Grusderk Mask review.

Usurper

1st of all, this is not a attack on Grusderk, its a review of the mask i have here, if i sound pissed off, youll see why as you read on.
I have never wrote a review on anyones items like this as i think most people are honest and upfront about items, and do their best to give good value.
THIS IS OBVIOUSLY NOT THE CASE HERE.

I traded this with a member here who was upset at the mas.....thing he got sent to him, i was pre informed the jaw system did not work correctly, and it needed some work. I was asked if i would trade and maybe fix it up and paint it.

let me say this here and now.

NO WAY ON EARTH I AM FIXING THIS AND PAINTING IT, MY CONCIENCE WOULD NOT SIT WELL WITH ME, IF PEOPLE MISSUNDERSTOOD AND THOUGHT THATS HOW THE MASKS CAME, so i will NOT be PIMPING THIS ***** !

With that out of the way , here is the review.

1st i took several pictures TRYING to get a good picture of it. here is the best i could get.

1.jpg

Now thats the GOOD out of the way.

Bad things, hmm where to start. I put my hand inside to try the so worshipped JAW system, this was followed by a sharp pain on my index finger, upon taking my hand out, i felt the warm trickle of blood down my index finger, GOD KNOWS what would have happend if i had put my head inside the mask, i may be on the way to hospital, only being able to see out of one eye, and i dred to think what may have happend had my kids tried to put this on.
There are SHARDS of fibreglass all over the place, and many sections are like razors, just waiting to slice and dice you.
I have marked several places on this picture to show the edges etc. the one by the eye was actually BIGGER, so i broke it off, ( this was before i decided i write this )

seriously ******* annoyed to begin with.
shards.jpg

I can happily SWEAR ON MY KIDS LIFE, i have not done anything adverse to this, this is how it arrived.

With the undermask showing i thought id see how well the mask stands up on its own,( the sign of a decent thickness is the mask holding or nearly holding its shape when NOTHING is inside, it shows the maker has not skimped on latex in my opinion. )
i do not need to say this really, but i will anyway, this is the thinest mask i have ever seen, it is PAPER thin, so thin in many places it is actually falling apart.
anyway here is how it looks sitting on its own.
offskull.jpg

It just collapses on itself.

Now, with the skin back on, lets eventually see the mouth open. i had to wedge it open as one hand was not enough.

open.jpg

If you look under the jaw you can see that when the mouth is opend, the latex is that thin it is starting to rip.

jawopen.jpg

no comment.

Quality control ( or lack of it )

Next onto the seems, 1st thing that strikes me is the size of them, and the mess that is the seems, the airbubbles are not a issue in my eyes and its extremely hard not to get ANY. but the seems !!!! well you have a look.

Left side.
left.jpg

well ok , maybe the right side is better eh.

WRONG ! ! ! !

right.jpg

You will also notice, the lower mandibles are just peices of FOAM painted with latex, WHAT THE **** YOU LAZY *&*^*.

You can see the other seem line going over the top mandibles in this picture, it also show the lack of dred holes, there is a suggestion of dred holes, but none there in actual fact. I had to hold the latex as its that thin i could not photo it withouth supporting it.

dred1.jpg

back of the head, more dred hole SUGGESTIONS.

dred2.jpg

I got some pale coloured dreds with this which to be fair are the best part of this mask by a long ******* way.

the dredrings are some sort of epoxy pushed into dredring shapes ROUGHLY. HUGE seem lines on dredrings. if you can even call them that.

dredrings.jpg

The teeth are not worth mentioning.

Now the fact that this heap of steaming horse **** drew blood from me, is annoying enough, the thought that people pay $460 + post for these raw, is frankly plain ******* stupid.

And to be honest im ******* offended by this whole experience, i was once going to get one of these mas,,,, sorry LATEX LUMPS to paint, DODGED A ******* BULLET THERE Lee!

i do not know what else to say about this, i guess the pictures are self explanitory.

Oh by the way, do not PM me saying how much you trust Grus and he does this because he loves us, i couldnt give a rats ass.

I was concidering giving it away, but frankly i now consider that as cruelty. Once i have calmed down i may talk to Andrew or someone about maybe finding someone who could use this ( do not pm me about it, i will ignore any begging pm's )

BUT I may actually burn this, as feel it does not belong to this earth, and deserves to be sent back from where it came , HELL !!!!!!

EDIT. I have rewrote this several times, trying to just state the facts. I may put this is a box and one day try to fix it. But then again i may also win the lottery one day.

and incase anyone does not get the drift, THIS MASK IS A PEICE OF ****.

If this is what you have to suffer to get a NEARLY moving mouth system, you can stick it squarely up your arse !

1.jpg

shards.jpg

offskull.jpg

open.jpg

jawopen.jpg

left.jpg

right.jpg

dred1.jpg

dred2.jpg

dredrings.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ABSOLUTLY, ;)

nice... um.... "review".......... i am actually very intreeged by this in that i was wondering weather to buy one of his or make my own and this answers that very clearly

that thing really is **** :lol:

peace,
-zach

hahahahaahahahahaaha ******* hell Lee that has to be one of the most amusing posts i have seen in a while, and as for the review of the mask thing. brilliant. i tihnk you hit the finer points on the head there.
my opinion of grusderk's masks is one from purely seeing pictures and i have always thought they looked poop compared to, well compared to nearly everyones.
thanks for this vote of confidence in grusderks work. along with all the other things i have been hearing i won;t be parting with my cash in a mexico direction, not that i planned to tho

well that does it for me...i'm actually surprised based on all the ...oh i'm getting a grusderk mask thread i've seen...

i thought the rubies AVP masks were bad ..that is ...can i say it...? worse than those...

thanks for the review lee......But you shouldn't really hold back...as far your comment
THIS MASK IS A PEICE OF ****.

tell us how you really feel about it.. ;)

i'm not a mask maker so i can't be that harsh ..but i know crap when i see it

AM

I'm afraid that I could not argue with your, somewhat intense, review.

