Green Goblin lenses and paint.

AnsonJames

Sr Member
Hi all,

I've just bought a screen copied Green Goblin mask from Keith (amazing service and a great deal.) and I'm looking for lenses and the two tone paint for it.
There appears to be two types of lenses in the movie - one set just appears to be a yellow gold translucent coating and the other is mainly gold with a multi-colored reflective surface - any ideas?
The paintwork on the original helmet appears to be a two tone/pearlescent green/purple combo.
Is this sort of paint available as a spray paint or was it done like a custom car paint job?
Hope you can help me on this folks.
Thanks -

Anson

Originally posted by AnsonJames@Feb 15 2006, 06:45 AM
Hi all,

I've just bought a screen copied Green Goblin mask from Keith (amazing service and a great deal.) and I'm looking for lenses and the two tone paint for it.
There appears to be two types of lenses in the movie - one set just appears to be a yellow gold translucent coating and the other is mainly gold with a multi-colored reflective surface - any ideas?
The paintwork on the original helmet appears to be a two tone/pearlescent green/purple combo.
Is this sort of paint available as a spray paint or was it done like a custom car paint job?
Hope you can help me on this folks.
Thanks -

Anson
[snapback]1184855[/snapback]​

Lenses_ Yellow saftey or driving for the Translucent. Mirrored Yellow for the others. I'm sure the designers had a specific Oakley made for those, too. Only trobuble I see is finding lenses large enough or with a shpe you can use.

Paint- Doody had a specific paint he used on his helmet, but Green/purple Flip-flop would work for the "Hat" area. You used to be able to get 12oz cans at most auto supply. Other than that, go to an automotive paint shop supply and look through their chip books. House of Kolor might be a good company to look at first, they make some wild winishes.

The screen-used helmets were chromed first..dunno how that would affect the duplicolor. The Bobs did a great job replicating the paint.

Depends on how much you're willing to spend I guess.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back