166
  • uploadfromtaptalk1417921078032.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417921078032.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 177
  • uploadfromtaptalk1417921238412.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417921238412.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 178
Hey guys I'm back and i have made some significant improvements to this costume. I have purchase and customized a survival knife, Painted my machete to be bloody, upgraded the belt to a web sort of belt, bought a Big Mac shirt as used in the movie for $8 and many other improvements. Pics coming later. Stay tuned.~skull splitt3r~

Hey guys I'm back and i have made some significant improvements to this costume. I have purchase and customized a survival knife, Painted my machete to be bloody, upgraded the belt to a web sort of belt, bought a Big Mac shirt as used in the movie for $8 and many other improvements. Pics coming later. Stay tuned.~skull splitt3r~

Looking forward to the new pics, its always great to see more of the Friday the 13th fans on the RPF and give good feedback on their costumes including yours, since I have put together the Friday the 13th 2009 costume, 3 of 5 of the remake costumes done, 2 to go

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back