Greedo Blaster Discussion

Thanks for the reply Dann. That is disappointing, but not necessarily a deal-breaker. If the genuine grip profile is close enough to the shape and size of the KJW frame, I’m not above some internal surgery to help them fit.
This may seem like a lot of work just to get a Ruger logo on the sides, but the blaster would look so much better with it. Not to mention the added flair of having at least some part of a real gun on there.
-Seth

Huh, after looking again at my Greedo gun, either the Marushin came with the Ruger Logo on the grips, or I actually DID put my real ones on!

My real MK II has some Pachmayr's on it, with the fancy finger grooves. It's an all-stainless version, but with a Tactical Solutions Black fluted and threaded upper, for my Gemtech Outback II-D suppressor! :D

0217192315.jpg
0217192320.jpg
0217192318.jpg
0217192322.jpg
0217192323.jpg

EDIT: Oh, I forgot. I machined the little aluminum thread protector for the MK II. I made a different one a few years ago out of delrin that was really cool, made it look like a space gun. I'll see if I can find a pic.

Last edited:
Aha!! I found it! Took this picture back in September of 2015, when I was working on delrin Hoth flash hiders, and trying my darndest to prove that it had a drastically different shape than the Bespin flash hiders.
IMG_20150925_003224.jpg
IMG_20150923_213149.jpg

IMG_20150923_225835.jpg

I guess I had Hogue grips on the MK II back then.

Huh, after looking again at my Greedo gun, either the Marushin came with the Ruger Logo on the grips, or I actually DID put my real ones on!

My real MK II has some Pachmayr's on it, with the fancy finger grooves. It's an all-stainless version, but with a Tactical Solutions Black fluted and threaded upper, for my Gemtech Outback II-D suppressor! :D

View attachment 990835 View attachment 990836 View attachment 990837 View attachment 990838 View attachment 990839

EDIT: Oh, I forgot. I machined the little aluminum thread protector for the MK II. I made a different one a few years ago out of delrin that was really cool, made it look like a space gun. I'll see if I can find a pic.

WHat a sight...love that gun!

Why, thankee kindly, sir!

It's a hoot to shoot, to boot!!

Quieter than an airsoft gun. All you really hear is the action/bolt cycling.

When I put the suppressor on my bolt-action Savage rifle, you don't even hear that. It's pretty much just the sound of the trigger and the firing pin striking the cartridge!

Here's another old photo, from when I first swapped the stock out on the rifle. Man that thing's so much fun to shoot!
IMG_20151024_203155.jpg

There ya go!

Further proof that it does actually work!

The grips on my Marushin are my real MKII grips, I checked.

Thanks mgoob for the verification!!

Why, thankee kindly, sir!

It's a hoot to shoot, to boot!!

Quieter than an airsoft gun. All you really hear is the action/bolt cycling.

When I put the suppressor on my bolt-action Savage rifle, you don't even hear that. It's pretty much just the sound of the trigger and the firing pin striking the cartridge!

Here's another old photo, from when I first swapped the stock out on the rifle. Man that thing's so much fun to shoot!
View attachment 991017

You just might have my dream gun! What caliber is that? Is it the .338 Lapua? Man that's a thing of beauty! (y)

You just have to make sure you buy the correct version of the pistol as the holes line up differently.

Thanks mgoob. That’s great. Which version of the airsoft did this work on?

I bought this used ~8 years ago.
There are no markings on the pistol, which means I can't tell you for sure.
But if the holes look like they line up on your airsoft, just buy them.
You can always re-sell them and get your money back.
That's what I've done on many projects ;)

I was just wondering, the tonearm part... Is there a 3D model of it that I could download and print myself, by chance? I'm looking to scale one down for a little Nerf conversion that I'm doing for fun.

By the way, for everyone who gave me advice on swapping the airsoft grips for real ones: Thank you! It works. I bought a pair of new MK 2 grip scales from the Ruger store. They needed a little material removed from the inside of the screw bosses, but everything lines up great.
993D538D-687D-4619-911C-2D452E46F5BF.jpeg
F3F95AF3-1A9B-45BB-8136-F2DB89AE704C.jpeg
CFC4B26C-7CFE-437D-8784-193578AB09D4.jpeg

Couldn’t resist mocking up what I have. There’s a notch on the top edge of the left grip, but it gets covered by the stylus brush.

So I’m gathering parts for my first blaster build and thought I’d put a question out there:
Will original Ruger MK1 or MK2 grips fit on the KJW airsoft?
I just test fitted a set of MK 1 grips on my air soft pistol and they fit perfectly. There is some material on the back of the grips that need to be removed but the grip holes line up perfectly.

IMG_1171.JPG

IMG_1172.JPG

Last edited:
I recently remodeled the Transcriptors parts, and printed a few sets in resin, but I haven't had the chance to install them yet!

Haven't finished the cleanup work, really, either. But, they look pretty nice. The "missile warhead" part was interesting to model!

0211201947_HDR.jpg
0211201955.jpg
0211201954.jpg

Last edited:
Dann those look great. Well done. Maybe I’ll give modeling those stylus brushes a try. I’m not quite happy with the ones I’ve found so far— and I’ve never tried knurling before...
(And if that doesn’t pan out, aluminum would be nice!)

Thanks! I also have versions of the models with complete rods, but for ease of printing, decided to model the knurled sections separate, and have the rods assemble over a small round bar. This way, the smaller knurled parts can be printed at the 25 micron layer height, and the taller rods at 50 microns, saving time.

I can also do SOME of the parts in aluminum, maybe just the pulleys (which lots of other folks already do, so it might be a waste if time to do those) and the rods and the cones. I'll have to practice a little with the knurling, and may need to get the correct pitch (or something closer) for the knurls.

I've actually forgotten whether the real rods had the two smaller holes in them. The ones closer to the knurled area at the back. Were those always there, or were they added for the Fett tools?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back