Grim Grinning Ghosts - hi res video?

The Rock-a-who

Does anyone have access to a hi-resolution of the video used for the Grim Grinning Ghosts in the Disney Haunted Mansion ride?

I've found a few on YouTube, but either these aren't sharp enough for my tastes or I'm just not smart enough to extract it from YT at a high/original resolution. :unsure

I don't know if asking for this is taboo since it IS film used by Disney, but I figured if it's on YT and not taken down it's at least fair to ask in here.

I'm making the Grim Grinning Ghosts for my yard this Halloween and while what I have works, I'd really like to sharpen it up some. :)

Last edited:
I'm sure you've seen these on youtube:

Haunted Mansion Singing Bust - YouTube

But that's the highest resolution I have seen. I've been in the Haunted Mansion community for quite a few years, and haven't seen anything much better than that. I believe they originated from the doombuggies.com site here:

DoomBuggies > Explore the history and marvel at the mystery of Disney's Haunted Mansion attractions!

So you might get some better quality versions by using the original source from doombuggies rather than a re-encoded youtube video.

I have a fan-made History of the Haunted Mansion dvd at home that MAY have the singing busts videos in a little bit better quality, I'll check later tonight and report back :thumbsup

I'm sure you've seen these on youtube:

Haunted Mansion Singing Bust - YouTube

Yup, that's the one I'm using actually :)

It could be I have a cruddy LCD projector and the problem lies there. I've seen videos of others doing this and theirs look much better (I'm using a Discovery Wonderwall projector - 'cause I'm broke :unsure)

Like I said, what I have will do the job, and I'll probably stick with that and save for a real LCD projector for next year. :D

Okay, found an LCD projector at a pawn shop and got it. The LCD vs the Discovery Wonderwall projector is like night and day. Extremely crisp and clear images projected on the busts. You can view my test run (and progress) here.

The Grim Grinning Ghost Version 5 on youtube is privately owned and they rent it out. It is way too expensive to try. Better off with a good quality LCD projector and downloading the version off youtube. There are a few nice pumpkin versions out there as well. Try WindowCreeps.com.

The Grim Grinning Ghost Version 5 on youtube is privately owned and they rent it out. It is way too expensive to try. Better off with a good quality LCD projector and downloading the version off youtube. There are a few nice pumpkin versions out there as well. Try WindowCreeps.com.

Thanks for the cool link :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back