Interest Griever test tube - Maze Runner Scorch

santiclause

Sr Member
Hello, this is from the Maze Runner Scorch movie that hasn't come out yet. It's some kind of griever test tube baby. I think we plan to have 5'' outside diameter tubes with casted end caps painted. We are going to try to print the griever ourselves, but might go through shapeways just to capture all the detail as much as possible. The tube should be filled with some kind of liquid and some sort of dye. We are not sure if they will have LED's or not, it looks like the ones in the film do not. We will probably make the needles on their backs separate, it wouldn't make much sense to 3d print those.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpgtube.jpgtube_render.jpggrieverRender.jpgscreenshot 216.JPGgriever.jpggriever2.jpg

Interested List:

1. sceno
2. eaviii
3. the schlitzie - possible kit or griever model

Last edited:
griever half prints posted on the first post of the thread. Just need to put them together and do any post work on them. Sparking any interests yet?

I finally got around to seeing it tonight and love your prop. What kind of price are we looking at?

I finally got around to seeing it tonight and love your prop. What kind of price are we looking at?

Cool thanks! Probably around the $100-150 range for a finished LED griever tube prop. We noticed there were strings attached to the bottom of the grievers in the movie, so we're going to do that too...makes since so the grievers wont float to the top. It's a decently sized prop and would look cool either on display, on a desk or even as some sort of night light.

bump for a few more interest. I would like to make this one, but would probably need a few more people on board. I would have to order multiple pre cut tubes and my minimum length would be to cut up an 8ft tube. I could get 6 tubes out of that I believe. So if we could get 6 people interested and on board it should work. unless someone knows where I can get single order clear acrylic tubes or glass tubes?

Without enough interest to cover the cost of materials of the tubes and things I couldn't offer a complete kit, but I could possibly off the top and bottom pieces and the griever model that goes in the middle and leave it up to you guys to supply your own tube? Would that be something you guys are interested in?

Thanks,
Bryan - Creative Conceptz Props

I'm surprised there isn't more interest... I was quite surprised with how much I enjoyed the movie.

If you offer any kind of kit option or griever castings, put me on an interest list for that.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back