Guess the prop!

Zlurpo

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I'm pretty excited about this one... I'll post some photos, and you guess prop I'm building. The photos are only a proof of concept.
Maybe it will work well with the full size version, maybe not. But I think it can.

Is the proof of concept pretty? No. Clunky? Yes. Too thick? Also yes. But it works.
If the photos aren't clear (I bet they aren't) what I have there can roll up, lay flat, and the center circle can turn...

I'll tell/confirm what I'm working on tomorrow.

View attachment 83290

View attachment 83291

View attachment 83292

Last edited:
That is very obviously a hyperspatial thermal flux detonating device with self sealing stembolts and mint frosting, from the sequel to that movie that takes place in that place with that guy from that other movie with Kevin Bacon.

That is very obviously a hyperspatial thermal flux detonating device with self sealing stembolts and mint frosting, from the sequel to that movie that takes place in that place with that guy from that other movie with Kevin Bacon.

I was going to say the same thing!

Painfully obvious - the missing blueprints to that Imperial Battle station they're building in sector 6.

Mint? Pfffft!

I'm gonna guess a fan-folded "portable" shield of some kind, slips right out of your sleeve or glove or vambrace into your hand--unfolds with a snap.....and there you are.....

Reason for the center circle and it turning is the outside edge is sharpened or serrated or lined with blades or jagged sharp objects or something and the shield not only protects you from various and sundry weaponry of your opponent, but can also slice and dice 'im!!
......is my guess : ))

Shylaah

So I'm pretty excited about this one... I'll post some photos, and you guess prop I'm building. The photos are only a proof of concept.
Maybe it will work well with the full size version, maybe not. But I think it can.

Is the proof of concept pretty? No. Clunky? Yes. Too thick? Also yes. But it works.
If the photos aren't clear (I bet they aren't) what I have there can roll up, lay flat, and the center circle can turn...

I'll tell/confirm what I'm working on tomorrow.

View attachment 83290

View attachment 83291

View attachment 83292

Last edited:
Ok, a few of you guessed it. I'm gonna build a 1:1 replica of the map from Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. And the goal is that it will roll up AND have spinning discs in the middle. Conceptually, I already know how to make this work. Here's hoping it works well!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back