Gridwall and Wall Gun Displays

<div class='quotetop'>(firstmark @ Jun 16 2006, 02:21 AM) [snapback]1262521[/snapback]</div>
Anyone have any experience with using gridwall materials or similar methods to display guns on a wall.
[/b]

BobaDebt or someone posted pics of their prop room awhile back using gridwall... Maybe they'll see this and post again. :)

J

I posted about this a couple weeks ago and didn't get much of a response. I'm trying to decide how I want to display my guns and blasters.

This is one of the easier and nicest looking display racks that I've seen.

j48223img10b219.jpg

Here's the tutorial for it:

http://www.imperial-fleet.com/bbcforum/viewtopic.php?t=71

With gridwall type displays the guns are held up with a bracket or two. Does this focused pressure damage delicate items over time like rubber guns? Anyone ever gridwall an entire wall is that tacky is it hard to find support beams to screw the gridwall into if it covers such a large area?
I probably would explore things first with cheap toy guns so if they fall or get damaged its no big deal. Just curious if anyone else has any experience with these display methods.
Anyone have any thoughts on narrow shelves with the items individually held into the wall with a gunstand/bracket versus gridwall. Lots of gun stores just stand rifles upright which might not be as possible for delicate items.

Also anyone ever suspend guns from a ceiling or gridwall or otherwise fasten them to a ceiling to maximize space. Might be even tougher considering its harder to find a stud through ceiling material. Might make a room stand out though.

I'm pretty sure I was the first person in this community to use this stuff and I have an entire 11x14 room covered in it

The pictures I have are too large for Wackychimps service but if you email me at bobadebt@ec.rr.com I will send them to you.

If you do an entire wall or a room you run 2 horizontal bands of boards around the perimeter and that is where you attach the mounting brackets

I have displayed my collection on this system for more then 4 years and have not had any problems with the exception of my Studio Scale Tie Fighter, the solar panels started to sag.

All of my other resin guns seem to do okay.

OK, I'm home now, so here are a couple pics of my display.
There are 3 pieces, 8' x 2'. They're held to the wall with standard wall anchors (2 per bracket) and I've never had a problem with them shifting or anything.
Eric

grid3.jpg

grid2.jpg

grid1.jpg

I used Slatwall instead of the Gridwall... I also left a space above for a shelf for helmets and such.

It's an old pic but you get the idea.
rtwall4oj.jpg

hi all

ive just bought a few army dirttracks ( used for chucking under landrovers when they get boged in )
im in the middle of cleaning them up and then they will get a quick spray job

this should look good for weapons and stuff

jay

<div class='quotetop'>(firstmark @ Jun 18 2006, 02:36 AM) [snapback]1263341[/snapback]</div>
What is the big difference from a display standpoint between gridwall and slatwall
[/b]
I donÂ’t think there is much of a difference other than the look; there are a number of different hangers, shelves, and hooksÂ… for each. I found the Slatwall less distracting and a little less industrial, allowing the guns to appear more prominently.

And another old pic.
ltwall0mt.jpg

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back