Grordbort-Style Retro Raygun

Mr. Nagata

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Since the Weta raygun contest is still a month or two away and I was feeling anxious to build something, I decided to make this Grordbort-style raygun. I'll probably incorporate some of the design elements into my official submission.

4_raygun4.jpg

4_raygun3_v2.jpg

A couple more with flatter lighting:

32_raygun1.jpg

32_raygun2.jpg

Stunning, i love it!!

Some of the parts in this are really intriguing, the glass ball with the red liquid is genius!

Thank you very much. The little glass ball is actually the liquid filled bulb from a Galileo thermometer. I was at an artisan fair where some guy was selling them as pendants for jewelry. I bought a couple to use in my rayguns.

That looks really good. There is going to be good competition for the Bison contest. I like your use of the fin too. Nice nod to the Bison.

The glass domes on the front and back are miniature glass domes I ordered online. Just google miniature glass dome and you'll get a bunch of websites for this kind of stuff.

This is absolutely fantastic! I like the crystal very much :) Did you make it from scratch or is it made from... 'stuff'?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back