1 - Making life casts of our faces with Alja-Safe Alginate.
2 - Fill Alginate negative with Hydrocal.
3 - Clean up Hydrocal positive.
3 - Coat with layers of Rebound 25 Silicone.
4 - (not pictured) cover Silicone mold with plaster bandages.
5 - Fill inside with Ultracal, burlap strips and add a metal pipe handle. We then have our positive faces in Hydrocal.
6 - Sculpt on our faces with Chavant medium clay (smoothed it out with 99% alcohol and terpenoid)
7 - Build a clay way that will be the space for the foam latex to go
8 - (not pictured) coat face with sculpted clay with Ultracal and burlap.
9 - Now we have a positive and negative for foam latex. Just need to clean them both and make any air bubble repairs.
10 - Add holes on high points to allow excess foam latex to escape and help prevent wrinkles.
The oven is actually a Masterbuilt digital electric smokehouse from Blain's Farm and Fleet. (33.5" tall) We liked that it had a timer, kept track of the temp, and would shut itself off. We did find that two heads don't cook evenly together so we have to go one at a time.
Nebula's chest piece was another huge challenge. We really should have just make a positive and negative mold like we did with the foam latex, however we did it the hard way, haha.
Made a aglinate cast of my chest, cleaned it up, filled with plaster, then tried to paint Smooth-On Dragonskin over it. We couldn't get an even coat, it would just pool in certain places and be too thin elsewhere. (first picture)
We ended up making a couple new molds and added the lines in with cording.We succeeded when we did one detail coat followed by thick coats of Dragonskin brushed inside the Rebound negative.