Halloween 2012. What is Everyone Working on?

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by Rennoc, May 5, 2012.

1. Rennoc

Rennoc New Member

Hey everyone!

I am brand new here but not exactly new to the costume and prop thing (no idea why it took me so long to get here). However If didn't see any other Halloween 2012 posts around so I figured given most of these projects take a lot of time lots of people have been working for a while now to get new ones completed. Feel free to definitely post WIP suits, armor, and other costumes here!

My plans are to finish my Scout Trooper from Star Wars and complete my brothers TDKR Bane costume. He's a bodybuilder so he fits the role better than I do. Hopefully I'll Have pictures of these WIP up in the near future. Until then, post away about future ideas!

2. NormanF

NormanF Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'd kind of like to do a Nova Prospekt gaurd from Halflife 2. Mostly because I also want to make a combine pulse rifle.

Sent from my Apple Newton

3. familyman

familyman Sr Member

working on Ironman and Batman not sure what one will be finished in time yet.

4. cayman shen

cayman shen Master Member

My friend's Halloween party theme is "oversized costumes" so people are doing things like coming as the Dr. Who box, etc. I'm debating doing a cardboard build of the S.N.A.K.E. armor from the old GI Joe toys.

5. endo500

endo500 Active Member

I think i'm going to build an Iron Man costume for my office halloween costume contest. Not sure what i'll do for that evening with my friends.

6. Dpeterson117

Dpeterson117 Active Member

Ironman mk7 for me!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

7. neomage2021

neomage2021 New Member

Working on a few things. Not sure which one will be for halloween. More than likely the steam punk frankenstein.

Currently I'm about to start punching hair in this for a the albuquerque comic expo. I havent decided if i will hand punch all the hair or just the eyebrows and hairline and use a wig.
    [​IMG]

As soon as I finish the terminator costume I'm goign to start building all the pieces for a steam punk Frankenstein. This is the starting point

[​IMG]

edit: I also have a silicone freddy mask and am making a silicone freddy left hand.

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  8. Tobot

Tobot Active Member

4x ghostbusters costumes
    2 custom design packs
    1 stunt pack
    1 semi hero pack

9. talye05

talye05 New Member

Going to attempt to make CLU from Tron: Legacy--his trench coat/helmet from the Games. If I run into any snags that keep me from having it ready for Halloween, I'll be designing my own creepy doll costume. Goodness knows I have the wigs to pull it off.
    [/wig fan]

10. PoopaPapaPalps

PoopaPapaPalps Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm trying my hand at the most accurate 89' Joker costume possibly conceived! Well, to the best of my ability, anyway.

I've not got much lined up for Halloween but this is something I've wanted a long time, anyway. As of now, I'm currently trying to match the pants' colors (already have the pattern down) through Spoonflower but that's proving trickier than first imagined.

11. vege

vege New Member

I'm working on a Batman suit :) Will start a post soon with lots of pics :)

12. whiteraven

whiteraven Active Member

That was one of my favorite accessories as a kid!! Do It!!

I think I'm going to have to call my Steampunk Satyr project my Halloween this year, as I'm not going to be complete in time for Phoenix Comic Con in 3 weeks (and I'm literally scheduled at work EVERY day of it).

13. SqueekinOrka

SqueekinOrka Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums :)

I'm working on Tribes:Ascend helmets (Blood Eagle and Diamond Sword) But i hope to make the Diamond Sword light suit. With the hype of The Avengers i kinda want to make myself an Ironman (woman) suit.Or at least the Arc that he has but the Avengers style.

( Link to progress thread in my signature.)

14. propnoob74

propnoob74 Well-Known Member

Welcome to our community; bunch o great people here; I'm working on my Iron Man MKVI and in foam; but I'm also making the war machine but that one using the fiberglass, bondo and all that good stuff, I'm taking all my time thou....

15. Rennoc

Rennoc New Member

I'm excited to see this 89' Joker. That will be absolutely awesome!
    Keep me posted

16. Rennoc

Rennoc New Member

Your Steam Punk Frankenstein's Monster is awesome.

Very Creative

17. Riceball

Riceball Sr Member

For the first time in a great while I have no idea what I'm going to do for Halloween this year. I'm debating on whether to just go with something that I've worn previously or try to come up with something new. The only new costume idea that I have is some sort of Steampunk costume but at the same time I'd like something with a little more wow factor/recognizability for my work's Halloween costume contest.

18. KrisP0

KrisP0 New Member

I'm about to start a Mk6 Iron Man suit, its my 1st costume i'm ever making so it may not be ready for halloween:(

19. Rennoc

Rennoc New Member

Hey

I'm also starting on an Iron Man suit.

It will be a Mark III however but this will be my first build of this kind. However, I have made a Sandtrooper costume so I'm not 100% new.

20. hoplite318

hoplite318 Member

My girlfriend and I are doing Hawkeye and Black Widow from the film. Should be pretty awesome because I've been told many times (mostly after MI4 came out) that I look like Jeremy Renner, and she's been told she kind of looks like Scarlette Johansson so it should work out pretty well...

