Greeblie on Endor Bunker/Sail Barge Gun

JesseM

Has anyone ever found the greeblie that is on the threshold above the Endor bunker entrance. There are several in various locations on the bunker. Just today I noticed that the same greeblie is on the side of the main gun on Jabba's sail barge. It looks like it may be from the cylinder of an engine (rotatory enginer perhaps). Any clues?
bunkerpresskit1.jpg
1.JPG

Could be a differential or even a transaxle cover...

I know b’omarr monk had a entire transaxle case for a body

Good eye! Today I learned, thank you

No freaking idea but the beveled ridges make me think it sits on top of something, and those bars are designed to strengthen the plate

Could it be an old style pool pump cover?
That flange looks like it fits one of those clear inspection port covers for a filter basket.

Good eye! Today I learned, thank you

No freaking idea but the beveled ridges make me think it sits on top of something, and those bars are designed to strengthen the plate

Ironically, I am working on a full sized Endor bunker build for a con and I am also modeling the sail barge gun for a friend. I only noticed they were the same greeblie because I was working on both things at the same time.

That pipe attachment part has 10 bolt holes, which would suggest that you are dealing with higher than normal pressures, or an engine or pump gasket plate on a moving object. There are other bolt holes on either side of the plate, so it looks like it wasn't designed to be removed much. If we knew what it was made of, it may put a better light on what it is. To me it definitely looks like a gasket plate, which would be made out of steel or aluminum. If it were plastic, it would probably be dealing with exhaust/intake air? (Industrial air conditioner?)

On the Endor bunker, it seems like there are two different configurations of this piece.

TazMan2000

2.jpg

The grid looking area on the part has one section in the center that looks inconsistent with the rest. It looks like one side fits into the other side. Maybe a hinge?

On the Endor bunker, it seems like there are two different configurations of this piece.

TazMan2000

I noticed that. Some are missing the ears on the top and bottom. It could be that they are actually two different parts or the ears may have been cut off some of them to make the appear different.

Just remember that the sets where in the U.S. So most likely pieces easily found here.

VW and Porsche were plentiful here though, the vw 4sp looks pretty close

I mention euro transaxle, because there isn’t any “average” American cars that would be equipped with a transaxle like this

Front wheel drive trans axles look different then the cover I’m referring to, and knowing b’omarr monk had a Porsche transaxle I wouldn’t put it past them to grab more engine parts

Also could look into Subaru

Yeah. How about a turboprop gearbox cover?

TazMan2000
That’s another great idea!!

The creator of Ig-88 and b’morr monk is coming to my comic con this year. I’m going to ask him if he had anything to do with this bunker greeblie.

Once I saw his announcement I thought of this thread right away

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back