Guilds in SW:TOR

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by Delmustator, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Delmustator

Delmustator Sr Member

Anyone going to start a guild in Star Wars: The Old Republic? I started one called the "Grammaton Clerics".

Grammaton Clerics | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Anyone interested in joining? This guild will be Sith oriented on a PvE server.

2. Thibault

Thibault Sr Member

We talked about it in the entertainment section...

I think it's an awesome idea !

I would have been in if it was a Republic guild ! :unsure

3. Delmustator

Delmustator Sr Member

I'm open to changing it. I really enjoyed the beta weekend playing a Sith Inquisitor.

4. BoozeBeGood

BoozeBeGood Sr Member

I'd be in. Already have mine pre-ordered. Can't wait for the release!

5. Jm419

Jm419 Sr Member

Oh, this game is still happening? Lol, totally forgot about it. Skyrim for the win...

6. Thibault

Thibault Sr Member

Qui-Gonzalez would be interested too I think ...

7. Lando

Lando Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

i'm interested, when does the game come out?

8. Delmustator

Delmustator Sr Member

Official release is Dec 20th. Beta testers get a head start of 5 days before the official release.

In five days, I could be level 25-30 just from what I learned during the beta testing.

Another round of testing is this upcoming weekend. I plan to loose a lot of sleep.

9. Lando

Lando Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

how are you getting the beta testing?

10. Lancer

Lancer Sr Member

is this an MMO with a monthly fee? or free?

11. Delmustator

Delmustator Sr Member

I've been a beta tester on a number of MMOs in the past and was a contributor to EverQuest for 7+ years. All you have to do is goto the Star Wars: The Old Republic and sign-up to be a tester.

12. Delmustator

Delmustator Sr Member

Yes, it's an MMO with a monthly fee.

Will I need to purchase a monthly subscription in order to play Star Wars: The Old Republic?
    Yes, a monthly subscription is required to play Star Wars: The Old Republic. Players will be able to select one of three different subscription options:
    1 Month Subscription: $14.99 (£8.99/€12.99)
    3 Month Subscription: $13.99 per month (one-time charge of $41.97/£25.17/€35.97)
    6 Month Subscription: $12.99 per month (one-time charge of $77.94/£46.14/€65.94)

13. nwjedidave

nwjedidave Sr Member

PVP FTW, sorry not into the PVE

14. Qui-Gonzalez

Qui-Gonzalez Master Member

Oi, PvP servers...

Here is my take on it: I've been ganked in open world PvP and frankly, it is not fun. I want to choose when to fight. I can run around flagged for PvP if I choose on a PvE server, or can shut it off. PvP servers remove that choice.

I'll be on an RP server if they have them. Also, starting out as Republic...boo on Sith Empire.

15. Goodwolf

Goodwolf Sr Member

With the exception of the cooly named but unfortunately acronymmed Shatter The Dawn in WoW, ever since EQ our guilds have had a Princess Bride theme, so we're going with ROUS this time.

And Sith all the way, baybee! (I can't help it, I'm dating a Sith Cheerleader)

16. Delmustator

Delmustator Sr Member

I'm not saying that the troopers running around with blasters were not impressive. One of them wore me out a couple of times. But just the fact that I can make lightning come out of my fingers is awesome! At higher levels, you get invisibility and much more powerful force powers.

Interestingly, my trend stayed neutral from light to dark side during the first beta. No matter how sinister I was, it never moved. Probably not active yet.

17. uubergeek

uubergeek New Member

Well i help run the 501st guild (been going since swg beta). You can check us out at Home - 501st XFOR - Guild website

Don't have to be a 501st member to get in or anything, so if you wanna play with other real fans check us out.

We have an Imperial and Republic guild setup for those wanting either side