Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special

To anyone who was surprised to see Kevin Bacon should watch James Gunn's 2010 movie, Super, where Rainn Wilson and Ellen Page team up to save Liv Tyler from the sleazy Kevin Bacon. Its not for everyone, but I think it's great.

To anyone who was surprised to see Kevin Bacon should watch James Gunn's 2010 movie, Super, where Rainn Wilson and Ellen Page team up to save Liv Tyler from the sleazy Kevin Bacon. Its not for everyone, but I think it's great.

You also get a signature James Gunn characters dancing intro…. Animated! And it’s great

(the movie is as well)

Spoilerss?

Currently on a BAKED (and two margaritas! rewatch, some standout moments!!!…. (I’m sorry)

- Peter Quill: “you just got those instruments?”

- Mantis: “no one cares about the zargnuts but you.”
(Mantis owns this special…)

- go-bots are real in MCU canon.

- who knew mantis’ power could F People up so bad?

- using star maps, Drax went to John Cena’s place

- Mantis: “He heard. He’s Kevin bacon he probably has great ears”

image.jpg

- Mantis: “Don’t just take stuff!”
Anytime Mantis yells at Drax is great. And I’m carrying that over from how crappy he was to her at times in GOTG2. Her character growth now having no time for his **** is great.

- Mantis jumping off walls… pretty sure she didn’t need Drax to throw her over the fence…

image.jpg

- Mantis “How could you possibly think this is a man?”

image.jpg

- yeah pretty sure Mantis could jump the fence.

image.jpg

-Drax getting shot: “Stop it tickles! I’m gonna pee my pants!”

- Everyone’s disgust at actors. So good.

- For what little he’s in it, Chris Pratt is really good in this.

image.jpg

- The Smashing Pumpkins song is great.

-Drax “It’s Kevin bacon! He’s not a loser he’s great. We don’t hate him at all”

image.jpg

- Groot looks weird full stop. Next version please.

image.jpg

- “Hey… would it be okay if I’m a little bit late? I’ve got some friend here that… kinda need to learn about Christmas”

I dunno how he said that so sincerely. Perfect.

- Is Bucky’s missing arm now canon?

- Aw, Nebula. was dancing to Kevin Bacon.

- Nebula: “wow. I guess all actors are complete pieces of ****” this could only be funny said By Nebula.

image.jpg

This ending with Peter and Mantis was sweet as hell. Rolled a tear.

Finally Marvel put out their first rewatchable flick since Infinity War (Spiderman excluded) in my opinion only… in what I look for in an experience.

What is Peter wearing around his neck? I'm I forgetting something important? Totally possible.
It's the same medallion he has worn in the other films, that hexagonal gold and silver design.
Starlord necklace.JPG

The Guardians universal translator/communicator was more noticeable in this special also as we saw Drax wear his quite prominently on this chest with his regular top and then the Christmas sweatshirt later on.
Guardians Comm1.png
Guardians Comm2.png
Guardians Comm3.png
Guardians Comm4.png
Guardians Comm5.png

Why are we not talking about THE CHRISTMAS SWEATER?

We really should be talking about the Christmas sweater.

Seriously, I want that sweater. (Well, it looks more like a long-sleeved t-shirt with print on it.)

There are already several scam sellers on Etsy pretending to be in the US but actually located in Asia, selling copies. One even looks to be made from sports mesh! Yikes.

Why are we not talking about THE CHRISTMAS SWEATER?

We really should be talking about the Christmas sweater.

Seriously, I want that sweater. (Well, it looks more like a long-sleeved t-shirt with print on it.)

There are already several scam sellers on Etsy pretending to be in the US but actually located in Asia, selling copies. One even looks to be made from sports mesh! Yikes.
I found this about five mins after the first trailer came out, so it’s not a “Guardians replica”. Pizza Cat With Laser Eyes Unisex 3D Ugly Christmas Sweater All Over Print

OMG. Literally a waste of money. They should have burnt the money they were given to do this show, since they would have at least generated heat.

TazMan2000

Ok, finished it. It was fine. Sweet parts were sweet, warm parts were warm, fun parts.. .mostly fun.
"Fish out of water" wears out quickly for me, so I was over their LA antics pretty early. I don't think the cop violence in either direction was a necessary story element. A little eek.

Gunn said he wanted to evoke Bakshi in the animation, and, sorry guys, not even close.

Ok, finished it. It was fine. Sweet parts were sweet, warm parts were warm, fun parts.. .mostly fun.
"Fish out of water" wears out quickly for me, so I was over their LA antics pretty early. I don't think the cop violence in either direction was a necessary story element. A little eek.

Gunn said he wanted to evoke Bakshi in the animation, and, sorry guys, not even close.

Well it was close as in roto'd, and weird looking :lol: , but yeah Bakshi would have done every single frame...

But for sure his style... he didn't have "animators" so much as tracers. Always seemed pointless to me... shooting the whole thing with live actors then tracing... early in my career I had to trace actors for Don Bluth's "Anastasia" and it sucked the life out of me. Literally tracing a girl dressed as the character on a stage acting with other people dressed as their characters....

Roto is terrible... but a Bakshi staple

And yeah disney used Roto a bit, but def a lot less, and more often than not just used filmed stuff as reference.

Well it was close as in roto'd, and weird looking :lol: , but yeah Bakshi would have done every single frame...

But for sure his style... he didn't have "animators" so much as tracers. Always seemed pointless to me... shooting the whole thing with live actors then tracing... early in my career I had to trace actors for Don Bluth's "Anastasia" and it sucked the life out of me. Literally tracing a girl dressed as the character on a stage acting with other people dressed as their characters....

Roto is terrible... but a Bakshi staple

And yeah disney used Roto a bit, but def a lot less, and more often than not just used filmed stuff as reference.
I am so sorry you had to work with extensive roto…that takes all the fun out of animation.

Kevin Bacon scores his first solo entry on a Billboard songs chart as “Here It Is Christmastime,” from The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special, debuts at No. 7 on Holiday Digital Song Sales, No. 10 on Rock Digital Song Sales and No. 27 on the all-genre Digital Song Sales chart (all dated Dec. 10).

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back