Half-Life 2 Metrocop, been planning this one. [PIC HEAVY]

Utri

Little test fit to see where we are. Digging it.

BF731B4E-3FD8-4400-8320-BDFA4D64B536.jpeg

CB6C0229-21A9-44E0-B2A5-FF1B5DED4441.jpeg
56236681-E304-45A3-8BFF-D916790C2D5C.jpeg

A9721651-782E-49EC-9C44-2D3686B20C3D.jpeg
00AEB65F-D8F1-4089-BEFE-963FC44CBCEE.jpeg

BOO
C8811D8D-3894-4B79-B8D2-6A499313FCE5.jpeg

Comments, questions, critiques?

Attachments

• 3D1CC60E-FE55-4793-8A8E-F77E62F94E73.jpeg
    3D1CC60E-FE55-4793-8A8E-F77E62F94E73.jpeg
    228.3 KB · Views: 33
Looks absolutely fabulous! Only thing of note that stuck out to me was the bottom of the vest, is it just me or does the arch look a little high?
Capture.PNG

As a person who owns an actual flak vest, it would seem a bit impractical to mold it perfectly to the shape of the ribcage, when the stuff below it needs equal protection too. Maybe that's just me nitpicking too much though, and I fully understand the modifications we need to make for comfort. (seems like it would be hell to bend over in eva foam while trying not to damage it) Aside from that, this is one heck of a cosplay! Definitely gonna be watching this with interest.

Malibu139

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I am not familiar with the character outside of this thread but I love the process and the outcome so far. Particularly on the vest construction and methods presented . I love it. It is looking great and props for persevering and getting it this close to completion!

Utri

Looks absolutely fabulous! Only thing of note that stuck out to me was the bottom of the vest, is it just me or does the arch look a little high?
View attachment 1537413

Oop, you’re totally right! I have a bad habit of forgetting to refer to my reference

I’ll see what I can do about correcting this. Right now, the front and back of the vest aren’t actually attached, which is why you might have noticed me keeping my upper arm pretty close in. This might have the effect of bulging out the front, making the center seem even higher.

As for practicality… the metrocop really is a rather impractical design, especially compared to the soldiers. But, like you said— that’s costumes!

Oop, you’re totally right! I have a bad habit of forgetting to refer to my reference

I’ll see what I can do about correcting this. Right now, the front and back of the vest aren’t actually attached, which is why you might have noticed me keeping my upper arm pretty close in. This might have the effect of bulging out the front, making the center seem even higher.

As for practicality… the metrocop really is a rather impractical design, especially compared to the soldiers. But, like you said— that’s costumes!
That's what led me to compulsively checking my measurements quite literally every 10 seconds, try to find a balance between now and me lol.

The Metrocop really isn't that impractical if you compare it to most modern police/soldiers, a protective mask/respirator, a bulletproof/flak vest over most vital organs, an undercoat which could be stab proof looking at it, multiple utility belts for tools or weapons, etc. Sure it may not be the most comfortable or flexible thing ever, but it serves its one purpose; protecting the wearer from harm.

Anyways, restraining my militaria collecting side for a moment, looking at the way you've constructed the vest it shouldn't be hard to remove just the tiles in question, retrace and reupholster them. You've got a very good costume ahead of you!

Utri

Sure it may not be the most comfortable or flexible thing ever, but it serves its one purpose; protecting the wearer from harm.
Funny enough, this is probably my comfiest costume yet! Coming from Scout Trooper and Mando, the metrocop is a breeze. Some nice boots, a jacket, vest. And the visibility is startlingly good. Right between the scout trooper and mando.

Any thoughts on the blue lenses? I’m thinking about switching to standard silver mirror, maybe even just black. The blue is pretty stark, I suppose a final decision can be made when it’s all done. The lenses are only hot glued, anyway.

It looks like they’re silver in HL2 and black in HLA

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.