Greedo Killer Scope dimensions?

Timmythekid

Sr Member
Been working slowly on a budget GK using parts from an awesome pep file by Uhu02 (particularly the supressor as I can't get one into Canada). I've turned my attention to the scope, but in the pep I have the thing is only about .75" diameter. I was under the impression that the Compac was actually more like 1" external diameter, and was thinking of scratching the scope the same way I did my M38 (some ABS and a chopped-up funnel) as no one seems to be offering resin pieces at the moment. The reference pics I have are however a little difficult to scale accurately and don't line up nicely with my mauser dimensions. Knobs and other greebles on top I can work out later, but does anyone happen to know what the overall dimensions for the various parts of the Compac tube-eyepiece are? Cheers!!!

adamata should be offering up a run in resin soon, but you are right--the main tube is 1". As for the eyepiece, I'll have to measure later tonight when I get home

I know about the upcoming run, but it's been in progress a while and I have absolutely no self-control when it comes to waiting for stuff. Plus I like scratching stuff even if it may not end up looking quite as nice.

Thanks for the confirmation - with that I should be able to get pretty close, but if you happen to drop by with some more dimensions I wouldn't object :)

Tell me about, I'm the same way! :lol

I was able to source one of his earlier casts from another member here. I'll see what i can do

I re-read that and I sounded bitchy. I didn't mean I was poo-poo'ing the resin cast, in fact if it was available I would have already snapped one up. Anyways, here are the dimesions I got in photoshop, it'll be intersting to see how much lens distortion there actually was in this shot...

Main Tube - 1"d X 8"l
Short Bit - 1 1/8"d X 1 1/8"l
Funnely Bit - 1 1/8"d1 X 1 1/16"l X 1 1/2"d2
Eyepiece - 1 1/2"d (MAYBE SLIGHTLY BIGGER?) x 1 5/8"l

So, I can get measurements tonight if you want.

I also just got a crapload of new RTV to re-do the mold again, so i hope to have something in the next week or so.

Here is a pic to help for now:
compacsuper-big.jpg

Thanks, Adamata - I think that may even be the pic I've been using to try and pull measurements from. I've been subscribed to the interest thread since it went up, so I'm definetly anxious to see you start rolling them out the door!

Diameter = 1"
Length from top to bottom - 10 1/4" (but that can change depending on where you place the bell)
eye piece diameter - 1.5"
top of eye piece that connects to main body diameter - 1 1/8"

Hope that helps

Diameter = 1"
Length from top to bottom - 10 1/4" (but that can change depending on where you place the bell)
eye piece diameter - 1.5"
top of eye piece that connects to main body diameter - 1 1/8"

Hope that helps

Jeeze, Adamata, thanks for the info! Weird that every thing else seemed to scale just about exactly except for the length. Looking forward tgo your run of resin scopes, but in the meantime I`ll see how far this gets me. Incidentally, are you still trying to cast the whole scope, or are you considering casting the bits as someone suggesstedÉ

the whole scope, and the way I do it, there is almost no cleanup involved.

I do have a casting of the adjustment knob component and the front lens piece as well. I tried doing it in pieces before as well

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back