Kronarg

Hi Iam thinking about making a green goblin costume for Halloween and found this latex mask on Amazon I was thinking of using as a base, only problem is I have never worked with latex before and I have no idea how to paint it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200515-201646.png
    Screenshot_20200515-201646.png
    853.8 KB · Views: 275
Paint ánd perhaps shorten the nose(hair).
Foundation of the mask looks good though.Reminds me of the CFX Imp mask.
If all else fails, you can open and use this with pepakura software:
Good luck with your project ! Don't forget to start a build thread at some point.

Paint ánd perhaps shorten the nose(hair).
Foundation of the mask looks good though.Reminds me of the CFX Imp mask.
If all else fails, you can open and use this with pepakura software:
Good luck with your project ! Don't forget to start a build thread at some point.
Thanks for the tip, do you know the best way to go about doing that this is my first attempt at using latex, what's the best way to make the nose a bit shorter and the ears bigger and what's a good paint to use for begginers??

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip, do you know the best way to go about doing that this is my first attempt at using latex, what's the best way to make the nose a bit shorter and the ears bigger and what's a good paint to use for begginers??

The easiest way to paint latex for a beginner would be Nightshades latex paint from Motion Picture FX. They work incredibly well, and you don’t have to guess at ratios like you’d have to when mixing your own. You can pick out a few colors and do a good amount of the painting by hand.

Modifying the sculpture will be harder for a beginner. Patching is something that takes a lot of practice. You’d have to use things like rubber cement to close the end of the shortened nose and Pro-patch (prosaide mixed with Cabosil) to smooth and rebuild areas. The ears could in theory be made bigger by taking soft foam and carving it to shape, and then applying latex to the surface. Glue down with rubber cement and patch together with the pro-patch.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back