Hahahahah Post apocalyptic Joker

Friko

I’ve been reluctant to make a joker suit for the simple fact that I Hate putting makeup on myself, especially prosthetics which I wouldn’t do a joker suit without.
I’ve seen a lot of different styles and incarnations of the character and decided id try my own. Like the rest of my suits, I wanted it to look hectic, aged and damaged. I’ll be pushing this suit more so than the others.
I want this character to look very war-torn but not defeated, surviving. I want it to look as if he has had to make repairs and replace parts to his fiendish weapons and toys along the way.
I’ll get more into the logic and decision making later down the road. I haven’t done much yet…

I began with the coat. Nothing special, but it's a good starting point. I began to shred it and age it. Then i got bored and made his squirting flower toy. It's a metal flower that i repainted and added a spout to. I wanted it to look like it actually had fluid running to it from somewhere so i ran some tubing from it and into the shoulder of the suit. I added a small valve for releasing the acid of pee or whatever this Joker would shoot out of it. I used some orange zip ties to secure the clips. I figured it made it look more pieced together and somewhat desperate but still Joker stylish.

That's all for now...

mre 068.JPGmre 067.JPGmre 069.JPG

So I did some more work on distressing the coat. I gave it the "treatment" I frayed it tore holes in it, hit it with the palm sander, and it it multiple layers of paint, I got my pants and a few minor pieces. All of which will get the same treatment. Hope it's starting to look more interesting.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 128
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    975.5 KB · Views: 148
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    886.7 KB · Views: 150
Love post-apocalyptic twists of known characters! Jacket's looking great! :thumbsup Was it a bought item or did you make it yourself? Do you have any concept drawings for the look your going for?

Love post-apocalyptic twists of known characters! Jacket's looking great! :thumbsup Was it a bought item or did you make it yourself? Do you have any concept drawings for the look your going for?

Thanks! It was purchased.
I don't have any concept drawings yet...I really need to sit down and just draw it. It would be very helpful to me too.

I finished treating the pants. They aren't nearly as damaged as the coat, but good enough. I'm considering attaching knee pads just to layer up on the pants.
I also did some work on the gas mask...idk if i mentioned that making a gas mask was my way around doing a full face prosthetic. They are both equal in the amount of work to make, however, i only have to make one mask, unlike, a face prosthetic.
The look of the gas mask has been bothering me quite a bit. I didn't want the traditional look with the 2 large filters on the sides. I wanted it to resemble the joker smile but have it re purposed as a gas mask of some kind. I just said "screw it" and started sculpting...here's what i have so far. Just a few hours work, and not what i originally had in mind but im sure it will work. Any suggestions??????

joker 009.JPGjoker 010.JPGjoker 011.JPGjoker 012.JPGjoker 013.JPG

I love the look of your gas mask, and definitely think you should finish it, but I really don't think it works for this build. What about something that looks more like a traditional gas mask but with a red smile drawn on with lipstick? Or some big red novelty lips that look like they were dug up from some an abandoned party supply store epoxyed on. The problem is that there isn't much about your current sculpt that says "Joker" or "post-apocalypse".

teeth alone don't really conjure up images of the joker, you need the lips. Post apocalypse means that society has crumbled, and so has manufacturing. This looks like it was specially made using tools and resources that would be very unlikely to come by post apocalypse.

Once again, it really looks great. Not my first choice for a post apocalyptic Joker though.

Heh, look what I found

BillVaughn-copy.jpg

something like that but bigger and toothier.

I love the look of your gas mask, and definitely think you should finish it, but I really don't think it works for this build. What about something that looks more like a traditional gas mask but with a red smile drawn on with lipstick? Or some big red novelty lips that look like they were dug up from some an abandoned party supply store epoxyed on. The problem is that there isn't much about your current sculpt that says "Joker" or "post-apocalypse".

teeth alone don't really conjure up images of the joker, you need the lips. Post apocalypse means that society has crumbled, and so has manufacturing. This looks like it was specially made using tools and resources that would be very unlikely to come by post apocalypse.

Once again, it really looks great. Not my first choice for a post apocalyptic Joker though.

Heh, look what I found

View attachment 449915

something like that but bigger and toothier.

Thanks.
I get what your're saying. I was unsure of something that looked so specific or designed myself. However, i will be adding extra pieces on after its molded and cast.
And while i get what you are saying i disagree about your suggestion on the look of the gas mask. The paint job would sell the gas mask. It will give it the traditional joker look with the red "lips" sloppily placed around those messed up teeth. So, it will have both. And i do appreciate the pic but, man, that looks more perverted than anything else. I figured that some things have been acquired pre-apocalypse so i think it will be ok if some of the Jokers items look customized and manufactured.
Hopefully it turns out well. I do have my doubts. But we will see.
Thanks, i appreciate the input.

Did some more work. Each time i come back to it i find some more problems and then second guess the direction. I usually have more of a defined idea that im shooting for by now. The quick sketch helped but idk.
I fixed the limp looking nose, took out and replaced the left mouth filter, took out and replaced the right tubing, and i removed most of the texture for now.
joker4 001.JPGjoker4 003.JPGjoker4 004.JPG

Wow, that mask is terrifying and I love it. I liked it without the nose, but the nose does make it much more Jokerish (it reminded me of the Lizard more than anything before).

I definitely like the direction you're taking with the new nose, but I don't think I'm a fan of the drastic up-turn at the apex. I could be mistaken, but I think it's pretty rare to see that on the Joker, and it makes him look a little elvish.

I did a quick liquify in PS of what would look better, imo.
2sQf+

Awesome work - really anticipating the end build here. I think this style of post apoc joker will be great, and the mask will only enhance that. I think Hazmat was unfortunately very premature on this not working when it was clearly in its early stages?!?

Wow, that mask is terrifying and I love it. I liked it without the nose, but the nose does make it much more Jokerish (it reminded me of the Lizard more than anything before).

Thanks. I actually kinda liked it without the nose too. Oh well, maybe for another project.

I definitely like the direction you're taking with the new nose, but I don't think I'm a fan of the drastic up-turn at the apex. I could be mistaken, but I think it's pretty rare to see that on the Joker, and it makes him look a little elvish.
I did a quick liquify in PS of what would look better, imo.
http://d.pr/i/2sQf+

Hey, thanks for the image. It's funny how the smallest of changes can really make or break a piece. I like what you did and would have considered it. By the time i saw any of these comments i had already molded it. I was getting a little impatient :p

Awesome work - really anticipating the end build here. I think this style of post apoc joker will be great, and the mask will only enhance that. I think Hazmat was unfortunately very premature on this not working when it was clearly in its early stages?!?

Thanks a lot :) Ha ha, yea a little premature. I guess that's one of the downfalls to posting in-progress sculptures, they tend to look like a mess until they are near finished. Gotta give it time.
Thanks again :)

So, i did a mold using Mold Max Stroke and Plastipaste for the mother mold. It came out really well. No thin spots. Here is a pic of the sculpt after molding and 2 castings i did.
joker molded 013.JPGjoker molded 015.JPG

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back