GUYVER

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by kryptoboy1, May 18, 2012.

1. kryptoboy1

kryptoboy1 Active Member

the everyone.. i am going to attempt to make a guyver suit for the toronto fan expo... some of you may have seen my tmnt mikey suit i did last year.. this year i am going to try to use eva foam or i may stick with upholstery foam.. to make the body armor of the guyver. does anyone have any suggestions on where i should start ..
    i have the pep file for the guyver mask but does anyone out there have the suit files.. if not can anyone give some tips on how to make it from scatch lol...????
    i am looking to do the one from the movie not the anime version.. so also if anyone can get some good shots of him could you please post?

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  2. BlackKaos

BlackKaos Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I have the anime suit files if you are interest send me your email and I will send it to you. The files are not scaled or unfolded and are only of the armor pieces.

3. BlackKaos

Here is my 4shared folder with the guyver files in it. There are two seperate suit files. The grouped set is the set that I edited myself. I took out all the non armor sections and left only the armor sections for easier pepping but left them in groups. The seperate pieces are pieces I found off the internet. All files have not been scaled or unfolded so you can do it yourself or who ever feels like unfolding them and sharing, be my guest.

4shared.com - free file sharing and storage

4. Joe Pep

Joe Pep Active Member

hey blackkaos that sounds great.. but the the link does not seem to work. If you could double check it, that would be great.... Thank-you for sharing these files....

5. BlackKaos

Not sure why it's not working. I'll let you know.

6. BlackKaos

Here are the file sperate links on 4 shared. There are alot of them but it's the only other way I know how to post them.

Guyver Calfs and Feet.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
    Guyver Chest and Abdomen.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
    Guyver pelvis and legs.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
    Guyver Arms_2.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
    helmet detail.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
    left foot.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
    left hand.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
    left heel.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
    left lower leg.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
    left shoulder.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
    left upper arm.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
    left upper leg.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
    left lower arm.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
    PELVIS.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
    right foot.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
    right hand.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
    right heel.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
    right lower arm.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
    right lower leg.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

7. JFcustom

JFcustom Sr Member

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  8. Surreal Studios

Surreal Studios Well-Known Member

WOW great files, anyone up for the unfolding? I really need to learn how:lol

9. animefan

animefan Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

If some one finishes of the files for foam, Id be in to help.

10. Surreal Studios

Surreal Studios Well-Known Member

Thia would be a great suit for a foam build

11. JFcustom

JFcustom Sr Member

[​IMG]

Here's my foam-at-once pep file [​IMG]. I have in mind to build an entire suit, so I did not spread it into several files.
    1. print your sheets
    2. tape your sheets
    3. cut your paper masks
    4. cut your foam from the masks
    5. you get less and bigger foam parts, you save gluing time, and less junctions means nicer curves an inproved "anti-aliasing".

On this scale chart you can see tree columns : expanded pep view size / armor size (inc horn) / your size.

[​IMG]

Have fun, and post your WIP.

Last edited: May 20, 2012
    Mig407 likes this.
  12. mcoatsey

mcoatsey Active Member

dude, a guyver will be awesome, look forward to seeing your progress.
    One of the best manga/anime characters

13. animefan

animefan Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

thanks for the files jf, now I just need to find the time.

14. mikey123mushukl

mikey123mushukl Well-Known Member

Thanks for providing these files. I have been searching for years. I can not wait to start !!!!!!!!

15. sleepalot

sleepalot Active Member

anyone ever make a guyver zoanoid? Like in Dark hero.

16. sitzombiesit

sitzombiesit New Member

K, this is going to be a total noob question but what is "On this scale chart you can see tree columns : expanded pep view size / armor size (inc horn) / your size." refering to?

17. sleepalot

sleepalot Active Member

I'd love to see your final product pics. A guyver suit would be sweet.

18. JFcustom

JFcustom Sr Member

It refers to the final size of your suit, depending of your own size.
    I'm 5'10" ie 1m78, once my Guyver suit on I'll be 1m96, and since the suit view is exploded in pepakura I have to scale before printing it so it virtualy reaches 2m21.

I'll work on it quite soon, I hope.

19. sitzombiesit

sitzombiesit New Member

Ah, so I guess maybe I misunderstood the chart. lol I really wanna give this a shot, but I have no idea how to scale it properly, or even how to start. Dang these awesome projects! :p

20. AkiBadtrip

AkiBadtrip Member

Awesome files and tips here Bro! Planning to do this one of these days! Thanks!

21. kryptoboy1

kryptoboy1 Active Member

Hey everyone.. sorry i have not posted anything on here since i started the thread but i just had a baby and he has been taking up most of my time :)... but i managed to get some time to pep up the helmet and just gave it 2 coats of fiber glass resin..

i was wondering in anyone could help me out?? im looking for more of a movie guyver look then the anime..soo i think im am going to use scupting putty to make the helmet look more organic and give it more detail.. does anyone ever use scupting putty and do you think it will work on the helmet??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. daninboo

daninboo Active Member

that looks great, good job on the reasin, that stuff can worp peps pretty easy. i dont know much about texturing and im not that far on my build yet to give you any good ideas yet. also im working with foam not pep, and am sure i will have to find a different way to texture mine. looking forward to seeing what you come up with. congrates on the baby too lol i know how you feel lol

23. CyberPaddy66

CyberPaddy66 Well-Known Member

Dayum, watched the first Live Action film tonight... Adds another costume to the ever growing list :lol:

Thanks for the Pep Files guys, look forward to seeing what others do with this costume :D

24. Judge Spartan

Judge Spartan Sr Member

Does anyone have the Guyver "helmet" pep file they can share? I've noticed in the Blackkaos's pep files the helmet is not included, just the helmet add-ons.

