Guess what I just bought! (Luke ESB Graflex Build)

propmainiac

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
OK so as usual when I feel like I did something great there's no one to tell here at my house except the wife so I'll tell you the great people here on the RPF........I Just found a Graflex on the 'bay for a ridiculously low price! I feel like jumping around the room and laughing like a madman! I hope I'm not sounding like a jerk here but I thought I'd never get another actual original flash.
It's a two cell in good shape with the clamp red button and glass eye. I paid the same amount that I did in 1999 when I bought my first one. Here's pics. Screenshot_20170201-201950.pngScreenshot_20170201-201530.png

Last edited:
Re: Guess what I just bought!

OK so as usual when I feel like I did something great there's no one to tell here at my house except the wife so I'll tell you the great people here on the RPF........I Just found a Graflex on the 'bay for a ridiculously low price! I feel like jumping around the room and laughing like a madman! I hope I'm not sounding like a jerk here but I thought I'd never get another actual original flash.
It's a two cell in good shape with the clamp red button and glass eye. I paid the same amount that I did in 1999 when I bought my first one. Here's pics.View attachment 703365View attachment 703366

very nice, i was scouting that as well. your not kidding about the deal. last week a 5 cell went for 291.... i didnt have the extra funds at the time but watched the auction live figuring it would sky rocket, and when it didnt i felt like the biggest loser lol

you got yourself a very clean flash there! :thumbsup

Thanks....It started at 15.00 I sent the seller a message if he'd consider a buy it now. Next thing I know the auction ends and I thought someone else bought it. Then I saw it pop back up on a buy it now! I hesitated though and decided I'd never see one at that price again. Feel guilty though. Nothing planned with the wife for Valentine's day and here I am buying my toys! Selling off my Star Wars toy collection on the ' bay so I'll make it back. Or I can turn around sell it and buy a repro keep the remainder........ Naaahhhh just kidding! Lol.

Thanks....It started at 15.00 I sent the seller a message if he'd consider a buy it now. Next thing I know the auction ends and I thought someone else bought it. Then I saw it pop back up on a buy it now! I hesitated though and decided I'd never see one at that price again. Feel guilty though. Nothing planned with the wife for Valentine's day and here I am buying my toys! Selling off my Star Wars toy collection on the ' bay so I'll make it back. Or I can turn around sell it and buy a repro keep the remainder........ Naaahhhh just kidding! Lol.

macys, get her something from macys ;)

You paid 1999 prices? Damn, you DID do well! That's amazing. Congratulations!

Thanks you mugatu how have you been?
Super busy with work for a while. It sucks not being able to be on the boards as much. I do prowl though, from time to time. Great score, man. I need to keep an eye out for one of these. And the one you got is loaded. Usually they pop up half eaten missing the glass eye, or Big Red!

Big congrats!
I love getting a second go around on something from past days.
I must say, I'm very curious what said deal it was.
Again, congratulations.
Robert

Excellent score. I picked up a 2 cell for very cheap right before the prices skyrocketed almost 2 years ago and bought a real 3 cell bottom later for a good price.

So whatcha gonna make with it?

I'm thinking Luke's Empire saber always liked that one. Or maybe TFA. Don't need the extra button for that one.

Any suggestions for a bottom tube? I have aluminum tubing that will work but I need to cap the bottom. I used to put a washer in the bottom with JB weld then cover it with aluminum. Looking for a non glue solution to cap the bottom

Yeah.......Both premade bottoms are nice but a little pricey for me. Looks like a scratch built bottom for me!

I won't be home until Sunday night. If someone hasn't posted by then, I'll drop off measurements... It would be of a Roman's replica too which I believe Roy said was 1-2 mm longer than the vintage...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back