Plus I'm teaching her Krav Maga, so she'll be able to kick some tail too!

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  21. canusracing

canusracing Member

Working on the iron man mark vii for myself and will probably have someone make a black widow for my gf

22. hoplite318

hoplite318 Member

I know it's kind of sacreligious to even bring it up on this forum, but does anyone have any idea how the top line Disguise costumes Black Widow is?
    The Avengers Black Widow Elite Adult Costume - Costumes, 802652

It looks like a fairly decent material, and aside from the boot covers looks like it could be a pretty decent base to work from. Some tweaking here and there and it could be pretty good.

23. usconcept

usconcept Well-Known Member

May or may not help (I never read the full thread) but there is a thread on the set.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=146346

24. mr awesome

mr awesome New Member

Im gonna attempt the mark iv ironman, only ever done a few small pep projects so hopefully i can finish in time.... just ordered my craftrobo a few days ago so hopefully that will speed me up!

25. hoplite318

hoplite318 Member

Actually, that helps a good deal! Thanks!

26. mrfadeaway45

mrfadeaway45 New Member

I'm stuck ????? I want to do Cuban Pete (the mask) or jack sparrow or joker.....haha.

27. Powerhouse70

Powerhouse70 Active Member

Im working on The Darkness, just about finished with the gauntlet.... and The Amazing Spiderman, might also do Aquaman for NYCC.

28. steamshovel

steamshovel Well-Known Member

Captain America: The First Avenger. Got an awesome helmet from roblenzz on here! Building the rest myself. Taking some time because I am making it at screen accurate as possible, but still on an extremely tight budget. Living in New York City is fantastic for finding everything you need, just having it cost a penny more than anywhere else.

29. jolive

jolive Active Member

Cuban Pete,

30. jolive

jolive Active Member

I'm working on the avengers with my buddies planning on having them done before Halloween but will still use em.

31. rosskow

rosskow Well-Known Member

Still working on what I was trying get finished for last year Halloween, boba fett, just the helmet though.

32. rotccole

rotccole New Member

Darth Malgus! or, Warhammer 40K grey knight, or fallout power armor...* indecision!!!

33. Diastrom

Diastrom New Member

I'm upgrading my republic commando. I'm currently constructing a pep helmet based on ligonap's pdo. Just cutting right now..,

Sent from the Moldy Crow using Tapatalk

34. Egon Spengler

Egon Spengler Sr Member

35. Meathead316

Meathead316 Active Member

36. MattMunson

MattMunson Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm working on gettting back into shape! I think I'm going to wear my Dark Knight armor this year, as halloween will be hot on the heels of the release of the Dark Knight Rises.

I need to do some work on the suit, but it's nothing significant. The hard part will be fitting in it :D

37. vindicator

vindicator Member

using Iron man mark 6 to make a set of Ultron Armor.

38. TheMarine

TheMarine New Member

Iron Armor From Skyrim, Which I might use for LaRPing. :D

39. rotccole

rotccole New Member

^^^ok, That's cool! WIP?

40. CankleBreaker

CankleBreaker New Member

I'm currently working on an G1 Optimus Prime costume using cardboard and instructions from a source on instructables.

I do have a question if anyone can answer however, I dl'ed a pep file of OP and printed it using the free pep viewer (no re-sizing, just wanted to see how it would turn out). As i'm gluingthe pieces together, why are the edge ID #s shown on the inside of the model as opposed to the outside? When you guys all pep, I see all the little #s on the face of your models and mine is on the inside...

41. Jayn

Jayn Sr Member

42. Eopie Herder

Eopie Herder Sr Member

I've got two I'm working on, both should be done before Halloween...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

43. Batnismo

Batnismo Member

Im working on a Shreder costume from the Ninja turtles

44. sixsixzero

sixsixzero New Member

Voltron Force (nicktoons version)

45. Helagak

Helagak Sr Member

I'm working on an ironman mk IV. My wife wants one too. The best part? She's totally ok with this version:!!
    [​IMG]
    Hahaha can't wait! :lol

*edit* I'm pretty sure that is the "Mark 36D" :lol

46. Tylerdurden389

Tylerdurden389 Member

If my brother actually keeps his word this year (last year he suggested going as The Dude and Walter, but he flaked out), we'll be Sub-Zero and Scorpion. If not, I'm working on Rocky 3 (yellow w/ black stripes) and possibly Sonny Crockett/Miami Vice.

47. mummycop

mummycop New Member

Jack Harkness. Got a coat from hellocosplay, tailored the sleeves, replaced the buttons with replica RAF. Now I need a holster and some old style braces.

48. Hanzo

Hanzo Active Member

Trying to get a suit for Amazing Spider-Man!!

49. Batnismo

Batnismo Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Started on my shredder costume.

50. Batnismo

Batnismo Member

Here's the last update.
    [​IMG]