25. CyberPaddy66

CyberPaddy66 Well-Known Member

*, I just downloaded the lot and didn't even notice :facepalm:

26. kcr7pr

kcr7pr Active Member

looking awsome!

27. hydin

hydin Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Check out bioweapons.com , and also Error's build thread for the Witchblade gauntlet. Hot glue can be used to make some pretty impressive things, and is the perfect "tendon" looking match to the live action suit in the first post.

That being said, I kinda want to do a helmet myself. Looks pretty badass!

Chris

28. Daemon324

Daemon324 Active Member

It looks very nice! Keep it up, man!

29. Grave

Grave Well-Known Member

lookin good. but it doesnt look like it will be done in time for fan expo

30. kryptoboy1

kryptoboy1 Active Member

hey everyone...
    here are some progress pics of the helmet.. trying my hardest to get this thing done :(

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

31. Grave

Grave Well-Known Member

whats the green? im not sure what i am looking at. almost thought it was expansion foam for a min

32. kryptoboy1

kryptoboy1 Active Member

its epoxy sculpted...

33. Rysjin7717

Rysjin7717 Well-Known Member

Kb1, th' Gyver is a beast i saw th' live action movie way before th' anime or manga, now i enjoy them all. your helmet is lookin' great keep up th' good work brah i look forward ta ya progress an congrats on your sons birth brah.:cool:cool

34. Grave

Grave Well-Known Member

a kid? i missed that. congrats

35. arkham666

arkham666 New Member

Sorry I'm still a bit confused about how exactly we go about scaling the pep file. Am I meant to enter one of those numbers into the scale factor, if so which one?

36. Grave

Grave Well-Known Member

when you goto the 2d menu and scale file. you have to pic what dimension you are going to scale. i normally go by the height, but for the guyver having the antenna, i had to use the width. depending on what you are scaling depends on what dimension you scale. limbs are always the height. body is the width.

37. arkham666

arkham666 New Member

yeah I get that part but I'm wondering what the values on the image which comes with the file actually represent. Are they numbers we can enter? I've worked with pepakura before but with the object being exploded I'm not sure how I'm going ot accurately scale this and it's hard enough normally.

38. Grave

Grave Well-Known Member

the "exploded" is only showing how the parts are separated. it has no effect.
    you can see in the pic there are only 3 dimensions. you can only enter number in one spot. the program automatically adjusts the other 2 spots. dont worry about the scale below it. it only works if your making something to scale and all the parts were equally made.
    im not sure if im missing something for what your asking. if not, look up "the hero tutorials" on youtube. i think stealth has something.
    [​IMG]

39. arkham666

arkham666 New Member

[​IMG]

this image here. What do the numbers actually mean in pepakura. I've tried entering them into the various values but the measurment is always wrong, how are they meant to help me if at all?

apparently they mean..
    "On this scale chart you can see tree columns : expanded pep view size / armor size (inc horn) / your size."
    but I don't get how any of that relates to pep.

40. Grave

Grave Well-Known Member

those mean nothing in pep. those are vectors for the 3d design. that pic was just to show the model. thats it. toss it out.

41. Grave

Grave Well-Known Member

get the already parted model from him or the guy on the 405th and start measuring your body in millimetres
    height for bicep, arm, thigh, shin
    width for head, stomach, chest

42. arkham666

arkham666 New Member

ok thanks

43. mcoatsey

mcoatsey Active Member

liking the work, keep it up"GUYVER"

44. Grave

Grave Well-Known Member

no problem, im glad its sorted out. now start building * it! lol

45. JFcustom

JFcustom Sr Member

In fact, these three columns refer to the final size of your suit, depending of your own size. I might have writen it onto the picture, not above : "On this scale chart you can see tree columns : expanded pep view size / armor size (inc horn) / your size."

The first column is the height you must enter in PepDesigner, depending of your own height from the third column. I'm about 5'10" so I entered 2200 as default value (2200mm is something near 221.121827cm). Once my Guyver suit on I'll be 1m96 (middle column), and since the suit view is indeed exploded in pepakura (larger than when worn) I have to scale before printing so it "virtualy" reaches 2m21 (first column).

If you're 5'9", for exemple, you can enter a height of 2180 (217.962944) that matches your 5'9". In this case you'll get an indicative scale factor around 400.

The middle column is only here to estimate your real height once you'll wear the suit. Y'ou'll may have to bend down while passing trough a door if you don't want your horn to be damaged.

BlackKaos have posted all the spare parts on first page, and I still have somewhere the entire assembled unfolded model file, if it can help. You can have a look at Lusidious's thread, he is building the same.

Do not hesitate if you're still in the doubt.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  46. arkham666

arkham666 New Member

cheers that what i needed to know.
    I just wanted to ask about the helmet though. I've been measuring up the various pieces using the measure distance between two points and most of it seems right but the helmet seems very small. I printed off a paper version and just stuck it together with tape to try and get an idea of how it might look but I think I'm going to need to make it bigger. Is this something anyone else has found as well?

47. JFcustom

JFcustom Sr Member

Probably did the original modeler not aimed to put some day a real human in his character, even if body proportions seem to match fairly well. Anyway you can always pick up an other and maybe more accurate helmet somewhere around here, just like kryptoboy1 did.

48. Grave

Grave Well-Known Member

remember, guyver is anime. it has anime proportions.

49. PepIronman

PepIronman Member

This is freaking awesome!

I need to get so much foam and try to make it. As well as the Warmachine.

50. Grave

Grave Well-Known Member

i think they guyver is more of an advanced thing to make. it needs to be completely round. practice practice practice