gromitbassist's AVP armor

gromitbassist

Well I got the ball rolling about a week a ago to start building the armor for the AVP Predator . I bought a 4' by 8' sheet of Sintra and began cutting and painting followed the fun of using a hot glue gun. MMM the feeling of smearing the hot glue with a fingertip . First I completed the groin armor and then the butt armor. I thought those might be needed in case the wife found out what I was building. Then today the shoulder bells went together. After I finish the bells I'm going to finsh the chest and rib areas of armor.

The shoulder bell vents still need to be cut, painted and put on.

avp_006.JPG

avp_011.JPG

avp_013.JPG

avp_014.JPG

It's not clear enough what/what it is???

I'm using a rubies Darth Vader as the base and building off it. Once I attach the shoulder bell vents I'll trim off any excess material on the bell corners. Its fits right and the shoulder width works with my body mass nicely. I'll be attaching the Sintra "ribs" to it and over the chest and neck area.

I used one of the stellar templates found on the forum and made a paper shaping. I then outlined the piece onto 1/8" sintra and cut with a simple box cutter (razor blade).

I think I finally got the chest and shoulder armor for the AVP Predator the way I like it. So it went from the Rubies Darth Vader to this.

chest_armor.jpg

chest_armor_side.jpg

OOPS! More work was done on the AVP Predator. I managed to find a little time to knock these out as bicep plates. Next up it's either the shins or forearm wear. I'm not really looking forward to the headache of either.

bicep_plates.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back