Greeblie panels!!

Looking at this again... what are your core materials? Do you mount to foam board, insulation, etc? Also what are your adhesives/fasteners of choice? I've been doing steampunk things and I'm never real confident in my adhesives for mixed media objects. Any guidance is helpful.

Looking at this again... what are your core materials? Do you mount to foam board, insulation, etc? Also what are your adhesives/fasteners of choice? I've been doing steampunk things and I'm never real confident in my adhesives for mixed media objects. Any guidance is helpful.

i will upload a pic of my completed panel. started working on another, using slightly larger scale items. i used plywood as a backing board. easy to screw down parts. and 2 part epoxy for gluing items. lately i bought a squeeable container of gorilla glue. seems as good as the 2 part epoxy. im also making a side prop project and started experimenting with pink foam board. real easy to sand and paint. also lightweight.

Last edited:
i will upload a pic of my completed panel. started working on another, using slightly larger scale items. i used plywood as a backing board. easy to screw down parts. and 2 part epoxy for gluing items. lately i bought a squeeable container of gorilla glue. seems as good as the 2 part epoxy. im also making a side prop project and started experimenting with pink foam board. real easy to sand and paint. also lightweight.
Excellent. I'm glad you mentioned pink foam board because I've been considering that too. Mostly because you can cut some depth into it and recess pieces so they don't all appear on one plane. Just not sure how that will work so I'd love to see any of your results, trials and errors if you have the time.

here is my current project
a.jpg
- using slightly larger pieces. alot of recycled electyronic parts, and plastic case pieces. pvc pipe and elbows, etc. look close you will see the plastic piece that shaving blades get placed in when you purchase a 4 pack :)

b.jpg

some various doo-dads laying around. i have like 4 massive piles of stuff. i literally visualize any thing in my hand before i decide to throw it away. soda caps, the little white tables that prop up a pizza box, lol, anything can be used. grabbed a broken blender the other day from the garbage tons of cool parts.

will grab some pics of my first panel later.

c.jpg

some various doo-dads laying around. i have like 4 massive piles of stuff. i literally visualize any thing in my hand before i decide to throw it away. soda caps, the little white tables that prop up a pizza box, lol, anything can be used. grabbed a broken blender the other day from the garbage tons of cool parts.
Totally. I've got a few bins; vacuums, mixer, electronics both vintage and new. Whatever comes off the curb during city clean up week. :D

P.S. if this is at risk of thread hijacking, go ahead and start a new one, I'll be there.

these are awesome, planning a build myself of a shelving unit to display the other props I'm building, its a way down the list, so far I've collected to big boxes of junk aka greeblies. I'd love to know a bit more about your paint process. I noticed a jar in an early pic labelled 'rust' I've kept nails and wire wool in white vinegar to make home made wood stain and remove the galv for a unrelated project, I'm wondering it the crap at the bottom could be used.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back