Halliwax's weird V3 theory

broken emitter - and look at how WIDE the clamp box is. Stretched around a sanded metal cast
245B612D-4ABA-4E34-B66D-F7C031B3CA73_1_201_a.jpeg

When I worked at the local science museum we had tons of empty acryllic and glass cases stacked up after reshuffling some of the education collection. Thats a familiar sight to me.. neat

Didn't know where else to put this but this was something that was brought up on Twitter via Jamie Benning (his Film-umentaries are something I highly recommend). Today---11 Jan---is 40 years since principal photography for Return of the Jedi started. For one cut sandstorm sequence, no less. This then also marks the day the V2 (and subsequently, the V3) got a huge role boost somewhere around lunch-time.

FIzj-35WQAISRRJ?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Didn't know where else to put this but this was something that was brought up on Twitter via Jamie Benning (his Film-umentaries are something I highly recommend). Today---11 Jan---is 40 years since principal photography for Return of the Jedi started. For one cut sandstorm sequence, no less. This then also marks the day the V2 (and subsequently, the V3) got a huge role boost somewhere around lunch-time.

View attachment 1532844
Epic! Thanks for sharing!! So from here forth jan 11 is official v2 day! ;p

View attachment 1532844
What book is this please?

So- with the V3 resin cast.
(PoopaPapaPalps perhaps you can chime in)
Is it possible they could have done a single piece sand mold and cast the Yuma FROM a resin-V3? (Lost resin? Is that a thing?) Using the whole top (or bottom) as the sprue and vent?
I'm actually wondering if the marks present on the Hero body aren't blanked over anythings- but rather smoothed and machined over evidence of the set screws from the V3 that made it into the casting.

Is it possible they could have done a single piece sand mold and cast the Yuma FROM a resin-V3? (Lost resin? Is that a thing?) Using the whole top (or bottom) as the sprue and vent?
I'm actually wondering if the marks present on the Hero body aren't blanked over anythings- but rather smoothed and machined over evidence of the set screws from the V3 that made it into the casting.
The Yuma is freshly machined aluminum. Plus, the hero/Yuma has sections that are actually larger than the stunt.

Could they have done it? Sure, they could've done anything. They could've machined the original stunt hilts from ANH from round stock, but they didn't so anything is possible. Though, I admit, it seems unlikely (burning the resin would yield very terrible results). Everything on the Yuma seems freshly machined to me. Although I'm not an expert on the Yuma/Hero, so my opinions on the matter are limited.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back