Greedo Blaster Discussion

deadbolt

Sr Member
This thread is to discuss the accuracy and details of Greedo's Blaster, as well as any relative props or parts such as the Jawa blaster pistol.

Any ideas, finds, reference, or any information at all is welcome!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's some very obscure areas of this prop and the really low amount of photo reference makes it pretty difficult to tell some things factually or not. But I believe there's still more things that we all can learn about Greedo's blaster even with the available reference.

Here's some of the better photos I've seen around pertaining to this prop:

GreedosRuger_zps5aa77ca6.jpg

2oasfo_zpsa5f54629.jpg

2rmutd3_zps2be03495.jpg

Greedo_Han_zpsb4f7eaaf.jpg

2524F-1000x1000_zps868de15f.jpg

GreedosBlaster2_zps23150c73.jpg

And this one just because it's funny,
6tOYBLW_zps7aabdcaa.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To start, in the medical scene near the end of ESB where you can see the workings of Luke's mechanical arm, notice the aluminum hose fitting greeblies they used on the mechanical forearm prop,

sbd38_001a_zps533fec28.jpg

2880836894_a17d33eaa3_o_zpsa57c4ba7.jpg

The two larger fittings appear to be one of the parts previously making up the 'missile'-like pieces that are cast into both sides of Greedo's blaster:

(Edit: Not cast into, but instead a portion of the glued-on 'Missile' greeblie assembly. Thanks for the clarification and observation, Chris / lonepigeon!)

2oasfoedit_zpsa81715b9.png

-Carson

Last edited:
There are veron parts and some t-track as well plus the bump on the back is a screw cap/cover.

- - - Updated - - -

'Imperial disc' on the grip too.

Do the Picts of the jawa blaster exist outside do the VD? I thought those images were specifically shot for the VD. if so, weren't those types of images creating utilizing a lot of non-LFL archived props and costumes replicas? And if so, then it is simply a prop replica which has no known confirmation of any accuracy to a real prop from the archives. At best, someone could make a VD Jawa blaster but it has no real relationship to the screen used greedo blaster.

Or am I totally off base on this?

or are you simply trying to discuss two blasters in one thread?

I'm not sure if those Jawa photos were published anywhere else or not but that definitely appears to be either the same resin base or from the same mold as Greedo's screenused blaster. I need to find my old visual dictionary and look at it again but allot of the props like the cutaway saber and o-ring comlink were recreated for the book like you said. If I remember right I think there was a few real prop photos scattered about in there like a ROTJ E-11 and these Jawa photos. I will check again to be sure once I find my copy, and I'll make some new scans of the jawa photos while I'm at it.

Does anyone have any idea what those aluminum hose fitting greeblies could be from? They kind of remind me of those swiveling, vertical pen holders with a bb-chain attached to keep people from stealing the pen. I remember seeing a brass one very similar to that in a bank when I was younger..But with the reputation SW greeblies have, it probably won't be that simple. :lol

-Carson

Last edited:
Those aluminium greeblies you posted (also present on Lukes hand) somehow ring a bell...
Pretty sure these are also vintage transrotor/ michell turntable parts.

Markus

Last edited:
I knew I´ve seen these before ;)
Have a few in a lot of spare michell/ transrotor parts, albeit the wrong versions...

These are the "connectors" at the end of a turntables tonearm, which the headshell attaches to

Markus

Wow, excellent find, Markus! That most definitely appears to be the correct source of the hose greeblie parts..;)

ANH needed more turntable greeblies anyways. :D

-Carson

Probably 3/4 of the greeblies on ANH props are either Tomtit parts of Michell pieces.
Nice spot Carson!

I'm 99% sure the entire "missile" section made of Michell pieces.
The other tapered end is from a sweep arm and the middle section is from a stylus brush.
Here's a crude mockup...

greedo_missile_parts.jpg

Also note those are real aluminum parts not castings on the Jawa gun and you can make out the knurling.

More reference for all parts:
jmfluidarmm.jpg
stylus.jpg
transsweeph.jpg

Chris...I think your mockup is very accurate!!!

Since the stylus brush/ sweeparm is very common within the Fett community, it should be no problem to get the needed measurements and have the parts machined. Don't plan to spend 400-600 GBP for the parts to create this "dart/ missile" ;)

now we just need a bunch of tomtit parts to get the rest of the conversion kit

Markus

- - - Updated - - -

oh... the base of the stylus brush looks like the disc, which is found on the bowcaster and the MG34, is this correct!?

Markus

Since the stylus brush/ sweeparm is very common within the Fett community, it should be no problem to get the needed measurements and have the parts machined. Don't plan to spend 400-600 GBP for the parts to create this "dart/ missile" ;)

There are already aluminum stylus brush replicas available on The Dented Helmet.

oh... the base of the stylus brush looks like the disc, which is found on the bowcaster and the MG34, is this correct!?
Markus

The bowcaster discs are a combination of sweep arm and stylus brush bases, but there are many variations and even the machining tolerances vary wildly.

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to mention that I'm pretty sure the tapered piece sticking out of the Greedo gun barrel is the thick body section of the sweep arm.

It looks like they just shoved it in the barrel.

Lets just go back to that production picture of Greedo.... Greedo was a she and wore heels?! I've been a fan of SW for as long as I can remember and this is the first time i've come across this! Possibly incredibly late to the party here..

On the other hand, incredibly about of detail going into these blasters, like.. mind blowing! Love these posts.

Lets just go back to that production picture of Greedo.... Greedo was a she and wore heels?! I've been a fan of SW for as long as I can remember and this is the first time i've come across this! Possibly incredibly late to the party here..

Greedo - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki

Paul Blake played Greedo in the shots that feature both Greedo and Han Solo in the same frame. For Greedo's close-ups, a new articulated head was built for pickups at the end of the shoot, and Maria De Aragon was enlisted to play the Rodian.

There are already aluminum stylus brush replicas available on The Dented Helmet.

The bowcaster discs are a combination of sweep arm and stylus brush bases, but there are many variations and even the machining tolerances vary wildly.

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to mention that I'm pretty sure the tapered piece sticking out of the Greedo gun barrel is the thick body section of the sweep arm.

It looks like they just shoved it in the barrel.

The base looks like the qtip greeblie on the Han ANH.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back