Hair and wigs

Auryn

I know this is strictly props and costume board.
But I was wondering if anyone here can point me in the direction of a tutorial or website for DIY wigs.

Its looking like I will have to make my own wig for a character next year and I would like to get underway sooner rather than later.:unsure

Just remember, if the wig is synthetic, you cannot curl it by regular means! You will have to roll/set it, and pour very hot to boiling water on it-it is plastic, after all. Also, real hair grows out at a 90 degree angle to the head, which is why we can style our own hair any way we like. Synthetic hair is sewn into place, making styling a fake hair wig a bit of a nightmare. You might have to re-sew the wefts down in a different location than they are already. Hope this helps!

I'm thinking I should send the above links to the people behind the TV show(here in Oz) Undercover Boss, so far this season we have had at least 3 frakking atrocious wigs for the undercover boss
When I can get some pictures I will post tehm here, but the wigs they have used look so frakking terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the tip Looch.
I was originally thinking of being mental enough to try to make the wig myself but I had some sense put into me by the powers that be and ordered 2 wigs yesterday to work with.

Thankfully the wig I need to make is mostly straight, it just has a lot of layers and some crazy bangs sticking out.
But I will definitely heed your advice to curl the tips of the layers.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back