Done / Completed Greedo Blaster DT-12 Machined Aluminum Parts

Side rods are done:
IMG_1394.JPG

I've already started working on the points. I'm expecting those to take about a week or so to machine so I will put the pontoon mold on hold until next weekend.

Here's some "early bird" shots of the prototype which is suppose to be for my blaster. My original idea was to machine a replica of an original stylus part and then test fit it in an original model part (flash hider). I discovered if I used a 5/8" drill bit (which is the inner diameter of the smaller end of the model part) the stylus part fit like a glove and sticks out of the end at the correct length, which is around 3/8" or 4 "fins".
IMG_1395.JPG

IMG_1396.JPG
IMG_1397.JPG

So that it fits the replica Ruger correctly, the part needs to be cut down about 1/4" with a notch added. A "collar ring" will also need to be added. This may be something that can be machined into future parts, so it's just one piece.

Here's a photo of the first barrel extension prototype that includes a ring. The next prototype will be one, solid part that includes the ring:

Barrel Extension Prototype.JPG

Barrel extension prototype #2:

IMG_1410.JPG

Front:

IMG_1411.JPG
Rear:

IMG_1412.JPG
Installed:
IMG_1413.JPG

One small item I forgot to include was a threaded hole with a bolt for easy installation. Because the Ruger MK I replica comes with a set screw for the existing barrel, this can easily be used with the Barrel extension.
Price for the barrel extension will be $60.
This puts the kit at over $128.

I am estimating that a kit could run about $170 at this point.
If anyone on the waiting list for a kit doesn’t think that they will be purchasing one please post a reply or send me a pm. Thanks.

IMG_1415.JPG

This will be a two-part mold so we can get all the nice detail on the flip side.

I'm also pondering the idea of molding the sight rod mount to keep the price of the full kit down, but I may put that idea on hold for now because I don't think it's going to effect the final price that much.

Last edited:
Sight rod prototype with Reade model parts:

IMG_1417.JPG

And without the parts:
IMG_1416.JPG
Price is set at $15 each. Once I do the actual run, I may be able to get that price down a bit, but it may even out once I add the mount.

Last edited:
Sight rod with mount:
IMG_1426.JPG

The mount turned out to be much thinner than I had originally realized, but despite that, I was able to machine two grooves on the top and bottom to help fit the sight rod to the gun barrel.

Mount only:
IMG_1427.JPG

Flip side of the mount:
IMG_1428.JPG

Sight rod and mount:
IMG_1429.JPG

Price for the mount will be $10.

Next up for machining will be the rear sight along with a price for the kits.

Last edited:
A mold for the pontoons has been completed. I'll be doing test pulls this week.

I also came up with an alternate way of machining the sight rods that may lower the price and provide a better way of attaching the model parts. I'll be working on that this week as well.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back