Green Lantern Logo Dimensions

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

fancher37

This is my first post. I'm new to the RPF and new to prop building in general. I do make things, mostly from wood and I'd like to preface this post by saying that for all intents and purposes, I am a beginner. I love Green Lantern and have always wanted something that I made myself to hang up in my home. I decided that I would start off with something simple, so I want to try my hand at the logo.

I am not an artist. My brain is simply not wired to make something straight out of my mind. I am jealous of people that have such amazing abilities. My process begins with meticulous drawings that mark every dimension and possible measurement I'll need to know. (Yes, this can be a dangerous habit especially when it comes to prop building and making replicas,) I know the GL logo is quite the simple look, but I have yet to manage any preliminary sketches to feel right. Does anybody have an idea of the logo dimensions? I have looked through most of the posts related to GL, and even google failed me.

I don't need exact dimensions, since those may be harder to come by. Even ratios at this point in time would be perfectly fine with me. I could print a logo and copy it down to measure it, but that feels like cheating. Once I can get the drawing made up, I plan on making it the centerpiece of my project. I have no idea what that is, yet, but when I start you all will definitely be the first to see progress.

If there are any other GL fans out there, I'm always up for ideas that may suit a beginner and help me build skills. Thanks for all your help and I hope to see a ton of great projects!

Happy replicating!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.