Gunpowder Milkshake - Karen Gillian movie

No... Referring to a film where every woman is a dirtbag.

Only remember one gunshot in that movie, & it wasn't toward a female.

Saw it. It's fine I suppose.

I feel I have to retract some of my previous statements. It walks very solidly in the path of John Wick, and isn't anywhere near as good. Though to be fair, I think that's more of a testament to how damned well made the John Wick movies are.

I think the slow motion in some of the scenes, and the attempts to show extra graphic stuff actually detracted from the film. It just gave an opportunity for me to see how wrong/badly they were doing. If all of it had been faster paced, I think I'd feel less critical.

The acting was very good, the characters were very fun, it was just the execution of the action scenes that were way less than I had hoped for. I don't know if I should write that off as "they did as well as most movies, so who cares?" or hold them to a higher standard of "you specifically targeted the John Wick audience; step your game up."

I do enjoy movies with the "it's modern time but with older cars and tech." what would that be? Retro Modernism? Modern Retroism? "The 90's?"

Not picking a fight but how was Jane (Thora Birch's character) a dirtbag in that movie?
Yeah... I guess she was just going through that angsty stage toward her dad.

I know in the alternate ending, she & Ricky went to prison for the murder because of the video & the real murderer planting the bloody t shirt in Ricky's hamper.

Apologies to the OP for derailing.

Finally saw it last night. It's a shallow John Wick clone, clearly set up to be a "girl power" flick. All of the good guys are women, all of the bad guys are men. At least they didn't beat you over the head with it too badly. The acting was all good but the movie was ultimately forgettable.

Finally saw it last night. It's a shallow John Wick clone, clearly set up to be a "girl power" flick. All of the good guys are women, all of the bad guys are men. At least they didn't beat you over the head with it too badly. The acting was all good but the movie was ultimately forgettable.
It's funny though, that John Wick has nothing to do with 'male power', but when it's women in the lead it is only 'girl power'. It's quite a double standard.

John Wick is retired and essentially annihilates an entire organization because some dumbass decided to kill his dog while robbing him. But it's not shallow. Here, an assassin kills their target, targets really, and because the wrong person dies in the process, boatloads of people are sent after her all while she's protecting a kid, but it's shallow and 'girl power'.

Sure it's a clone, but it was fun and enjoyable which is all it was intended to be i'm sure.

It's funny though, that John Wick has nothing to do with 'male power', but when it's women in the lead it is only 'girl power'. It's quite a double standard.

John Wick is retired and essentially annihilates an entire organization because some dumbass decided to kill his dog while robbing him. But it's not shallow. Here, an assassin kills their target, targets really, and because the wrong person dies in the process, boatloads of people are sent after her all while she's protecting a kid, but it's shallow and 'girl power'.

Sure it's a clone, but it was fun and enjoyable which is all it was intended to be i'm sure.

Except you always saw mixed-gender throughout. The "good assassins" were both and the "bad assassins" were both. It was really, really clear that there was an ideological reason behind the casting. There's even a line at the end, referring to the Firm as "a bunch of evil men". I'm not saying that's a good or bad thing, just that it's a thing.

Okay I watched this last night and I have to say that if you haven't seen it yet, you do not need to see it. I'm surprised that a movie with such a good cast was such a snoozefest.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back