HAL 9000 Faceplate with working sound and lights

Buy now for 600.00 USD
You don't have the permission to purchase
Prop Store

Valor

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is a handmade HAL 9000 faceplate.The body is made from solid wood. The outer trim is all hand machined aluminum. The face is an accurate black brushed metal vinyl. The lens is a real fish-eye glass lens retrieved from a vintage slide projector. The lens housing is SLS 3D printed and the details are very clean, including engraved accurate lettering around the lens housing. The speaker cover is also 3D printed. The LED lights up ... of course.

And, HAL speaks! Inside is an Adafruit FX Soundboard loaded with 9 sayings from the film that he randomly chooses. A small button at the top cues the sound:

1) I’m sorry Dave, I don’t have enough information.
2) We’re all by any practical definition, foolproof and incapable of error.
3) All systems are functional
4) Everything is going extremely well.
5) This sort of thing has cropped up from time to time and it is always due to human error.
6) This conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
7) You’re going to find that rather difficult.
8) I know you can Frank were planning to disconnect me and I’m afraid I cannot allow that to happen.

You can see a video of the sound effects here:

The entire thing is run on 3 AAA batteries that are easily replaced on the back. The back electronics are safe behind an aluminum back plate. And HAL comes with two Keyhole hangers for easy wall mounting.

Free shipping in the US.

IMG_5268.jpeg
IMG_5269.jpeg
IMG_5270.jpeg
IMG_5271.jpeg
IMG_5273.jpeg
IMG_5274.jpeg
IMG_5272.jpeg

Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

JediRabbi

Consider me tempted. This would be an awesome companion piece for anyone who just bought one of the (amazing) Logic Memory Center signs that were recently listed on another thread...

Prop Store