As corny as this sounds, this is a serious suggestion...

Take the mask and completly foam fill it so that the outside is as close as possible to the correct dimensions. Then mount it on a very sturdy base and use it as a form head to apply clay to during a sculpt. this would then at least save clay and time forming the basic structure of a pred head.

After that review, you are going to haave to pay someone to take it and promise not to mention their name.

Good luck,

George

LOL

Thats a brialliant review lee, well done....
I shudder when i think about what he might have sent back to me before i got a refund......
I think i dodged a bullet too, a big fuckin ICBM bullet...

U should start reviewing more stuff lee, your good at it...

You know what, i should have known better i knew the masks were NOT the best quality, but thought it would be cool to paint another mask, so i guess this is self inflicted really.

I just didnt expect THIS.

I will not be using this for any sculpting etc, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth to even THINK about using this.

But if this saves ONE PERSON wasting $400 + which is what i believe these cost RAW, then i guess its served a purpose.

LOL

Thats a brialliant review lee, well done....
I shudder when i think about what he might have sent back to me before i got a refund......
I think i dodged a bullet too, a big fuckin ICBM bullet...

U should start reviewing more stuff lee, your good at it...

No, i seriously do NOT like doing this, but this is so far from acceptable its not even remotely funny.

everyone has different talent levels but most i guess try to do the best. ( well i hope ) but this stinks of "THE FAST BUCK" which riles me.

I guess if i did review id give most 90+% as i love scratch made stuff, you have no idea how much i love seeing people strive to make cool stuff. ;)

this ain't a hand job ...but your one of the mask makers around here and if you want to give your 2 cents about the piece ..your entitled...

if anyone takes offense to it....they have the right to object ...but it's your review....

if they would like to post a rebuttle to your review they have that right as well.

I hope we can still speak our minds around these parts without everyone getting all "clique" about it.

Andrew

So I've been wondering how to respond here. I am the one that sent Lee this mask...we have discussed at length how to go about this. At first we decided not to mention my name as I still have not received my replacement. I have decided not to be held hostage by posting my response. Gabriele it is on you to honor what we have agreed and in no way should my comment here have any bearing on that original deal. As stated in my other thread I expressed my dissatisfaction with this mask. Having owned many other masks by makers on this board, I knew that his wasnt the quality I expected for the price. In Gabe's defense he acknowledged this ( though I'm still not sure why he sent it in the first place). Lee already stated this wasnt a personal attack on Grusderk..but in fact an honest review. It confirms to me what I received. Now saying this, I would hope that it pushes Gabriele to produce a better product to his customers. I am still hoping that the replacement has those improvements and if not I will take Gabe up on his offer to return my money no questions asked. There are a few on this board that have stated that Gabe is a good guy and if they are correct, there should not be a problem . As of now, I have yet to see this...All I have gotten are a defective mask and broken promises.
I have dealt with Predator prop makers for quite a few years now. Until recently, Lee and I have never personally spoken. In the short time that we have, he has become a friend as well as someone I fully intend to do business with in the future. The reason for this is not only is he an excellent artist, but he practices what many lack..close personal communication with his customer. The deal to trade this mask for a set of legs is something that we discussed in chat. I feel that he did me more of a personal favor then make a trade, and for that I am indebted to him.
This post can serve as a warning to some...or can be looked at as a way to motivate makers to give their customers a product worth spending their hard earned money on.

Until recently, Lee and I have never personally spoken. In the short time that we have, he has become a friend as well as someone I fully intend to do business with in the future. The reason for this is not only is he an excellent artist, but he practices what many lack..close personal communication with his customer.

Just to lighten the mood.

Theres no way on earth im dealing with you again for sending me this pile of crap ;)

All joking apart.

This is totally NOT Ptgreek's/Georges fault, and i in NO WAY hold him responsible. Happy to deal with you again in the future George.

I just read this and must say.... you hit it bro'!

This peace of... what ever it is... is not worth the $460 never even $50 !

Wow - I've never seen **** look that bad before! Thanks Lee for enlightening us and forewarning anyone even considering a deal with Grusderk.

I'm no veterinarian but I know a horse's ass when I see one, and that my friends is a pile of **** that's fell out of it ;)

Great review Lee :lol:

bravo lee!!!! bravo....its about time someone had the balls to tell it like it is!!! most times the poor people that have to deal with seller's like this are either waiting so long for their stuff when they finally do get it they are just happy they didnt get ripped off totally, or they reallly dont know what a well made mask should look like! like i posted in ptgeeks thread....how about a deadbeat seller's list. nice quick reference for potential buyers. and concequenses for people who make promise's they cant or never intend to keep. the first person you screw around puts you on the list, if 2 more give strikes to your name ,your done on the lair!!! 3 strikes and you are OUT!!!!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back